• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Yikes, man, yikes. Agassi was a dick. Sampras was better about it -- a lesser man would've made some kind of meth joke about Andre -- but it was so awkward that he wasn't able to say anything funny.

It lets you appreciate just how amazing Fed and Nadal are. Federer has let his frustration show over the last year or two, but it still seems that these two great champions and rivals really respect and like each other.

Hey come on Agassi doesn't know any better he lost his child. Plus he hates tennis so this was like double trouble for him. :lol

Did anyone(MIMIC) watch that Fish-Djok match? It was ugly.

hsin

Banned
Well, Baghdatis managed to upset Federer. Damn, Federer was playing HORRIBLY. Way too many unforced errors, especially on key points. 1st serve was also a poor show.

Oh well, good for Baggy. Rooting for Nadal to win this and finally his confidence back in time for the FO.

gumshoe

Banned
Federer just lost to Baghdatis 7-5 5-7 6-7(4)

Terrible, terrible match from Federer. UE after UE

It is like he doesn't care about these tournaments anymore, just the GSs.

hsin said:
Well, Baghdatis managed to upset Federer. Damn, Federer was playing HORRIBLY. Way too many unforced errors, especially on key points. 1st serve was also a poor show.

Oh well, good for Baggy. Rooting for Nadal to win this and finally his confidence back in time for the FO.

I thought MIMIC bumped this thread. :lol

hsin

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
I thought MIMIC bumped this thread. :lol

I had to intervene in order to even out the bias! :D

Kinda had a feeling Federer wasn't going to win the tournament though. I just thought he'd at least make it to QFs.

Doubt that he's going to win any of the upcoming Masters leading up to FO.

Altazor

Good job Baghdatis! What a great match. I thought Federer was going to win, but the Bagh fought until the end and, hey, it paid off! He completely deserved it :D

jett

D-Member
hsin said:
Also, Nadal admitted that he couldn't understand what they were saying because they "speak too fast" for him.

What was the deal with Agassi saying that Sampras has no money?

hsin

Banned
Fed was playing horrendously, even by mortal standards. Lacked rhythm and focus. I think it was something like 50+ unforced errors to Berdych's 20 something?

He was clearly pissed too.

MIMIC

Banned
That was a terrible match. Either player winning it was a joke.

r1j2wx.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Dare I bring up the Djokiv-Rochus stats?:D

I'm well aware of how much Djoker sucks now :( He needs to get rid of his dreadful new serve. He's double faulting more than freakin Sharapova.

hsin

Banned
MIMIC said:
I'm well aware of how much Djoker sucks now :( He needs to get rid of his dreadful new serve. He's double faulting more than freakin Sharapova.

I haven't kept up with Djoker's matches...what new serve do you speak of?

So who do you all think will win today? Nadal or Roddick? Nadal is the favorite of course but it's not a certain win imo.

In other semi I think Söderling will beat Berdich. A final with Söderling and Nadal would be nice.

Temujin

Peru said:
Tight win for Clijsters over her belgian nemesis. Darn, have to watch the rerun of that one.
No, you don't. It was an awful match. The third set was just painful to watch.

Puppetslave said:
So who do you all think will win today? Nadal or Roddick? Nadal is the favorite of course but it's not a certain win imo.

In other semi I think Söderling will beat Berdich. A final with Söderling and Nadal would be nice.
Well I have Roddick as the winner of that match in my ATP draw challenge (anyone else doing this by the way?), but Nadal seems to be playing better here than in Indian Wells, so I expect him to win. Soderling-Nadal final would be nice indeed.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Roddick won! :D

Clijsters won! :D

Hope Roddick can also get the tournament, I want to see that dude shine again

MIMIC

Banned
Monte Carlo draw is out.

First clay Masters event. It's non-mandatory and Fed is sitting this one out. Djokovic is the top seed, followed by Nadal, Murray and Cilic.

If Nadal doesn't win this event, then 2012 will seem a lot closer.

Nadal only has bums on his side of the draw and Cilic needs to put it together.

Predictions: Djoker doesn't make the final and Muzza loses to Belluci.

ShyGuy

Unsurprisingly Federer loses in the Masters coz he just doesn't give a shit....

Lets everyone think he's "finished" before storming back for a solid solid solid French Open defence...

d+pad

ShyGuy said:

Lets everyone think he's "finished" before storming back for a solid solid solid French Open defence...

I don't think he's finished, but I don't think he's going to be "storming back for a solid solid solid French Open defence." Wimbledon should be interesting this year, though...

hsin

Banned
ShyGuy said:

I really hope he starts to "give a shit" again because it's becoming frustrating and tiresome watching him shank his shots. God, that rally where he was in control and got a short ball setup for an approaching forehand shot and shanked it wide...disgusting tennis.

Gulbis deserved the win.

MIMIC

Banned
Epic battle between Ferrer and Federer going on right now (Madrid Masters). They each hold a set and are on level terms in the 3rd

Hootie

MIMIC said:
Epic battle between Ferrer and Federer going on right now (Madrid Masters). They each hold a set and are on level terms in the 3rd

Thanks for the heads up...havent watched tennis in a couple of months

Deadman

Fed's serve was very dominant in the first set, shame he couldnt keep it up throughout the whole match. He will need that again for rafa.

Peru

FEDERER - NADAL starting up NOW, suckas.

For people who are allowed into that site (everyone but americans, right?) bet365.com streams it (they stream a lot of tennis). Sign up and you're good to go, you don't need to add any money or bet on anything.

For others: http://atdhe.net/17264/watch-atp-masters-madrid

This is going to be very interesting. Of course, Nadal has had a better clay season and should be a favourite, but who knows what Federer's actually put into his tournaments.

gumshoe

Banned
as usual, Federer gets a gazillion break points opportunities and fails to convert them with some o_O returns and shots.

Now, he is either going to play better in the second set and win it and then lose the third. Or Nadal is going win the second.

Top Bottom