• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Ricker

Bouchard is basically a better Rebecca Marino at this point.

I wouldnt be surprised if she announces the same thing this year...if she goes down in the first round at Wimbledon,she might call it quits for this year...Tennis is not the only problem I am sure...sometimes I think she plays a great set,like she played last year,and then gets bageled playing like her ''new'' coach is teaching her,just to make a point...lol

Raonic beats Gasquet....30 aces for Raonic,some over 140 m/h....damn.

Yeah a bit of a letdown after yesterday.

It's always the way, though, isn't it? You slay a giant and lose to a midget the very next day. The dude that knocked out Federer in the second (or was it third?) round of Wimbledon a few years ago played grass court tennis from the gods that day; the next? plays like a toxic, bubbling shit with a tennis racquet flailing from his diarrheatic, flaccid hands.
Yep, I'm especially bitter about that one

I've not seen Lopez in action yet. That was such a fantastic final last year; gutted to see him blow it, but nonetheless, what a match. Isner vs. Lopez should be enjoyable today.

szaromir

Banned
A bitter day for me. Back in March I bought tickets for the quarters and the semis in Halle (so today and tomorrow), but due to health problems I decided to sell them last week. My condition has improved this week to the point where travelling and staying on the stadium for the entire day would be possible. On the upside, I made €60 on those tickets.

Ah well, I'll have an excuse to travel to Basel in October :p

Ricker

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Wimbledon-2015-Bans-Use-of-Smartphones-and-Tablets-articolo24556.html

''"The crowd will be granted the possibility to bring devices such as tablets and smartphones within the Club, but they will not be allowed to use it during matches. Both for phone calls, for photos and video. The streaming through Periscope will also be banned. The stream that we will use will be targeted to give a reading of the most special moments of Wimbledon, and in no way it will overlap the official broadcasters of the tournament."

What do you guys think of this...? what year is this gif ;)

Also,another ''Riske'' match for Bouchard tomorrow ;) :p

Wimbledon qualifying starts today. The qualifying tournament doesn't even take place at Wimbledon. I presume that's because Wimbledon organizers want fresh virgin grass on day 1. Grass not tainted by dirty qualifyers from the days before

Seems logical for court quality, the baselines always get worn down quick even in the first week. Looking forward to this Wimbledon starting, with 5 Aussies in the top 100 now staying up to watch the matches is more worthwhile.

Diamond

Wimbledon qualifying starts today. The qualifying tournament doesn't even take place at Wimbledon. I presume that's because Wimbledon organizers want fresh virgin grass on day 1. Grass not tainted by dirty qualifyers from the days before

They should even organize the first rounds outside of Wimbledon. And only the final on Centre Court (partly joking).

Serenus is on the wimbledon doubles list

y4eXRl.gif

Serena also stars in the Mocumentary 7 Days in Hell that premiers in a couple of weeks on HBO. Looks absolutely hysterical.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I took a Federer avatar. Federer is going for his 18th slam. BELIEVE

Top Bottom