• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

John Dunbar

correct about everything
terrible game from murray to give federer the set and the opportunity to serve first in the second. hopefully federer doesn't decide to gift a break right at the start.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
well this set is gone. hopefully federer can regroup for the third.

edit: oh damn, federer gets it back to 4-4. just don't get broken now.

Peru

BvIWTwRIEAAHh70.jpg

It's Caro and Ana v.2.0, mind you

Faith

We will have at least 5 different Masters winner this year, crazy if you think.

Djokovic 3x, Nadal 1x, Wawrinka 1x, Tsonga 1x and now probably Federer :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I love Ferrer, I want Benneteau to win the tournament.

LuuKyK

Maria is not playing well at all. All the matches she won after RG were because of her fighting spirit and mental toughness. I mean, in the last match she hit 53 UE's to 23 winners and hit 11 DF's and still won. I dont think she will have enough to defeat Ivanovic playing in this form, unless the mental midget in Ana is awoken somehow.

Diamond

He's more deserving of one than Del Potro or Wawrinka, for sure.

Wawrinka and Del Potro both managed to beat the two best players in the world during their Slam wins, both playing spectacular tennis on their way to the title. Ferrer was never capable of doing so. I agree he's probably the guy who hasn't won yet who most deserves a slam title (I'd argue Davydenko is up there too, but he just hasn't the same level of play now), but I don't see why he'd deserved it more than Stan and Delpo, who had seemingly impossible draws and came through. They already proved they could do it. If Ferrer is Slam worthy, he "just" has to do the same kind of performance.

Top Bottom