• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Jay Sosa

Radwanska is great but I like Kvitova the most. Shame she can't find her form this year.

Yeah that's what I honestly don't get sometimes in womens tennis..she totally dominated last year and now can't catch a break. It's not that she was lucky or anything..

There are so many women playing great tennis and then suddenly completely vanish in obscurity.

Oh well, year isn't even halfway over, maybe she'll play better in RG and Wimbledon.

Peru

Yeah, I misread your post a little. A slightly longer grass season with really fast grass courts would be nice. At least we get the olympics this year.

NZer

Yeah I wish the grass season were a couple of weeks longer, with a Masters level (or ATP 1000, or whatever they call them now) tournament - maybe Queens, maybe the old Hamburg could have been converted, I dunno. But it would be nice.

szaromir

Banned
So, Nadal just lost to Kohlchreiber 3-6 4-6 at Halle.

Nadal looked like he didn't care. Or maybe he did, but his ROS was shit - he sent back all those 2nd serves into middle of the court, Kohlschreiber always had the initiative.

Now Raonic vs Fed, their last match was very close so I think both will want to win it very much.

clemenx

Banned
It'd be cool if Raonic finally stops losing early on Slams. I hope he's on Nadal's half on Wimbledon :p

Lolol Dimitrov crying as he reaches his 1st ATP semis. He trully is Fed-lite :D

Smellycat

Federer wins again after losing the 1st Set against Raonic.

6-7 6-4 7-6

Phew!! Another 3rd set tie break win against Raonic. This is the type of match that Federer was consistently losing in 2010 and last year. He seems to have reversed that trend ever since the US Open.

Raonic has been so close to defeating Federer in 2 of the 3 matches they have played this year. He says that he knows that he can win. But there is a difference between knowing and executing.

Edit: Haas defeated Berdych!!!!

szaromir

Banned
It wouldn't be 2011-12 Roger without his infamous brainfarts. Congrats to Tommy nonetheless, his biggest win after comeback yet.

untitled-2lvgad.gif

Disqualified from Queens finals, line judges shin was cut. Cilic won.

Clegg

I don't think it matters

If he meant to hit the barrier then he's just taking out his frustration. You see players doing this sometimes when they smash their rackets.

If he meant to hurt the umpire they ban the prick.

I'm 99% sure he meant to hit the barrier though.

It was an accident. Move on.

Jay Sosa

Did he mean to hit the umpire or the barrier in front of him?

The barrier..

He was just frustrated and being the moron that he is he ended up injuring that poor old guy.

But still I'd like to see him get banned for this years Wimbledon at least. Even if it was unintentional.

If he meant to hit the barrier then he's just taking out his frustration. You see players doing this sometimes when they smash their rackets.

If he meant to hurt the umpire they ban the prick.

well like demonnite already said: I don't think it matters

Bo-Locks

He obviously didn't mean to kick the line judge, but that's not the point. It is irrelevent whether he intended to kick the hoarding or the judge himself, he injured the official and the rules are clear.

If a player smashed their racket and it bounced up and injured an official (or a spectator) then the same procedure would apply.

Nolan.

It was incredibly stupid and I don't understand why he would apply so much force to something so close to another person, idiotic. I can try to sympathise with him but he really didn't make it easy for himself, so frustrating. Anyway congrats to Cilic, oh Nalbandian, you were up a set already, really didn't need to be so angry.

Lancehead

I don't believe he meant to hit the line judge. His mind in frustrated and flustered state probably didn't process the fact that hitting that board would injure the person behind it. In any case players are supposed to keep cool even in most challenging circumstances. That's part of the sport itself.

Edit: But jeez, he's not helping his position with comments like this: "There are a lot of rules, the rule book is very big. The ATP have made mistakes with the players and nothing happens."

Ash_69

Nalbandian you fucking imbecile. He just cost me £100.

Beside that, what a fucking cock, so reckless. What did he think was going to happen when you're kicking something that close to the line judge.

DemonNite

I don't believe he meant to hit the line judge. His mind in frustrated and flustered state probably didn't process the fact that hitting that board would injure the person behind it. In any case players are supposed to keep cool even in most challenging circumstances. That's part of the sport itself.

Edit: But jeez, he's not helping his position with comments like this: "There are a lot of rules, the rule book is very big. The ATP have made mistakes with the players and nothing happens."

he didn't even apologize to the crowd.

Remember Tim Henman? he got DQ for hitting a ball out of anger which hit a girl it he head. He also apologized in public after the incident.

Top Bottom