• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

clemenx

Banned
FEDERER IS DONE, WORST DAY OF MY LIFE.*

*I didn't see the match but the tweets are hilarious, seems like Isner was serving insane.

Tuned if for the last 4 games, Isner broke Fed twice easily, is this for real? What happened? Couldn't tell much about Fed's form, he just got blasted off the court in 2-3 strokes by Isner. Fed couldn't find his first serve but some of Isner's returns were ridiculous.

clemenx

Banned
lol calm down. Davis cup is such a useless tournament. I don't know why players even bother to show up. Oh wait, they have to qualify for the olympics.

Federer looked like he didn't give a crap. haha

I'm calmed down, I added a disclaimer to my post, haha. This has been an hilarious match to follow on twitter. It's ashame that davis cup doesn't get TV outside of the countries that are playing. I like it.

MIMIC

Banned
3rd time's charm!

Pushed Djoker to 5 sets on clay in DC last year
Pushed Rafa to 5 sets on clay at RG last year.

And he finally gets the win against Fed! Well done, John!

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Went to rotterdam yesterday and today. Saw a lot of players (including Federer for the first time!), tournament was really fun! Del Potro and Berdych are crazy to watch in play. I was mostly checking out one handed backhands of the pros, Gasquet's really takes the cake for me. Also tested my service at the machine and got 189km/h at most. I tried maybe over 30 services to break the 190 barrier but could never do it :p

MIMIC

Banned
Djokovic has created quite a row after he asked the Dubai tournament officials to give his younger brother Marko Djokovic a wild card into the tournament....and they obliged.

Anyway, he's on right now on the Tennis Channel playing Andrey Golubev. Marko has never won an ATP match, I don't think (he's ranked 800-something). He's gonna have his hands full today

Jay Sosa

Djokovic has created quite a row after he asked the Dubai tournament officials to give his younger brother Marko Djokovic a wild card into the tournament....and they obliged.

They probably would've given it to some obscure local player that goes on to get double bagled in 20 minutes anyway, so it's not that much of a deal imho.

MIMIC

Banned
This is more entertaining anyway. I can watch Djokovic while Djokovic watches Djokovic =p

EDIT: Oh wow....Novak is actually there (with mom and dad).

Jay Sosa

Murray has to be be the most infuriating player to watch. It's like he purposely tries to win win at least effort as humanly possible. He would do all of us a favor if he'd just quit.

leadbelly

Banned
Murray has to be be the most infuriating player to watch. It's like he purposely tries to win win at least effort as humanly possible. He would do all of us a favor if he'd just quit.

lol

He is. I know exactly what you mean. He's a good player, but he just doesn't have the aggressiveness in his play to be one of the best. He goes through these periods where he just seems tired and jaded and has no fight left in him.

Saying that though, Tim Henman was just as infuriating to watch.

Jay Sosa

He actually managed to lose the second set... smh

Saying that though, Tim Henman was just as infuriating to watch.

Henman was ok but nothing special I dare say he made the most of his potential, but Murray geez...what a waste.

Wes

venison crêpe
Murray!

You just need to do that in the big matches Andy. Hopefully by getting a few more wins against them on the tour he'll be more comfortable in the slams.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Really hope del Potro can keep this level up for the year. Guy's a blast to watch in play and deserves to be up there

clemenx

Banned
I no longer like Nalbaldian.*

*This will change if he can pull this match off.

But seriously, hideous DF to ruin a great match for him.

clemenx

Banned
I like Isner :( He does move a bit sloooooow, it's so weird.

Nole nowhere close to 2011 level. Good match thus far, let's see if an American can revive this thread, heh. If not, Fedal comes after (yawn)

MIMIC

Banned
Djoker :(

Credit to John, though. He outplayed Djoker for pretty much the whole match. Also, this victory means that John will move into the top 10 for the first time in his career.

Smellycat

This match will tell us how much Roger wants that number 1 ranking!! With a win here and the final, he will be very close to the number 2 ranking, and if he has a great clay court season, he might go into RG as the number 2 player.

But he has a tough task ahead of him in this SF.

Also, that was a great match from Isner and Djokovic.

Jay Sosa

Credit to John, though. He outplayed Djoker for pretty much the whole match. Also, this victory means that John will move into the top 10 for the first time in his career.

Ha! And people call me crazy when I say Isner and especially Raonic have a lot of potential and aren't just big servers that can't hit a groundstroke to save their life (like Rusedski or the probably worst Top 50 player of all time, Ivo Karlovic).

MIMIC

Banned
Players warming up.

Coverage on....wait for it....ESPN Classic & ESPN3. I don't have Classic so I have to settle for the stream :-/

clemenx

Banned
I'm actually surprised that Federer held his serve after wasting 2 break points. Nice to see he isn't bending over as usual.

Top Bottom