• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Federer would fucking break his back make him humble. He and Rafa let him win to get false confidence. Kyrgios was yelling at someone in the crowd during the Isner match that they have no class. Ahahahahaha

lol nooooooo

That's some fine self awareness

MIMIC

Banned
CMU3XWhUcAEyKzC.jpg:large

xD

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I need to confess something: I love Kokk too.

It's the press event of the year that just keeps on giving. Now I want to wear a shirt to the Aussie Open next year that says "I love Kokk"...and I'm a straight bloke :)

Here's a bit more on that statement:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis...ey-radio-station/story-fndkzym4-1227483073975

Christos continued with some tough talk about Wawrinka, who he claims had a physical altercation with Kyrgios in the locker room after the game.

“The prick is lucky I wasn’t there or he would have been withdrawing from the next few tournaments,” Christos wrote. “He put his hands on Nick — grabbed him and said a whole bunch of abusive s***. I’ve studied law and that s*** is abuse bro. Lucky we aren’t pressing charges.” Another comment was even more offensive. News.com.au chose not to run it. Christos later removed the post.

Apparently this is the deleted post:
Friends posted messages laughing at his comment, before Christos responded:

"Hahahah f**k me who cares if the women likes a root - good on her, jump on the Kokk then on the stanimal IDC!! All I know it Nicholas Hilmy Kyrgios the king fried his ass."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/...ontroversy-20150814-giyyyf.html#ixzz3ikUuUMWU

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Stan has 2 slams, Kyrgios has rude mom and brother.

I don't condone Kyrgios' behaviour, but I am reasonably confident he will end his career with a higher slam count than Wawrinka.

I saw that earlier and was wondering who he was even talking to lol

No one, he's talking to himself and the court side mics picked up both audio soundbites. Wawrinka wasn't even aware of his asshat comments until after the match.

I don't condone Kyrgios' behaviour, but I am reasonably confident he will end his career with a higher slam count than Wawrinka.

If the kid gets his head right I'd agree with that comment. On the other hand perhaps he's a McEnroe and needs to fire himself up and have an enemy on court.

RedAssedApe

Banned
No one, he's talking to himself and the court side mics picked up both audio soundbites. Wawrinka wasn't even aware of his asshat comments until after the match.

well that's one way to motivate yourself i guess. lol

the kokk banged your gf comment seemed like he clearly wanted everyone BUT stan to hear him though. we all know stan has a vicious backhand :)

I'm not one to hate tennis players. Most of them seem to be nice people who behave well on and off the court.

But krygios is just on another level. I just can't warm to him and I love the excuses that he is young. He's 21. That's old enough. Tennis players his age were winning slams.

Scumbag with scumbag family it seems. And I never really liked his new coach Hewitt after that infamous Blake match. So scumbag coach added too. Fits in.

Come on, this is just called banter or mindgames in other sports. It's about time we have some character in the sport again. Kyrgios has a pretty refreshing attitude, after two decades of guys with zero personality.

Get a grip.

The last decade or so has served up some of the best tennis matches ever period. I rather talk about tennis than what some guy said.

I rather have guys who play great tennis and have zero personality rather than a guy behaving like a cunt always.

I'm not one to hate tennis players. Most of them seem to be nice people who behave well on and off the court.

But krygios is just on another level. I just can't warm to him and I love the excuses that he is young. He's 21. That's old enough. Tennis players his age were winning slams.

Scumbag with scumbag family it seems. And I never really liked his new coach Hewitt after that infamous Blake match. So scumbag coach added too. Fits in.

Nick Kyrgios:
Born: April 27, 1995 (age 20)

Are you using the Vietnamese age system?

Diamond

Come on, this is just called banter or mindgames in other sports. It's about time we have some character in the sport again. Kyrgios has a pretty refreshing attitude, after two decades of guys with zero personality.

We can have character without disrespect. I generally like Kyrgios, and used to defend him in this very thread, but this is too much.

szaromir

Banned
Halep got bageled by Radwanska, damn. What's with the crowd shouting "Si-mo-na" between every point?

edit: Halep took a bathroom break after 20 minutes of play. Ridiculous.

Ricker

Radwanska ready for a rave or disco after the game.

What the hell is she wearing lol...

Halep fighting back after the bagel...

MIMIC

Banned
So the ATP is thinking of banning Nick for 3 years? Damn! lol

I didn't even consider a ban, but 3 years seems like overkill.

Ricker

C'mon Ivanovic,bring Bencic back to earth...what's up with banging her racquet on the ground everytime she loses a point,its only the first points of the first set...dont like her attitude.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
C'mon Ivanovic,bring Bencic back to earth...what's up with banging her racquet on the ground eveytime she loses a point,its only the points of the first set...

Probably frustrated that she's not up a break right now :p

Well, she's fixed that I guess lol

Edit: and gave it back with some awful serving

Radwanska seemed to tire early in the second set and started hitting a ton of errors, especially on her forehand, while Halep knuckled down and found her game. Bit of an odd collapse after playing a near-perfect opening set.

At least Bencic seems to be keeping things together. Not that she has a chance in hell against Serena, but her first Premier Semi-Final would make Montreal a great week for her. I think it might even take her into the top 15 in the world.

Bencic is playing so well. Certainly a player to look forward to in the next few years.
Her era is finally dawning. Looking forward to Kei pummeling Nadal Baby Steps style.

Kgrios should be suspended throughout the U.S. Open at the least. You can't degrade and shame women like that on the tennis court.

sam777

Gulbis, what a choke should have won that match.

Also as a Nadal fan this is concerning for him now, I thought he would return to his high standard but its looking unlikely now, well for this year it is anyway.

Ricker

Errani is pissed at the crowd chanting Si Mo Na ,lol...is this a Fed Cup match ;)

Thank god for small mercy,Halep in the final.

Top Bottom