• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Saty

aimbot.gif

Aga is having even a worse clay season than last year so far. I blame the new hair dye. She better redeem herself in the FO and reach the late stages. She needs the points. And she isn't playing Brussels this week which she won last year.

szaromir

Banned
Aga is having even a worse clay season than last year so far. I blame the new hair dye. She better redeem herself in the FO and reach the late stages. She needs the points. And she isn't playing Brussels this week which she won last year.
She deserves the drop in rankings since she's been playing awful tennis recently. If she improves the rankings will reflect that.

IISANDERII

^^ awesome shot by Aga.

Serena vs. Vika. Wasn't as lopsided as i had been led to believe, many games went deuce.

Serena busting out the Italian at trophy ceremony was an awesome surprise. Well done.

^^ awesome shot by Aga.

Serena vs. Vika. Wasn't as lopsided as i had been led to believe, many games went deuce.

Serena busting out the Italian at trophy ceremony was an awesome surprise. Well done.

If she wins the French Open, she will probably bust out her French as well

"My aim is to win a match at Roland Garros this year,” Serena recently joked. “All in good time.” She then added, “I love the French Open. I love clay. I love sliding.” And I love speaking French, she might have included. The owner of an apartment just off the Champ de Mars, in Paris, Serena Williams has been learning the language of Yannick Noah, one of her favourite players, for several years now. Her dream is to speak French in the prize giving ceremony if she ever lifts the trophy again. “Oh yes, I’d really like that,” she admits. “Winning Roland Garros again and talking to the spectators on Centre Court in French...” But is it a dream or a premonition?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Sure.

Can't believe that after all these years, they've only met in 1 final.

That is kind of weird. A lot of their matches have been as good as finals though. French '11 and USO '11 especially. The finals at those majors were huge letdowns in comparison.

MIMIC

Banned
So who's gonna make the French Open thread? The draw comes out tomorrow at 11:30 am local time (5 am EDT).

I'd make it but I'm busy with school and it wouldn't be as infographic as I usually make them :)

Globox_82

Banned
rafa in novaks half.

Novak could play Dimitrov in rd3, plays goffin in round 1. Rafa get Brands in rd1, Roger qualifier. more about the draw when available.

EDIT: Novak could play Goffin rd1, Dodig rd2, Dimitrov rd3, Kohlschreiber rd4, Isner/tipsarevic QF, Rafa SF, Roger F.

Rafa could play Brands rd 1, Klizan rd 2, Fognini rd3, Nishikori/Paire rd 4, Janowitz-Wavrinka-Gasque QF, Nole SF, Roger F.

Roger could play...who cares he got cupcake draw.

My eye is on Gulbis. In rnd 2 he could play Berdych. and if he gets through that match he could make a run to qf where Ferrer will wait. My dark horse. I think he was unlucky to meet Rafa twice, and he played huge tennis so far.

http://www.tennisworlditalia.com/RO...Djokovic-Federer-fortunato-articolo14033.html

edit
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/draws/ms/msdraw.pdf

Smellycat

Federer's draw is fantastic!!! Hopefully he will make the most out of it and at least make it to the SF. The biggest obstacles in his path at Tsonga in QF, Ferrer/Gulbis in SF.

MiKeD

Banned
Hmm, Goffin against Djoko in the first round, damnit.
Looks like a little bet is in order for my countryman to provide the huge upset.

Reyne

this will be federers best chance at RG since 2009. which doesn't say much though. i'd put it at about 0.01%

Its not so low, I don't think. If he have to face Nadal again, sure enough. But Federer match up well against Djokovic, who match well against Nadal and might well take him out. Against Djokovic its a toss up at this point, I think. And Federer is a favorite against anyone else he has to face, particularly in a slam.

As much as I love Fed, I wouldn't mind if Djokovic beats Nadal in the semi and then Fed in the final to get his career GS.

(still cheer Fed of course =P)

Edit: COMMUNITY OH GOD WHY WHYYYYY

It wouldn't faze Nadal with the cocktails he's on. Do you remember his Australian Open semi against Verdasco in 2009, which he followed with a five set win in the final?

MIMIC

Banned
Can't be too upset about Novak's draw. Who ever is gonna win the title is either gonna have to BE Nadal or go through him, so whether it's the semis or the final....it's really irrelevant. Plus, Djokovic seems to do better when the draws are a bit tougher.

Nadal can play Rosol in the 3rd round? LOL. The tennis gods (draw fixers) REALLY want to see them play again. They were close to each other in the Rome draw, too.

Fed's draw? Cake walk.

Does the general discussion thread being moved here mean we don't make slam threads anymore? ;_;

Does the general discussion thread being moved here mean we don't make slam threads anymore? ;_;

no that's the opposite if what the ore of evil wants. big tournament / final games and so on get their own topic in the offtopic while ongoing season talk is community.

Niraj

Fedgod double bageled somebody for only the second time in his career today. Kind of surprising that it's happened so few times considering how much he's played. Really hope he can take Halle this weekend (he needs something :p)

Fedgod double bageled somebody for only the second time in his career today. Kind of surprising that it's happened so few times considering how much he's played. Really hope he can take Halle this weekend (he needs something :p)

really hard to do in mens tennis since serving is such a huge advantage and most of the time it's not really worth it. if he's playing that bad just let him have a game and end it with my serve.

Niraj

really hard to do in mens tennis since serving is such a huge advantage and most of the time it's not really worth it. if he's playing that bad just let him have a game and end it with my serve.

Yeah I can understand that thinking and agree, just thought it was surprising based on the number of matches he's played that it hasn't happened more than twice.

Top Bottom