• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Ricker

Sharapova wins it,going to be a good final tomorrow...

So Bouchard will not be in Nurnberg...wont she lose a ton of points since she won last year over there...?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
And people say Nadal is out of form...

The only difference betweem them right now is that Federer has the seeding to avoid these losses as early.

EDIT: Welp, we all have to eat our words sometimes. :x

EDIT: Actually, no, I reinstate my words. Federer isn't playing well, Wawrinka is just bending over for him.

szaromir

Banned
And people say Nadal is out of form...

The only difference betweem them right now is that Federer has the seeding to avoid these losses as early.
The other significant difference is that Roger stands on the baseline, not 3 meters behind it, so playing him is a completely different challenge.

The other significant difference is that Roger stands on the baseline, not 3 meters behind it, so playing him is a completely different challenge.

Yeah, Roger doesn't cough up short balls as often as Nadal has recently, and he rushes his opponents by taking the ball on the rise.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Obviously, by "only difference", I meant "only difference in form", not play style.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is a terrible match. ;_; Where did Godwrinka go?

Peru

Maria has had a slower clay season start, this title would help so much going into rg, plus tie Serena for nr of clay titles.

I hope this joke called women finale will end soon, we can see some real stuff.

Get out of my thread, dude

Peru

Drop shot the new MS go-to shot for high pressure situation.

Every match this tournament something's worked and something hasn't. Serve great, return bad one day, vice versa the next. Overall level not high enough but I think she'll take this.

LuuKyK

I hope this joke called women finale will end soon, we can see some real stuff.

Grow up, man. What a stupid thing to say.

Drop shot the new MS go-to shot for high pressure situation.

Every match this tournament something's worked and something hasn't. Serve great, return bad one day, vice versa the next. Overall level not high enough but I think she'll take this.

She have to improve a lot for the FO though. Her return specially, its dreadfully bad.

Peru

I like a lot of what I see in terms of footwork and defense, working the angles, but the depth isn't good enough, and as she always says you need depth to go with the power. Also too many stupid periods.

Anyway, another clay title down and if she or Serena wins FO that will be the active player with most clay titles.

Smellycat

By the way, has anyone downloaded the FO mobile app? I think it is called "My Roland Garros" or something like that. It is absolutely useless. I am not sure if there will be another app specifically for scores, but this one assumes you are ticket holder and then asks you for your name, email and DOB. And the app itself is useless. The FO usually has horrible apps for some reason.

MIMIC

Banned
I couldn't sleep, so I decided to wait up for the match.

And I'm getting sleepy now. >_< I hope this is over by 12:30 at least

By the way, has anyone downloaded the FO mobile app? I think it is called "My Roland Garros" or something like that. It is absolutely useless. I am not sure if there will be another app specifically for scores, but this one assumes you are ticket holder and then asks you for your name, email and DOB. And the app itself is useless. The FO usually has horrible apps for some reason.

To correspond to the horrible crowds, no doubt :)

LuuKyK

The official app is called RolandGarros and hasn't been updated yet. When you try to open it it says "See you in 2015 for the next French Open". It should be updated in the next couple of days though.

MIMIC

Banned
That miss by Federer (or whatever that was) was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed
u3vEKuT.gif

Top Bottom