• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

szaromir

Banned
Especially when Djoker had two set points. Poor play from Novak to lose his last set point, then a brilliant point from Dimitrov to set up his first SP, which he luckily converted.

Watching this match, you have to admire Djokovic's athleticism, probably the greatest athlete ever in the history of the sport.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It looked like he hit himself in the face with his racquet, that's what I was talking about

Hopefully Djoker isn't hurt, that would be a lame way to finish the match

szaromir

Banned
I feel sorry for Djokovic, but given the extremely physical nature of his game an injury at some point in time is not entirely surprising, same as Nadal. Actually, I think their joints hold up extremely well considering the strains they put them under. My knees are much more fragile than Rafa's. :(

Certinty

Just feel like Dimitrov has to finish this in straights.

We've seen enough of his fitness to know it's not up to the standards of the top guys. Even against an injured Djokovic now I'm still concerned.

Not even a fan, but come on!

Niraj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABCNyhV-Wsk
One of women's GOATs did that earlier this year actually :)

Hopefully Dimitrov can get his greatest win in the career. A week of break would do good for Djoker, too.

lol hadn't seen that. This one looked more painful though!

Dimitrov really needs to work on improving his service game. Just doesn't seem like he can ever rely on it, whether it's nerves or what. And now he's cramping up :/

szaromir

Banned
Dimitrov made a very poor tactical decision at 6-5* getting involved in those long rallies rather than just bashing the ball, in or out. One way or the other he would have 2 or more minutes to recover for the tiebreak.

This is interesting.

szaromir

Banned
Grigor has no brain. He shouldn't even bother trying to break Djoker, especially since Novak has no intention of playing quick points on his serve.

Niraj

Grigor has no brain. He shouldn't even bother trying to break Djoker, especially since Novak has no intention of playing quick points on his serve.

Yeah, he's just wasting his energy. If it happens, it happens, but he shouldn't go out of his way to force the issue.

Top Bottom