• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

ghstwrld

damn, I went out for a drink and it's already over
laugh.gif

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Zverev is going to be overtaken by Edmund at this rate, who has been sneaking up the rankings like a ninja.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I believe in Alexander. Saw him in Irving. He needs a good coach. Love these brahs Hyeong Chung and Nishioka. Too bad Ito lost.

Alexander will at best be an Isner. Kid is just growing too much, he's not going to have the mobility.

Alexander will at best be an Isner. Kid is just growing too much, he's not going to have the mobility.
He can be a Cilic, Delpo or a smarter Janowicw. Coaches just have be the focus on his movement. He's not coached by the USTA so he has that going for him. The advancement process is going to be tough though, there will be obstacles nd plateaus for him. Haven't seen any of Kyle Edmmund though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He can be a Cilic, Delpo or a smarter Janowicw. Coaches just have be the focus on his movement. He's not coached by the USTA so he has that going for him. The advancement process is going to be tough though, there will be obstacles nd plateaus for him. Haven't seen any of Kyle Edmmund though.

Zverev is already taller then Del Porto and he is only 17, though. Maybe if he stops growing now and puts a ridiculous focus on movement, he'll be okay, but as is it will be difficult.

Kyle's a solid player. Not a slam winner, but I think he'll reach the top 30 at some point in his life. Strangely for a British player is much better on clay than other surfaces. Poor sod will have the bear Wimbledon expectations on his shoulders for the next decade, though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, and Zverev is already 6'7''. He would become the tallest Grand Slam winner in history if it ever did happen.

ghstwrld

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/4614949/title/serena-vs-the-rest-of-the-top-15

Serena is 89-7 lifetime against the rest of the current Top 15 combined.
(using the WTA Rankings from the Miami fortnight)

17-2 vs No.2 Maria Sharapova
5-1 vs No.3 Simona Halep
5-0 vs No.4 Petra Kvitova
10-1 vs No.5 Caroline Wozniacki
8-1 vs No.6 Ana Ivanovic
2-0 vs No.7 Eugenie Bouchard
8-0 vs No.8 Agnieszka Radwanska
4-1 vs No.9 Ekaterina Makarova
4-0 vs No.10 Andrea Petkovic
8-0 vs No.11 Lucie Safarova
5-0 vs No.12 Carla Suárez Navarro
7-0 vs No.13 Sara Errani
1-0 vs No.14 Karolina Pliskova
5-1 vs No.15 Angelique Kerber

welp

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe a world no. 1 could have such a terrible overhead.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Murray playing aggressive as fuck here. That's three net rushes already, and we're only just past the first point of the third game.

EDIT: Four! o_O Who is this playing and what did they do with the real Andy Murray?!

EDIT: GOD DAMN. What a break! Literally just smashing Djokovic round the court, that forehand is BOOMING.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wow, Murray playing aggressive as fuck here. That's three net rushes already, and we're only just past the first point of the third game.

EDIT: Four! o_O Who is this playing and what did they do with the real Andy Murray?!

He probably realized if he plays like he usually does, he'll get as embarrassed as he did last time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He probably realized if he plays like he usually does, he'll get as embarrassed as he did last time.

This is true, it was actually what I was worrying would happen.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i was hoping murray could reach something better today than the typical 6-4, 6-2 loss. of course the moment he starts to think he might actually win he will probably find a way to fuck it all up.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Typical Murray.

EDIT: WTA-style chokefest coming up, methinks.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well, at least Murray's being by far the more aggressive of the two. It's a good habit to play himself into.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think the sun is really bothering them when serving on the far-side. Some really dodgy second serves by both over there.

EDIT: Murray self-break in 3.. 2... 1...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is why noon is a poor time to schedule matches.

szaromir

Banned
Why is Murray such a mental midget when facing Djokovic? He was choking matches left and right to Djoker even before the injury but nowadays it's just ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray will now lose this set 6-4.

EDIT: Except once he's behind, he's actually pretty clutch. Just a god-awful frontrunner.

Murray will now lose this set 6-4.

EDIT: Except once he's behind, he's actually pretty clutch. Just a god-awful frontrunner.
Yeah he should just pretend he's always losing.

And also pretend his second serves are first serves. I genuinely think he'd have a better 2nd serve %age that way.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
well i m going to go do something productive with my day

edit: lel like I have anything productive to do

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
All Murray-Djokovic matches have followed the same pattern of Murray being the better player for the majority of 1st set (and 2nd if slams), then still finding some way to lose it, before totally collapsing for the rest of the match.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
ugh they're moonballing each other. The first half of the first set was so promising too

EDIT: Aiesh the quality is nose-diving furiously

Top Bottom