• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Dimitrov beat Djokovic? Damnnn, gotta check those highlights when they come up. First Nadal's almost loss and now he actually beats Djokovic.

I really wanna see this guy go up against Federer now, no matches between the two yet

IISANDERII

It feels like Hantuchova has been on the tour forever, but she still looks young and attractive.

1Daniela-Hantuchova-2.jpg
Hell yes
dated within the last year

Peru

Madrid is not a nice tennis arena. The metal barriers separating vip seats makes it look cold and industrial. The crowd doesn't help of course. An unpleasant feeling, not a place for tennis.

Reyne

Anyone know offhand when Stan and Dimitrov play?

Verdasco and Tsonga are just starting, and up after them is Ferrer/Haas and then finally after them Stan/Dimitrov. So uh, I would guess no sooner than three/four hours from now... assuming there's no defaults...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
There are 2 ATP matches that have to be played before their match. So, it could be anywhere from 2.5 hours to 5 hours.

Verdasco and Tsonga are just starting, and up after them is Ferrer/Haas and then finally after them Stan/Dimitrov. So uh, I would guess no sooner than three/four hours from now... assuming there's no defaults...

Gotcha, thanks. I'll just keep an eye on things.

Niraj

Wawrinka to win is straight sets. I'm calling it now.

Wouldn't be surprised man. That's how it usually goes.

Edit: Nishikori with an early break on Federer.

Edit2: and Nishikori wins the first set. His first against Federer.

szaromir

Banned
Tsonga with an early break in the third. He has a perfect draw to reach the final, hopefully he won't waste it!
Wouldn't be surprised man. That's how it usually goes.
But I'm not saying that because Dimitrov is just after a huge upset, but because Wawrinka has been on fire. I don't see Grigor dismantling Stan.

Niraj

Tsonga with an early break in the third. He has a perfect draw to reach the final, hopefully he won't waste it!

But I'm not saying that because Dimitrov is just after a huge upset, but because Wawrinka has been on fire. I don't see Grigor dismantling Stan.

Yeah a very fair point. I was very impressed that he beat Ferrer for a clay title over the weekend. I'd love it if he could break through here or even at a slam. He's been beasting this year.

Edit: Fed up 5-1 in the second. Yeesh.

Niraj

Wow...stopped watching when Fed won the second set. Wtf happened? Fed's really leaking points this year

qindarka

Banned
Yeesh, Federer really had not been having a good year.

People have said this prematurely since 2008 but I fear this could be the start of his terminal decline. 32 is very old in tennis, after all.

Niraj

That's a terrible loss. It clearly seems like Federer's plan to play less this year isn't doing him any favors.

-PXG-

I'm not sure if I should ask this here but I wanna get back into playing tennis again. I might get my girl involved too. I have two custom stringed Prince rackets, but they're old. About 6 years, great condition and still in my bag. I took good care of them. Should I invest in new ones? What do you recommend?

I used to take lessons and play at a local club years ago.

I'm not sure if I should ask this here but I wanna get back into playing tennis again. I might get my girl involved too. I have two custom stringed Prince rackets, but they're old. About 6 years, great condition and still in my bag. I took good care of them. Should I invest in new ones? What do you recommend?

I used to take lessons and play at a local club years ago.

Your rackets should be fine. The strings may break sooner that's about it. The rackets I play with are about 5 years old as well, but they're still in decent shape.

Top Bottom