• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

hsin

Banned
Murray in the form of his life. If he keeps this up, US Open could pretty well be in the bag for him.

Edit: Also, anyone else lurk or post on the Talk Tennis forums at Tennis Warehouse? It is pretty much troll territory in need of some mad QC.

hsin said:
Murray in the form of his life. If he keeps this up, US Open could pretty well be in the bag for him.

Edit: Also, anyone else lurk or post on the Talk Tennis forums at Tennis Warehouse? It is pretty much troll territory in need of some mad QC.
MTF for MIMIC and I.

Does anyone know why Isner pulled out during his match against Nalbandian today? It must have been serious because Isner was actually leading in that match when he retired

Speevy

Banned
Isner's never gonna do anything that even comes close to what he did at Wimbledon.

He should create his own tournament. 100 players, triple elimination, each match is best of 10 sets.

Speevy said:
Isner's never gonna do anything that even comes close to what he did at Wimbledon.

He should create his own tournament. 100 players, triple elimination, each match is best of 10 sets.

get past the first round in a major? I think he'll do that again.

and best of 10 sets? At least make it an odd number ;)

hsin said:

It's essentialy Gamefaqs for tennis.

Koshiro

Speevy said:
Now that someone brings up this match, is anyone else pissed at how Mahut is just entirely forgotten? Whenever there's coverage of the match it's all about Isner and 'some other guy', which is just unbelievable to me. (FYI I'm in UK so this isn't American TV bias)

Speevy

Banned
This is the day of "so close" apparently. Gulbis *almost* took out Murray, Nalbandian *almost* forced what would have certainly been a gasping for air, losing set for Djokovic.

Speevy

Banned
I hate that there are only like 7 of you who post in this topic.

Nadal just lost the first set. This is by far the least visited of the sports topics.

Speevy said:
I hate that there are only like 7 of you who post in this topic.

Nadal just lost the first set. This is by far the least visited of the sports topics.

what I will occasionally do to avoid double/tripple posts is just edit my last post. Sure it wont bump the topic, but the topic will inevitably be bumped by someone else eventually.

edit: and rafa is about to lose to benneteu unless he makes a comeback

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Speevy said:
Who does everyone predict for Rod/Sod tonight?
I dunno about Roddick's play after Wimbledon but he should win

If I had one of those HD sports channel I'd participate a lot more in the discussion. I can't really watch livescorehunters stream, can't even see the damn ball.

On a more amateur tennis note, I just reached level 3 in tennis, was stuck in 4 waaay to long. Hope I can pull through and start playing some 2 and maybe even 1 matches.

I hope Roddick wins, but my gut says soderling

Now I spoke too soon about Nadal. He did make a comeback in that second set, took it, and is winning in the third. Oh Rafa, you so good.

Absolutely disgusting to hear little kids in the crowd cheer for this.....I hope you cry yourself to sleep every night knowing you will never be as good as on and off the court as Federer, Rafa, Murray and Djokovic.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Absolutely disgusting to hear little kids in the crowd cheer for this.....I hope you cry yourself to sleep every night knowing you will never be as good as on and off the court as Federer, Rafa, Murray and Djokovic.

I think it's safe to say that a lot of those kids will win as many majors as Murray has. ZERO

edit: Roddick wins. U Mad?

Sickening no wonder Roddick's parents are in the stands, they must be so ashamed at how poorly they raised him.

Edit: I'm not mad, I'm fucking pissed.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Sickening no wonder Roddick's parents are in the stands, they must be so ashamed at how poorly they raised him.

Edit: I'm not mad, I'm fucking pissed.

Brooklyn-Decker-10.jpg

I wonder what he does to his wife in bed when he loses a match?

Speevy

Banned
Roddick kind of looks like an asshole. I mean, it doesn't help that he actually acts like one.

Nadal looks kind of like a homeless kid who's too poor to buy shorts that don't ride up his butt, so even if he argues with an umpire, all is forgiven.

Federer looks very conceited, but he is able to act classy most of the time.

Murray is a cross between an angry rugby player a spoiled, snobby kid who just put a firecracker in the toilet.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Bad news is that a far noble player, Isner is probably out of the US Open. He has ligament damage to his ankle.

yep, thats a real bummer. Querry is classy too. Had a very good win over Murray a few weeks ago.

hsin

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
They still have trolls and ethnic centered conflicts, but the forum is a lot less chaotic.

Well that's good to know. I've only been reading TT due to it being the first tennis forum I bookmarked while trying to follow last year's tour. Just endless trolling in between matches, downplaying victories...meh!

Anyway, Fed with another bye today? I am concerned about how little match practice he's going to have going into the US Open. Murray had a tough match with Gulbis but I'm glad to hear he stuck it out, as with Djoker.

Not sure what to take from Nadal's 3-setter today. His performance isn't convincing me that he'll win his first USO in 2010 but I guess we'll see when we get there.

Don't worry, Murray won't have heat issues in New York. Great win for Fish though.

edit: FFFFFUUUUU- Serena withdraws from US Open :(

she shouldn't have gone to that afterparty

d+pad

Eh, I'm glad Serena won't be at the open -- although it would have been nice to see someone (Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Clijsters, etc.) beat her.

Hopefully one of the above-mentioned ladies will win -- although I'm not so sure about Clijsters given her recent performance. (Sharapova should have beaten her in straight sets last week in Cinci, and she just lost -- after winning the first set easily -- to Zvonareva in Toronto.)

hsin

Banned
Missed the first Federer set. Was he playing well or did Davy choke? Looks like Fed's BH is still an untamed beast -- shanks are unbelievable. Serve looks amazing, though, and that's usually a great sign.

hsin said:
Missed the first Federer set. Was he playing well or did Davy choke? Looks like Fed's BH is still an untamed beast -- shanks are unbelievable. Serve looks amazing, though, and that's usually a great sign.
No, Federer was just being aggressive the entire set, pushing Davy behind the baseline and all over the court.

hsin

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
No, Federer was just being aggressive the entire set, pushing Davy behind the baseline and all over the court.

Nice. Final match stats imply that he still needs to work on converting BPs.

Surprised Murray got beat, though.

d+pad

I'm not sure what should be taken from Fed's win over Davy, though -- it's not like Davy has been playing all that well of late.

I guess we'll see how Fed's doing in the next round -- hopefully against Nadal.

Top Bottom