• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Tsonga Fededer SF on now

Federer up a break 5-3, decent stuff

edit, and Federer takes the set, Tsonga kinda mad atm

clemenx

Banned
Ok I can breathe now. Very good from Tsonga from the tiebreak and all the 3rd set. Glad he was actually beaten and didn't collapse as usual.

Yeah, I started the 3rd a bit late but glad neither of them went away, was good tennis all around, just Fed stepped it up a bit to break and hold for the match *phew

Clegg

I'm a bit surprised the Fed won to be honest.

He looked like he was barely holding on early in the 3rd set.

Anway, congrats Fed.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Those break points were crazy!

I love how much of a good sport Tsonga was when it ended. His handshake was also like "you did it Roger!!". He seemed genuinely happy as opposed to the fake smiles at ceremonies.

zero_suit

Those break points were crazy!

I love how much of a good sport Tsonga was when it ended. His handshake was also like "you did it Roger!!". He seemed genuinely happy as opposed to the fake smiles at ceremonies.

Tsonga is the man. I really wanted him to win.

MIMIC

Banned
Watching del Potro and Ferrer now.

Del Potro's forehand = DISGUSTING. He's hitting some blistering shots off of it.

MIMIC

Banned
LOL, Djokovic just blitzed Federer in an exhibition (Abu Dhabi). 6-2, 6-1. At 2-2 in the 1st set, he went on a NINE game tear.

Just 2 weeks until the Australian Open gets underway! I think the AO is my favorite major. Nothing like watching tennis at 4am, getting 3 hours of sleep, and going to work like a zombie

Peru

AO always seems to deliver some classic matches, although plenty of disappointing slams for my favorites as well. Not sure how I'll be able to watch any live this year, though.

I noticed Alex Bogomolov. Jr. switched back to being a Russian this year after playing under the USA for many years. Seems like defecting from the USA is the cool thing to do.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Seeing as how AO opened up the matches on their site, is there are chance they might be streaming live worldwide as well? If they post the matches a day after the even it'd be nice too since they happen at night for me :)

Too bad about about Federer, hope it's not serious enough to miss the first GS

MIMIC

Banned
The Australian Open thread....is mine! ^_^

Draw comes out tomorrow (the 13th) so it might be here this afternoon since it'll already be the 13th in Australia. Here's a preview:

Top Half: Troicki, Djokovic, Federer
Bottom Half: Nadal, Spaniards, more Spaniards, Murray

MIMIC

Banned
Davis Cup action going on right now with Swizterland and the USA playing.

Isner is up 2 sets to 1 against Fed....ON CLAY......IN SWITZERLAND! lol

Top Bottom