• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2015/03/10/Del-Potro-Indian-Wells-Withdrawal.aspx Good decision.

Edit: Indian Wells women's draw is happening right now.

Projected Indian Wells Women's quarterfinals:
Serena-Makarova
Halep-Radwanska
Bouchard-Wozniacki
Ivanovic-Sharapova

Serena and Halep in the same half, Wozniacki and Sharapova in the other.

Damn, there could be a lot of decent matches here:

IW R16s:
Serena-Kerber
Safarova-Makarova
Halep-Pliskova
Suarez Navarro-Radwanska
Bouchard-Petkovic
Keys-Wozniacki
Ivanovic-Errani
Pennetta-Sharapova

I guess the men's draw is tomorrow 6 PM EST.

miserable

So Del Potro withdraws from Indian Wells. Year of DelPo gets delayed again.
Also, Halep might withdraw too, because of a death in her family.

MIMIC

Banned
(I don't know why I'm watching this, but....)

Fed broken at love by Dimitrov in the most inexplicable of ways.

EDIT: It's over already? n/m

LuuKyK

Looks like Genie's dreams finally came true.

Get ready for your next canadian couple.

B_xc8BaWIAAofxe.jpg
10985977_1596083930609732_1278347079_n.jpg
10995057_432935840192807_757323355_n.jpg
tumblr_nl0sktdVlO1qhft5ko8_r1_1280.jpg

He is shorter than her. lol

Faith

Djokovic-Isner
Cilic-Ferrer
Gulbis-Murray
Lopez-Nishikori
Raonic-Dimitrov
Simon-Nadal
Wawrinka-Berdych
Agut-Federer

Djokovic-Ferrer
Murray-Nishikori
Raonic-Nadal
Wawrinka-Federer

Djokovic-Murray
Nadal-Federer

Djokovic-Federer
This is my guess :p

Btw, potential Trocki vs. Djokovic in R3 could be interesting.

Yeah there a lot of interesting matchups on the men's side, even in the first and second rounds. Surprised Mardy is still in the draw. And Genie is over Bieber. She's moved onto NBA players now, though I'm sounding too much like an Australian broadcaster....

Looks like Genie's dreams finally came true.

Get ready for your next canadian couple.

He is shorter than her. lol
Biebs is 5'9" at the most. And he probably has some wedges in those sneakers. I would like to see him try to hit a tennis ball. That shit would be hilarious. Any video from that event?

Awful, awful stuff from Ryan. What happened to everything he was doing right in Acapulco? Why you stand ten meters behind the baseline against a brah that hasn't played in three years? Why are you pushing? What happened?

Niraj

Awful, awful stuff from Ryan. What happened to everything he was doing right in Acapulco? Why you stand ten meters behind the baseline against a brah that hasn't played in three years? Why are you pushing? What happened?

Respects Fish too much man.

LuuKyK

Borna is through to the second round.

This boy is a very good prospect indeed. First full match of his that I watched.

He certainly doesn't go for winners that much, but hes got a very decent serve and very consistent FH and BH. Good server too. The fact that he is 18 and there is still a lot of room for improvement is very promising.

Borna is through to the second round.

This boy is a very good prospect indeed. First full match of his that I watched.

He certainly doesn't go for winners that much, but hes got a very decent serve and very consistent FH and BH. Good server too. The fact that he is 18 and there is still a lot of room for improvement is very promising.
Yep. He's court craft and sense is some of the most advanced I've ever seen from anyone. He's not overpowering, but he is looking to take over points.

If Vesley loses the first set its over. Brah has only beaten Igor Sjisling after dropping the first.....

LuuKyK

Yep. He's court craft and sense is some of the most advanced I've ever seen from anyone. He's not overpowering, but he is looking to take over points.

If Vesley loses the first set its over. Brah has only beaten Igor Sjisling after dropping the first.....

XiHN4.gif

Its true though. Dude is a mental midget.

Expected for Cilic to lose to the solid but never spectacular Monaco in his first match back.. Hope he can get some momentum. Krajinovic is another head case with no fighting spirit.

Bernard acting like he never played against. 65 year old man before

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Just watched Wickmayer - Sharapova, the second set was amazing high level tennis from both, if Wickmayer her first service would have been a little better, she could have really won the set. First serve percentage was now 45%....

Funny that she is now somewhere around the 93th place on the world, but if she would alway play like that in the second set she could easily be a great top 20 player.

LuuKyK

Just watched Wickmayer - Sharapova, the second set was amazing high level tennis from both, if Wickmayer her first service would have been a little better, she could have really won the set. First serve percentage was now 45%....

Funny that she is now somewhere around the 93th place on the world, but if she would alway play like that in the second set she could easily be a great top 20 player.

It was indeed a great match, Wickmayer played very well in the second set, especially on serve. I was also surprised at how little Sharapova doublefaulted (only once) considering she had less than 50% of first serves in.

Already expectinh a very dramatic match between Maria and Vika, too bad it has to be a 3rd round match. :/

Niraj

Bacsinszky has been impressive lately. Kind of surprised she beat Makarova. Wonder if Martina coaching Radwanska is ever going to end up paying any dividends :/ Serena had a much easier time today.

Stan out like a chump. D Young had a decent win over Chardy earlier.

Top Bottom