• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

ghstwrld

27H5HkP.jpg

KWEEN

1st round US Open Qualifying:
Cici Bellis(16) vs. Kimiko Date-Krumm (44)

28 year age differential

BTW: I knew that Serena/Drake thread would be a bish bloodbath lmao

LuuKyK

lol @ Serena being left in the back of the photoshoot while Nike had a jet bring Genie fresh off of her double bagel in New Haven to be in the front.

sloanethatssodisrespectful.gif

CNNq2tHWEAU2CZC.jpg

lol @ Serena being left in the back of the photoshoot while Nike had a jet bring Genie fresh off of her double bagel in New Haven to be in the front.

sloanethatssodisrespectful.gif

CNNq2tHWEAU2CZC.jpg

Um, she got a breadstick in the first set. Don't undersell her accomplishments. We know Nike doesn't

Peru

Genie is looking like the next Melanie Oudin at this point.

1st round US Open Qualifying:
Cici Bellis(16) vs. Kimiko Date-Krumm (44)

28 year age differential

Probably my favorite comeback in tennis, although Hingis is getting there. So much fun seeing her unique style back on court these past few years.

LuuKyK

Kinda funny they're using Kyrgios after the recent debacle. :p

Yeah, kinda shitty thing to do all things considered. Even having Ryan Harrison there would be less offensive.

look at all that talent and Bouchard!

Well tbh she is talented, and last year proved it, she is just going through a ver long and very shitty low-confidence slump. We will see if she recovers from it at some point.

Poor Dimitrov. The sad stare.

Wasn't so sad when he betrayed Maria with that bulgarian chick. Look whos laughing now! Lol

Does anyone here know how tennis tickets work? I can get 2 tickets to US Open, but they have 2 versions 11am and 7pm. Do 11am tickets mean that I will be kicked out before 7pm?

Does anyone here know how tennis tickets work? I can get 2 tickets to US Open, but they have 2 versions 11am and 7pm. Do 11am tickets mean that I will be kicked out before 7pm?
They are by sessions, they last as long as the session. If the matches that are for that session go on past that point then you stay. When it ends you get kicked out.

They are by sessions, they last as long as the session. If the matches that are for that session go on past that point then you stay. When it ends you get kicked out.

So if I have a choice between evening tickets on 7th (round of 16th) and morning tickets on 11th (quaterfinals) which one I should pick? :)

For some reason I always assumed that best matches are played at night anyway, so round of 16 might not be that bad...

RedAssedApe

Banned
gross outfit roger. i thought we were done with all the fluorescent after agassi lost his hair but no...they continue to use those type of colors decades later

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
yo why is azerenka whack these days? did she have injuries or just another oudin, bouchard, harrison, mimic?

nadal-federer.gif

Yeah she's had some injury troubles, mostly her foot I think. I think she pulled out of Cinci with a thigh injury, not sure how serious that is though.

MIMIC

Banned

What are you even laughing at? Or will just any drive-by post about my tennis be enough to get you going?

Wanna laugh some more? Here's me against the wall the other day.

0lR80XM.gif

I mean, just look at it xD So awful. lololololol

Can you post yourself playing so I can mimic it? I need to see what real tennis looks like.

clemenx

Banned
So if I have a choice between evening tickets on 7th (round of 16th) and morning tickets on 11th (quaterfinals) which one I should pick? :)

For some reason I always assumed that best matches are played at night anyway, so round of 16 might not be that bad...

Yeah they are by session. When I went 2 years ago. You have numbered seats for the Arthur Ashe and you can go into the other stadiums if there's space. I went to Penneta and Gasquet QF matches in the Ashe and after that I went to the Grandstand where Serena/Venus were playing doubles. I also dropped by some of the smaller courts where juniors and other doubles were playing. It was a very fun experience.

Night sessions have the "main events" so to speak but there's more action in general in th day. If you like tennis in general it may be better.

Niraj

What are you even laughing at? Or will just any drive-by post about my tennis be enough to get you going?

Can you post yourself playing so I can mimic it? I need to see what real tennis looks like.

It was unexpected to read that and I laughed, no need to be upset. How could I think that you're anything but good? We've been reading tales of your conquests for years. I don't really play tennis, so I doubt I could beat that wall as comprehensively as you did.

Yeah they are by session. When I went 2 years ago. You have numbered seats for the Arthur Ashe and you can go into the other stadiums if there's space. I went to Penneta and Gasquet QF matches in the Ashe and after that I went to the Grandstand where Serena/Venus were playing doubles. I also dropped by some of the smaller courts where juniors and other doubles were playing. It was a very fun experience.

Night sessions have the "main events" so to speak but there's more action in general in th day. If you like tennis in general it may be better.

I went with evening tickets mainly because of the weather (it's hot and humid in NY during the day). I used to follow tennis religiously, but not anymore. Round of 16 should be fun enough to watch :)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children

0lR80XM.gif

I like this idea, we should film ourselves playing, I'll try to make a video soon if I get one of those hang thingies to mount your phone against the fence

Radwanska through to the QFs in New Haven after beating Coco Vandeweghe 6-0, 6-2 & Alize Cornet 6-4, 6-2. British TV only broadcasts from the QFs onward so I'm happy.

Could be a rematch of her Wimbledon QF against Madison Keys if the American can beat Kvitova. Hope it is because their match was super close and fun to watch.

szaromir

Banned
I could swear I thought the draw ceremony is going to be held tomorrow, it totally caught me off-guard, I'm going to quickly format something and post the |OT| as soon as I can :mad:

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I could swear I thought the draw ceremony is going to be held tomorrow, it totally caught me off-guard, I'm going to quickly format something and post the |OT| as soon as I can :mad:

awww what, I thought the same thing

time to go see how laughably easy Fed's draw is again

Niraj

Possible quarters:
Stan v Murray
Fed v Berdych
Djokovic v Nadal
Nishikori v Ferrer

Seeds in Djokovic's half:
Djokovic
Seppi
Bautista-Agut
Goffin
Raonic
Lopez
Fognini
Nadal
Nishikori
Robredo
Tsonga
Monfils
Cilic
Dimitrov
Chardy
Ferrer

Fed's half:
Fed
Stan
Sock
Troicki
Simon
Anderson
Thiem
Bellucci
Murray
Berdych
Garcia-Lopez
Tomic
Gasquet
Isner
Karlovic
Kohlschreiber

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
so;

Fed has: Mayer, Baghdatis, Kohli, Isner, Berdych, Murray, Djokovic; which is actually somewhat harder than I expected but still not exactly challenging.

Murray has: Kyrgios, Mannarino, Belluci, Kanderson, Wawrinka, Federer, Djokovic; which is pretty easy early on but harder than Federer's from about R4 on.

Djokovic has: Souza, Pospisil, Seppi, Goffin, Nadal, Nishikori, Federer/Murray/Wawrinka; which judging by present form is a cakewalk up until the final.

Kei has: Paire, Stepanek, Dolgopolov/Groth/Robredo (pretty open here), Tsonga, Cilic/Dimitrov/Ferrer (also quote open), Djokovic, Federer/Murray/Wawrinka, which is... pretty horrible, actually. Easily the hardest route.

LuuKyK

Guess who is Genies new coach?

Jimmy Connors. Lol thats a weird pairing. Well she might as well try anything at this point.

Top Bottom