• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Speevy

Banned
Np, more specifically this is what it says.

13:00 Murray - Nalbandian (ATP Toronto)
19:00 Berdych - Federer (ATP Toronto)
20:30 Chardy - Djokovic (ATP Toronto)

So 1 EST, 7, and 8.

I'm gonna be at work for all three matches so I'm not a happy camper.

Peru

Tough win for Federer... looked comfortable first set, and then..

Cincinatti organizers probably can't believe their luck with Clijsters, Ivanovic and Sharapova in the semis!

Peru

Fuck meeee, that was probably the saddest thing I've seen all year. Gets her mojo back after ages ages ages, then injures her foot. Wow.

Speevy

Banned
So what are your predictions on Murray/Nadal and Fed/Djoko.

Conventional wisdom says it's Fed/Nadal in the final, but you never know. After what Murray did to Nalbandian yesterday it looks like it could get interesting. I've seen Djoker just quit against Federer before, but Newfed (everyone's underdog) is a question mark in every match going forward.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Peru said:
The dream final everyone's been waiting for - Federer vs Murray! ...waitaminute
No one could've beaten Fed with how he was playing then, absolutely amazing, even more so because compared to that he turned to absolute shit not much after. Wonder how this 6 week rest has done him

hsin

Banned
Federer vs Murray final!

Man, he's had two TOUGH 3 setters. Murray cruised through Nadal and looks like he's approaching god tier. Fed will have to keep together if he wants the win.

Meliorism

Most importantly, he's rightfully back at the #2 spot after beating Djokovic. I predict Murray winning in 3 tomorrow and Clijsters winning over Sharapova.

Peru

Yeah anything can happen. Federer is on an off with the greatness.. willing to place a bet on a three-setter. Murray was good against Nadal but the Monfils match was just weird and ugly.

Clijsters - Sharapova final in Cincinatti. Clijsters with a huge advantage as she only played 3 games against Ivanovic AND that semi started six hours before Marias three-setter! Plus that fatigue thing with Maria on every-day-tournaments and the ugly heat..

Amazingly the two finals aren't on at the same time. In theory.

Peru

Sharapova - Clijsters first set 6-2. Kim in major serving difficulties, Sharapova has regained her serve as a weapon. That's the difference.

Meliorism

So, has the Federer/Murray match concluded or is it still being played? I know that there were those slight rain delays and now they're showing the women's final. And I guess one of you were saying that it's not live. I can't find the score at all.

Peru

And the rain has spread to Cincinatti so the match is suspended there as well, at 6-3 5-3 40-40 Clijsters serve.

Peru

Rafa=FedKilla said:
What has the match been like so far, Peru?

Sharapova : serving well
Clijsters: serving poorly

Pretty much. Otherwisesome old-skool Clij-Shara-duels where every ball lands on the line, but then a lot of short hyper aggressive balls ending in errors.

hsin

Banned
zero_suit said:
That's right.:D Well deserved, best player by far this week.

True! He was playing incredibly well. Fed had a tough time winning the matches he did and might not even have won them if it weren't for very circumstantial events. He still needs to get his confidence and feel back. But it doesn't look like he has as much stamina compared to when he was younger. His best bet is to keep points short and get better at BP converts.

Hey guys I came up with a Jay Leno esque joke to tackle a current event:

Me: So the other day Andy Roddick blamed his recent tennis struggles on his mild case of mononucleosis. Did you hear about this?

Me: It's true. I guess Andy Roddick wanted to follow in the footsteps of Roger Federer the only way he could!

Kevin Eubanks: lol

Me: Hey Kev, what's the difference between Andy Roddicks mono and Roger Federer's mono last year?

Kevin Eubanks: IDK LOL

Me: Federer was still good enough to win championships and be #1 in the world while he had mono!

Kevin Eubanks: LOL WTF OMG!

Speevy

Banned
Hey Kev, did you hear about this? Lu retired after a medical timeout. He was confident going into the match until they told him he wasn't playing Roddick again.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Roddick actually pulled out of Toronto last week because he was scheduled to play Lu.

yep, and then he went to Austin the next day to hit with Marty Fish. I know this because my friend works at Austin Tennis Center and watched them hit. At least he has his priorities straight.

Top Bottom