• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Sharapova is rusty as hell. She's not ready for the US Open. There's one more tournament before the USO, and I think Sharapova should play it but she probably won't

LuuKyK

Sharapova is rusty as hell. She's not ready for the US Open. There's one more tournament before the USO, and I think Sharapova should play it but she probably won't

Yeah, she needs MUCH more practice. Hell, go play challengers lol, I watch a lot of her matches and I have never seen she play this badly.

Edit: Fucking 62 UE's. Wtf.

ssmswhyl2bkp8a.png

szaromir

Banned
And he went back to using his old racquet
Probably those 4 easy volleys he missed in one service game in the second set against Brands convinced him it would take too long to re-adjust, time he doesn't have much anymore.

He was not too convincing against Kohlschreiber, barely squeezing through the second set tiebreak (both made many errors in it).

BREAKING: Wimbledon champion Marion Bartolli just announced her retirement from tennis effective immediately. She just won Wimbledon last month and the US Open is in 2 weeks. Very strangely timed. My guess is she's pregnant, or perhaps she's juicing and is afraid she's about to get caught? She's 29 years old.

edit: beaten by seconds

Kifimbo

My guess is she's pregnant, or perhaps she's juicing and is afraid she's about to get caught? She's 29 years old.

If she is pregnant, there is no reason not to play the U.S. Open snince she just play Cincinnati. Unless she's also hurt.

Kifimbo

Some quotes:

"I have pain everywhere after 45 minutes or an hour of play…. it's just body wise I just can't do it anymore."

"Everyone will remember my Wimbledon title. No one will remember the last match I played here."

Just take a break until next year then ?

LuuKyK

What.the.fuck?

Noooooo Bartoli!!!! Profund sadness at the moment!

Well not really, but I liked her with all her weird manners. :((((((( Maybe she just waited to fulfill the dream to win a grand slam and was done? Whatever.

May you have a good life outside of tennis Cake! :)

What.the.fuck?

Noooooo Bartoli!!!! Profund sadness at the moment!

Well not really, but I liked her with all her weird manners. :((((((( Maybe she just waited to fulfill the dream to win a grand slam and was done? Whatever.

May you have a good life outside of tennis Cake! :)

She is one woman I could see getting really fat in a few years being away from the game. lol

Top Bottom