• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Went to sleep after Radwanska took the first set, thinking the rest should be academic. Damn it Aga.

Yeah I watched most of the match. The pocket rocket was on her game. Radwanska had her chances though. Hopefully she's not having mental hangover from being dropped by the Orthodox church.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Dammit. Wonder if he'll be in Cinci. Would be a shame not to see him this year. Was fun watching him whoop Fish last year :D

The score on the ESPN3 feed keeps freezing -_-, come on guys, can't be that hard to not fuck that up.

Edit: Hey, I can get a neck massage every changeover? Dudes, sweet, this is the life!

scarlet

Reminds me of the 2008 olympics semi-final between James Blake and....I think Juan-Monico? James Blake's opponent clearly tipped the ball with his racket but the line chair didn't hear it. The ball changed direction so it clearly went off his racket but he played it off as if nothing happened, and that was the turning point in the match.

Fernando gonzales

MIMIC

Banned
Cincy draw is out:

TOP HALF:
Djokovic-Gasquet
Ferrer-Del Potro

BOTTOM HALF:
Federer-Nadal
Berdych-Murray

Uys9bqw.jpg

Time to make history, Novak!!!

Novak Djokovic has a shot at tennis history next month, when he attempts to complete a sweep of the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments in Cincinnati.

Should the World No. 1 win the Western & Southern Open for the first time, he would become the first singles player to win all of the ATP World Tour's nine premier events.

The achievement would be so unprecedented, that we don't even have a name for it!

That's why the ATP World Tour and Western & Southern Open are giving tennis fans the opportunity to name the sweep. So here's your chance to put your stamp on a piece of tennis history.
ATP World Tour

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Those aren't too bad. I'm going on the QF day so looks like some good stuff :)

Ready for Novak to blow it in the final again dude? lol

MIMIC

Banned
Cincy is like the U.S. Open for him. After enough fails, he'll come through eventually :)

But at the very least, he'll make the final. The only question is who will he face. The draw is basically just like the Wimbledon draw.

Also, Novak plays Nadal in the semis. It's a HC so all bets are on Novak.

If he finds some way to fuck up and lose (like running into the net again!!!) I will rage

Globox_82

Banned
I think both are playing great tennis, but since it is HC, one of the faster ones. I go with Novak. It's up to him. If he feels the ball like against Gasque he will win. But at the same time I am impressed with Rafa.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm grudgingly impressed by how far Nadal is making it into tournaments despite how badly he is playing. I mean, it helps if all you have to play is Levine and Matosevic (lol), but I'm surprised Janowicz lost, in all honesty.

Reyne

I'm grudgingly impressed by how far Nadal is making it into tournaments despite how badly he is playing. I mean, it helps if all you have to play is Levine and Matosevic (lol), but I'm surprised Janowicz lost, in all honesty.

Well he botched the first set tie-break which was more or less his to take I think and after that Nadal had the mental edge. Though I think Janowicz would have steamrolled Nadal had it been in Cincinnati since Nadal has never done particularly well there.

MIMIC

Banned
Wow. Vasek is one set away from making a Masters final. Would be his first tour final (he has made 17 finals--and won 14 of them--on the challenger circuit, according to Wiki)

Top Bottom