• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

szaromir

Banned
Why wasn't the other semi right away? Not very smart to put it against the CL final.

During weekdays tickets are sold for morning/afternoon/evening sessions, on weekends tickets are sold for individual matches. This way someone who bought a ticket only for the Fednole match doesn't need to wait for 3 hours outside the stadium, but knows the exact time.

AngryMoth

Me and some friends are thinking about camping out for Wimbledon tickets this year. I remember seeing the queue on tv last year and it looked like the people were having good fun plus the tickets are cheap. Contrary to my memory it says on the website that tickets for the last 4 days are only available in advance, so we figured we'd go for centre court on men's quarter final day, which actually is probably the best day to go; 3-4 matches(?), almost certainly see 2 of the top 4 and a good chance of seeing Andy Murray. So, anyone have any experience doing this? How early should we plan to arrive to be guaranteed tickets?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Fed's sliding and ability to recover against heavy shots from slices is really admirable

Me and some friends are thinking about camping out for Wimbledon tickets this year. I remember seeing the queue on tv last year and it looked like the people were having good fun plus the tickets are cheap. Contrary to my memory it says on the website that tickets for the last 4 days are only available in advance, so we figured we'd go for centre court on men's quarter final day, which actually is probably the best day to go; 3-4 matches(?), almost certainly see 2 of the top 4 and a good chance of seeing Andy Murray. So, anyone have any experience doing this? How early should we plan to arrive to be guaranteed tickets?
My and by buddy are doing this next year probably. We'll probably go all out on spending but you definitely have to give up time as well. But if you really don't mind to spend I'm guessing you can get them via ebay from people that do camp out? Although from what you say I guess you consider the camping part of the experience :)

clemenx

Banned
Good strategic tank for Roger. Now Nole beats Nadal and he gets to keep #2 in the rankings :p

Not much to say here, Roger wasn't good and Nole being solid as fuck.

szaromir

Banned
Gutted with the result. Hopefully with much faster conditions at Roland Garros, Djokovic won't be able to abuse Fed's shaky backhand to such extent if they meet.

Peru

Hilarious women's final as rain poured down for much of the match and conditions steadily worsened. Great high-quality start before jittery nerves followed the wet italian mud forming, as Li threw away a lead and then Maria threw away a lead. By this point it was raining cats and dogs and they had a short break at 5-5 30-30 in the third. At 4-6 6-4 6-6 they had to pull out the covers and take a break again as the weather was too severe.

Immediately after they returned to court the rain started again worse than before and the tie-break was played in a pool. After Maria won the tie-break and defended her 2011 title both players could only laugh at the handshake!

610x.jpg

Clay summary: 2 titles to Serena, 2 to Maria, who has to pray she doesn't have to meet Silliams at Roland Garros.

Unfortunately I doubt the men's final will go ahead tonight.

MIMIC

Banned
Time to regroup, Novak.

Never seen Novak so completely lacking in confidence after such a spiriting win in the SF. Nadal was just...Nadal, who wasn't even playing that well either; he wasn't serving particularly well and he had more UEs than winners.

I expect Novak to play much better come RG. He still has a decent shot.

Jay Sosa

Unless someone else feels like it I'll probably do the Roland Garros thread.

Hope so..that one time you was banned (or not around for some other reason) we probably had the worst OT for a tennis major ever.

I just hope we're not getting another Nadal-Djoker final. I'm really getting tired of watching these guys play each other. All those Federer Nadal finals were much more fun to watch.

Jay Sosa

Yes, but they were too predictable.

Nothing wrong with that ;)

I mean, I of course welcome the competition it's just that compared to Federer both Nadal and Djokovic play so pedestrian tennis, not even gonna mention the Del Boretro and Murray (lol). The only dudes that are fun to watch right now beside Fedex are Tsonga (Tennis is nothing special but the dude is just awesome) and Dolgopolov.

Enjoying womens tennis much more these days, especially with Radwanska finally living up to (my) expectations.

Top Bottom