• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Speevy

Banned
Now Troicki beats Cilic, not this guy's month I guess.

Federer and Soderling each play today (in separate matches). Nalbandian and Ferrer up next. I hope Nalbandian continues to do well.

Jay Sosa

Speevy said:
Now Troicki beats Cilic, not this guy's month I guess.

Federer and Soderling each play today (in separate matches). Nalbandian and Ferrer up next. I hope Nalbandian continues to do well.

Cilic has a horrible year(after a strong start), dude should win master series left and right but he seems to have watched too many Murray matches, by the time he realizes he should maybe play a little more aggressive he is already on the plane back home..

It's crazy how many crazy talented but unstable guys there are on the tour right now, Murray, Cilic, Gulbis ..

Speevy

Banned
Gulbis just took the first set against Soderling.

That's what I love about these lead-up tournaments. Your expectations are constantly being challenged.

hsin

Banned
Speevy said:
Gulbis just took the first set against Soderling.

That's what I love about these lead-up tournaments. Your expectations are constantly being challenged.

So Federer might actually beat Chela, amirite? :D

He fucking better

Love the aggressive tennis from Federer tonight. I'm not worried by his play today like in past months because his errors were due to timing and not tactical or lack of confidence.

perfectchaos007 said:
He said he would retire if he ever dropped below 15th. I think its his time to retire honestly.
He should just go home and bang his wife while she is still with him. He blew his golden chance last year at Wimbledon.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
He should just go home and bang his wife while she is still with him. He blew his golden chance last year at Wimbledon.

you think she's gonna trade up or something? You suck Roddick I'm going to bang Thomas Berdych now. We had an agreement I will only bang top 10 tennis stars.

perfectchaos007 said:
you think she's gonna trade up or something? You suck Roddick I'm going to bang Thomas Berdych now. We had an agreement I will only bang top 10 tennis stars.
I just think young marriage will fail. I don't think she'll trade up, but this give Donald Young to set his sights on.

hsin

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Love the aggressive tennis from Federer tonight. I'm not worried by his play today like in past months because his errors were due to timing and not tactical or lack of confidence.

I echo the love for Fed's aggressive play style tonight. Definitely felt like he was trying to revive his 2006 game and at least he got to work out the kinks on a non-threatening player.

But it was still a bit disenchanting to see him being pushed to a tie-break after losing an early break. I hope he can settle into a more consistent groove with his new style in time for the US Open. It's just execution now.

Speevy

Banned
Good grief, what a massacre on Robredo. I thought the match was shaping up okay, and then Nalbandian just dominated the last 9 games.

Söderling versus Nalbandian today.

Söderling needs to step up his serve and his game in general if he is going to come through. He did not look that good against Gulbis.

Or Nalbandian finally crashes after his 11(?) wins in a row.

Hope both players play at their best.

I love how all the American commentators always commentate on Nalbandian being chubby. I believe Pam Shriver calls him Telletubby. Jerk. Nalbandian is a beast. If he went skinny he probably would suck again, just look at Roddick.

Speevy

Banned
Nalbandian is kicking all sorts of ass in the US Open leadup tournaments. I want to see him take out everyone.

Federer was playing a bit sluggish at first, but I think he'll take out Llodra in the end.

hsin

Banned
I hope Federer can find his groove with his adjusted style by tomorrow against Berdy. Even if he doesn't win, I hope the reason is due to technical execution and not tactics. That way he can iron out his game in time for the USO.

perfectchaos007 said:
I love how all the American commentators always commentate on Nalbandian being chubby. I believe Pam Shriver calls him Telletubby. Jerk. Nalbandian is a beast. If he went skinny he probably would suck again, just look at Roddick.
Pam Shriver is an incompetent bitch, I have no idea how she makes 3 million from ESPN for her shitty comments. Blake even lashed out at her at Wimbledon and in LA Shuettler told her to shut up in German.

Speevy

Banned
Lu takes the first set against Kohlschreiber, Radwanska playing better this set against Sharapova, but I still think Sharapova will take this in two.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Monfils mounting a comeback?

Peru

Monfils.. to think I really rooted for this guy once. Athletic, able, but his tactics are possibly more passive than Murray himself. Can't stand his pushy backhand.

Sharapova nice and easy against A Rad compared to the three-setter in Stanford. "Should" win tourney, but the question is, like in Stanford, stamina, and whether it holds up through a final.

Speevy

Banned
That was *almost* a good match, but Nadal is just too good.

Quick predictions everyone.

Djoker/Chardy
Nalbandian/Murray
Berdych/Federer

I say Djokovic, Nalbandian, Federer. Even though Fed has had trouble with Berdych recently, I'm gonna say he takes this one.

Speevy

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Does anyone know the order of play for tomorrow? I don't have adobe acrobat reader, crappy products ruin my computer.

Murray in the day, Fed and Djoker back-to-back at night.

Top Bottom