• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

zero_suit

Not like the drubbing in the first set. But still good. Somewhat embarrassing that the 2nd ranked player in the world can't do much against the 1st when lower ranked players give Serena a tougher battle.

Serena doesn't try as hard against lower ranked players, so she's more vulnerable against them. She never wants to lose to Sharapova again, and it shows in their matches these past 9 years.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Did Madrid get ball boys and ball girls in a Abercrombie & Fitch store or something? Damn...

I'm pretty sure the tournament director actually uses models instead of ball kids. Mild controversy about it for a couple years.

szaromir

Banned
This is hilarious. Gasquet has hit multiple successful dropshots in the last few games, some from 2 meters behind the baseline.

MIMIC

Banned
Holy shit. Murray is possibly out of the French Open

]Mike Dickson ‏@Mike_Dickson_DM 26m
Andy Murray says its 'unlikely' he will play french open due to lower back problems.

Mike Dickson ‏@Mike_Dickson_DM 16m
Downbeat press conference with Andy Murray, he'll give it 4-5 days and then take a view on whether he's ready for 'most physical' Slam.

Horrible news. But if he does feel discomfort, hopefully he rests properly up so as to not aggravate it.

Niraj

Holy shit. Murray is possibly out of the French Open

Horrible news. But if he does feel discomfort, hopefully he rests properly up so as to not aggravate it.

That's crazy. I guess that would mean Nadal would be bumped up to 4 and would have to face either Fed or Djokovic in the semis, as opposed to possibly the quarters.

IISANDERII

Man, Troicki's meltdown against Gulbis was amazing. A must watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=165r4mM9edc
Not so bad. Like an average Safin match
LOL.gif

szaromir

Banned
Paire has just taken the first set off del Potro. I really like his game, quite an unorthodox player. I don't think he's a slam champ material, but very entertaining nonetheless.

Saty

Gulbis 6-1, first set.

Clay + stream = unwatchable. Can't follow the flight of the ball. If they can't dye the clay and it keep it playing the same why don't they just use blue balls?

Gulbis 6-1, first set.

Clay + stream = unwatchable. Can't follow the flight of the ball. If they can't dye the clay and it keep it playing the same why don't they just use blue balls?

What stream are you watching? The ESPN stream is pretty good quality. No issues following the ball here.

Gulbis 6-1, first set.

Blue Clay was the single greatest tennis innovation since the tiebreak. But cunts like Mowgli complained enough to put an end to it. Gun is is taking it on him right now.

Niraj

Paire has just taken the first set off del Potro. I really like his game, quite an unorthodox player. I don't think he's a slam champ material, but very entertaining nonetheless.

Wow, surprised he won in straights.

Blue Clay was the single greatest tennis innovation since the tiebreak. But cunts like Mowgli complained enough to put an end to it. Gun is is taking it on him right now.

#teamblueclay

BLACKLAC

Serena remembered the 3 setter Cibulkova gave her in Miami and decided to show her the good stuff, 6-0 6-1(and that's a lucky 1).

Pure domination.

LuuKyK

I still cant believe Gulbis didnt win that match. -__________- I cant say Im a fan of Nadull. And watch Gasquet turn this match around. Janowicz is a UE machine from the matches Ive seen and he had a chance to win. lol

Also lol @ Slowane Stephens getting exposed by Sharapova and Cibulkova getting that revenge form Serena. Ouch. Shitra Kvitova getting breadsticked by Stosur. :facepalm

Niraj

Federer has lost his focus a bit, he was doing a great demolition job. Hopefully he'll school Janowicz tomorrow as well.

Yeah standard concentration lapse from him. Really good match from him overall though. A drop shot practice session more than a match :p

I didn't realize that Nadal and Djokovic are set to face each other in the semis. Good for Fed at least lol

szaromir

Banned
Yeah standard concentration lapse from him. Really good match from him overall though. A drop shot practice session more than a match :p

I didn't realize that Nadal and Djokovic are set to face each other in the semis. Good for Fed at least lol
It can be Madrid 2009 all over again, with Djoker/Rafa fighting to death in semis and Roger taking the low hanging fruit on the following day. :p

Top Bottom