• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Yoshi Nishioka just hit an incredible behind the back passing shot in a challenger match against Donaldson. No one will probably ever see it, but I was watching a live stream on atpworldtour.com and it happened

Yoshi Nishioka just hit an incredible behind the back passing shot in a challenger match against Donaldson. No one will probably ever see it, but I was watching a live stream on atpworldtour.com and it happened[/QUOTE
Nishioka needs a apdamn serve. He serves like MIMIC. I hope Taifoe doesn't get a WC into Cincy. I'd gauge my eyes out watching him play.

I used to like Kyrgios but he's really becoming a tit now :(

Yeah it's the car crash you can't look away from at the moment. Young Hewitt was an asshat too but a true warrior and ambassador of the game for a long time now. Hopefully Kyrgios and/or Tomic can turn that same corner too.

Cut him so deep he couldn't continue.

Exactly. These young aussies take mental game to the next level. I saw Tomic trying to tank another match last week against Steve Johnson. Haven't seen kokkinakis' on court shenanigans yet, but apparently he gets around off the court fucking ATP players' girlfriends.

I can't believe Wawrinka actually retired afterwards.

He's pressing for the ATP to take action on twitter. I wonder if that will warrant a suspension for them?

CMRaYm0U8AASTEF.jpg

And apparently the tactic Kygios is using is called "sledging". It's a deliberate use of insults towards the opponent to throw him off his game, and Aussie cricket players use this strategy on occasion. Never heard of it until I looked it up.

Sledging is a term used in cricket to describe the practice whereby some players seek to gain an advantage by insulting or verbally intimidating the opposing player. The purpose is to try to weaken the opponent's concentration, thereby causing him to make mistakes or underperform.

sam777

CMRaYm0U8AASTEF.jpg

And apparently the tactic Kygios is using is called "sledging". It's a deliberate use of insults towards the opponent to throw him off his game, and Aussie cricket players use this strategy on
occasion. Never heard of it until I looked it up.

Sledging is a term used in cricket to describe the practice whereby some players seek to gain an advantage by insulting or verbally intimidating the opposing player. The purpose is to try to weaken the opponent's concentration, thereby causing him to make mistakes or underperform.

Sledging is used a lot in cricket but nothing this far. And this is Tennis not Cricket, I hope he gets a punishment but I doubt anything will happen.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Knowing Kokkinakis, there's a non-zero chance it's true as well.

Kyrgios truly the Donald Trump of tennis.

EDIT: Huh, apparently they did get together in 2013.

Diamond

From what I just read Wawrinka didn't heard Kyrgios during the match, he just learned about it afterwards, and had a heated face to face with Nick in the locker room.

I'm usually for being leniant with young players, but I think this kind of behaviour should not happen on a tennis court. Ok, Kyrgios apparently didn't want other people to hear, but when you're on a big court you need to be aware that everything you'll do and say will be recorded and broadcasted.

Come on, this is just called banter or mindgames in other sports. It's about time we have some character in the sport again. Kyrgios has a pretty refreshing attitude, after two decades of guys with zero personality.

sam777

Come on, this is just called banter or mindgames in other sports. It's about time we have some character in the sport again. Kyrgios has a pretty refreshing attitude, after two decades of guys with zero personality.

He may have a lot of character but there are things you just shouldn't say on the court.

LuuKyK

I literally can't stop laughing @ this mess.

Spellcheck on holiday for @bsurveillance : Headlines on right refer to Maria Sharapova as "Maria Sharpshoot"

CMR_KbdW8AARdlc.jpg

Maria Sharpshoot lmao That auto-correct.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If she could actually sharpshoot she might beat Serena.

RedAssedApe

Banned
even though its funny i hope some veterans in the locker room call him out on his on-court garbage

even funnier that his momma coming to his defense. that's a thing most mom's would probably shake their heads at and slap their kids upside the head for

Bencic beats Lisicki 6-1, 1-6, 7-6 to reach the QFs, which is the farthest she's made in one of the Premier Mandatory + Premier 5 events (basically the 9 biggest tournaments outside the Slams; don't know why they couldn't just use the ATP's title "Masters" for them).

Kerber/Halep has been a really good watch so far.

even though its funny i hope some veterans in the locker room call him out on his on-court garbage

even funnier that his momma coming to his defense. that's a thing most mom's would probably shake their heads at and slap their kids upside the head for

was the last image you posted fake?

LuuKyK

I am glad Sobbine Lisucki lost. She seems like a good person but I can't stand players that peak in a single surface and suck for the rest of the year.

Ricker

Bencic beats Lisicki 6-1, 1-6, 7-6 to reach the QFs, which is the farthest she's made in one of the Premier Mandatory + Premier 5 events (basically the 9 biggest tournaments outside the Slams; don't know why they couldn't just use the ATP's title "Masters" for them).

Kerber/Halep has been a really good watch so far.

Kerber/Halep was an incredible match,so many 20 and over rallies...

Top Bottom