• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

sam777

Do you know if you need to be a bbc subscriber to be able to watch online?

Living in the U.K, you just need to go on BBC sport website and that's it all matches will be available via their online streams, no need to sign up to anything.

I guess if your living outside the UK, the VPN trick should work.

Living in the U.K, you just need to go on BBC sport website and that's it all matches will be available via their online streams, no need to sign up to anything.

I guess if your living outside the UK, the VPN trick should work.

Do the streams have commentary?

I am a weird individual that actually enjoys the inane chatter.

MIMIC

Banned
I beat my friend....rather badly the other day (like I said I would, lol). 6,1, 6-1. First time he failed to hold serve against me (and he averages about 2 aces against).

Did it help me get over last Sunday? For maybe about 5 minutes -___-

Also, Nadal seems to be playing like absolute garbage on grass.

sam777

Do the streams have commentary?

I am a weird individual that actually enjoys the inane chatter.

Nearly all will but some matches early in the tounament may not e.g. a round 1 match on court 14 or something probably won't, since there are too many matches taking place at the time.

szaromir

Banned
Troicki is playing really well. Only dropped 3 points in his first 5 service games.

edit: 3 points dropped in 6 service games, than 3 points dropped on serve in the tie-break. Damn.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
kohli put up a good fight, but federer got it done. roger was not convincing at all though. if this is what peaking at wimbledon meant he is in trouble.

dimitrov solidifying his status as the male kournikova as we speak.

szaromir

Banned
There's been a lot of talk about streaming services, does anyone know one that's going to stream Wimbledon at 60fps? 60fps makes a tremendous difference for tennis.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well at least he won that US Open, and spent some time at the top. That's already more than 99% of tennis players out there. Imagine what a Magnus Norman or a Joachim Johansson must have felt when they had to stop.

I suppose, but since he's one of my favorite players it feels bad :p

Great match to watch there between Nadal and Dolgopolov. Bit weird on Nadal's part though - he often did the hard stuff on big points then missed put away shots. That said, Dolgo should've had him in the second set tie break.

The dream is over. Nadal is out. His reign as the "King of Grass 2015" ends in disgrace. It was a decent match, actually. Nadal struggling for consistency came up against a player on fire today.

Diamond

Funny how Rafa's losses almost always generate a bazillion comments, even in less important tournaments. I'm not talking about this thread specifically : yesterday I was in the metro, going home after work. I was listening to the radio, as usual, and they talked about it in the freaking 2 minutes news flash. They were like : "so unemployment is still rising, we expect better in 2016, final exams begin tomorrow for high-school students with the philosophy test, Putin, Ecology... Oh, and Nadal lost at Queen's !".

In any case I still think it's a shame Dolgopolov can't be more consistent throughout the year. Difficult with this kind of playstyle, of course, but still... Having guys like that at the top would be good for tennis.

Funny how Rafa's losses almost always generate a bazillion comments, even in less important tournaments. I'm not talking about this thread specifically : yesterday I was in the metro, going home after work. I was listening to the radio, as usual, and they talked about it in the freaking 2 minutes news flash. They were like : "so unemployment is still rising, we expect better in 2016, final exams begin tomorrow for high-school students with the philosophy test, Putin, Ecology... Oh, and Nadal lost at Queen's !".

In any case I still think it's a shame Dolgopolov can't be more consistent throughout the year. Difficult with this kind of playstyle, of course, but still... Having guys like that at the top would be good for tennis.

I think people are still invested in this myth of Rafa being virtually unstoppable, not to mention every commentator that spews out the banal nonsense of him fighting for every point; it's meaningless surface commentary without any real observations. In a way, though, he's one of the few sportsmen, like Ali for example, who transcend their own sport.

It's interesting to see where he goes from here, as this is the first time he's not picked up where he left off after a long injury. He looks like a guy desperate to find his game again. I mean it took Murray a year or so until he started to look like a player again after his back surgery. It might only be next year that Nadal starts to be a viable threat again in slams.

Ricker

Soooo...Azarenka is out with an injury,Ivanovic lost in her first match against 145th seed Larcher de Brito,and Bouchard lost again to Mladenovic,bageled in the 3rd set...whats up with Women's tennis lol...

Go Raonic I guess... ;)

Top Bottom