• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Jay Sosa

he didn't even apologize to the crowd.

Remember Tim Henman? he got DQ for hitting a ball out of anger which hit a girl it he head. He also apologized in public after the incident.

And brought the little girl some flowers.

henman.jpg

Peru

Unbelievable stupidity. Wow. Funny thing is earlier today I watched some old McEnroe match clips and wondered "when was the last time a pro got defaulted?"

clemenx

Banned
Eh, that wasn't worse than "imma shove this ball down your throat"

Oh well, I agree with the DQ but all the calls for bans and whatnot are silly imo.

Peru

It's less "evil" than stupid beyond belief. He deserves the hate for being so dumb. All his talk afterwards of ATP's rules doesn't help his case. Serena should've been defaulted as well, of course.

If you injure an official by willfully destructive means you deserve bans for more than one match - bottom line.

MIMIC

Banned
LOL, the police are involved now.

I think that's a bit much. Yes he should have been disqualified, yes his prize money and ranking points should be taken away, yes he should be fined....but to involve the police? There was nothing criminal about what happened.

I think that's a bit much. Yes he should have been disqualified, yes his prize money and ranking points should be taken away, yes he should be fined....but to involve the police? There was nothing criminal about what happened.

It's Britain brah, they have trials about racism on soccer pitches and such brah. You even have to have a license to watch tv.

jett

D-Member

That's assault, maybe that should teach that crazy fuck.

He should counter by suing the tournament committee for putting breakaway boards surrounding the linesman. He kicked the board, it broke off and injured the guy. Negligence all around

How could you kick a flimsy cardboard-looking barrier and not see a guy sitting directly behind it?

During the brief lapse of judgement, he could have thought they were more sturdy than they appeared? I don't know his intentions, but I do know judgement is flawed in a brief moment of rage.

Melanie Oudin won Birmingham last week beating Jankovic in the finals. Remember that girl? She made it to the US Open quarter finals a couple years ago, then fell outside the 200's in the rankings. In fact, she won the tournament being ranked #208, but rose nearly 80 spots after winning Birmingham.

Also, Dustin Brown is only 1 win away from qualifying from Wimbledon. He has a very eccentric game, and I bet he would have way more fans if he still played for Jamaica.

szaromir

Banned
Melanie Oudin won Birmingham last week beating Jankovic in the finals. Remember that girl? She made it to the US Open quarter finals a couple years ago, then fell outside the 200's in the rankings. In fact, she won the tournament being ranked #208, but rose nearly 80 spots after winning Birmingham.
I've got a better story from you - Francesca Schiavone came back from 0:6 deficit in the final set tiebreak against Irina Begu in 's-Hertogenbosch round 2 and went on to win it 10:8.

Smellycat

Anyone know when Roger is playing his next tournament?

DAMN

Also, I met Bjorn Borg a few days ago, guy is cool as hell, he also gave me some tips on my backhand

He is playing in the Olympics, then depending on whether he does well in it or not, he might play Montreal. (I think he can skip 1 or 2 masters without any penalties) Then Cincinnati comes next and the US Open is after that.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
He is playing in the Olympics, then depending on whether he does well in it or not, he might play Montreal. (I think he can skip 1 or 2 masters without any penalties) Then Cincinnati comes next and the US Open is after that.
Oh right, totally forgot about Olympics for a sec there. Wimbledon part deux!

Thanks for the others as well

clemenx

Banned
It feels awesome having another grass event before the Hard Court season. They should upgrade Newport to ATP 500 or something.

“WADA President John Fahey has called on athletes who are doping to withdraw from their national teams and stay away from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

“I say this in the clearest way possible: if you are a doping athlete and you are planning to compete in London then you must withdraw from your Olympic team,” said Mr. Fahey.

I don't believe a nanosecond he is hurt (other than his pride maybe). Watch him come back running like a rabbit and serving 135 MPH bombs in Flushing (whereas he served 117-120 pre-US Open 2010). ATP drug testing is a joke.

Top Bottom