• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

cilonen

Work, Health and the internet have been conspiring against me getting to play much this week.

There's a sentence in the F2P statement about making enchanting more forgiving... this is pretty much the only thing I care about!

Mupod

Man I didn't think I'd ever play this again but I'm kind of feeling it now.

Is there somewhere I can quickly get caught up on all the changes since launch, especially regarding new dungeons, warrior/lancer tanking, and BAMs? I stopped literally the day Diablo 3 came out and just never got back into it. Was an Elin Lancer named Muteki on Valley of Titans, but my Lancer decision was a last minute switch since I was a Baraka Warrior named Rowsdower for most of beta. I just wanted to be able to tank high level stuff without having to beg my way into groups.

I guess there was a huge server merge...wonder if Touch Fluffy Tail still exists. Is there a GAF guild on whatever server Valley of Titans was rolled into?

Jomjom

Banned
Woohoo F2P!

Quick question: I bought both the CE and three copies of the vanilla way back when and got the free 30 days for each one. Would I be considered a "Founder" or would I need to actually pay for a month to get it?

Alur

Woohoo F2P!

Quick question: I bought both the CE and three copies of the vanilla way back when and got the free 30 days for each one. Would I be considered a "Founder" or would I need to actually pay for a month to get it?

I thought it said if you bought the game you were a founder, but I can't swear to it.

Cystm

I've been curious about trying this games combat system out for a long time, and I'll finally be able to now.

Do they have any market in place like swtor or GW2 do?

Alur

I've been curious about trying this games combat system out for a long time, and I'll finally be able to now.

Do they have any market in place like swtor or GW2 do?

Cystm! Not yet (or at least not that I knew of while I played). There were a few things you could buy off the website, but not like the Cartel Store AFAIK. The combat system is excellent...honestly I really liked the game, just there was no PVP at the time and I started a little late so I didn't know anyone.

I thought it said if you bought the game you were a founder, but I can't swear to it.

yes, if you bought and registered the game before it goes F2P in February, you are a founder.

If you have a subscription that continues beyond the F2P date, you will be given elite status through the end of your sub, rounded up to the nearest 30 days.

So with my sub expiring on June 6th of 2013, I should have elite status through July 6th..

mileS

So they are giving free game time until Jan.16th. Not bad not bad. Perfect to get my feet wet again before the F2P next month.

I was in the GAF PvE guild when I played. I think I read everyone is on Tempest Reach now?

Coverly

The F2P is great news. Now my wife and a couple of friends can hop in and play and it is going to be glorious.

I originally stopped playing because of the changes they made to tanking, but if my friends actually try this game it's going to be a lot of fun going through everything all over again. It's going to take a bit of time to remember all my controller keys again.

I have to download the game again so I won't hop on until probably tomorrow but Neoak I'll pm you in-game about rejoining if my char is out of the clan. Loads of fun in the Gaf guild.

Alur

Having all kinds of issues with the launcher. Never had a problem before. I keep getting download stalled or retrieving manifest followed by unable to retrieve/download manifest and nothing ever happening in all three cases. =/

I see a lot of folks last spring talking about the unable to retrieve manifest, but no real solution either.

NeOak

Having all kinds of issues with the launcher. Never had a problem before. I keep getting download stalled or retrieving manifest followed by unable to retrieve/download manifest and nothing ever happening in all three cases. =/

I see a lot of folks last spring talking about the unable to retrieve manifest, but no real solution either.

I reopened until it worked. Keep trying.

Alur

I reopened until it worked. Keep trying.

You had the same issue? I deleted and reinstalled, still getting the error. Restarted a few times, still getting the error. It's frustrating.

EDIT: Appears that by going into the actual Program Files and clicking the TERA-launcher.exe instead of using a shortcut fixed the problem for me. How random.

Dunlop

If enough gaffers come back to the PVP server, I would love to collaborate on starting a new guild.

I love PVP, also read the general forums where there seems to be a legion of pissed of people who will make it their mission to gank the F2P'ers in the starting zone.

Will probably start PVE to wet my feet

Man I didn't think I'd ever play this again but I'm kind of feeling it now.

Is there somewhere I can quickly get caught up on all the changes since launch, especially regarding new dungeons, warrior/lancer tanking, and BAMs? I stopped literally the day Diablo 3 came out and just never got back into it. Was an Elin Lancer named Muteki on Valley of Titans, but my Lancer decision was a last minute switch since I was a Baraka Warrior named Rowsdower for most of beta. I just wanted to be able to tank high level stuff without having to beg my way into groups.

I guess there was a huge server merge...wonder if Touch Fluffy Tail still exists. Is there a GAF guild on whatever server Valley of Titans was rolled into?

TFT still existed when I logged off for the last time until F2P a few months ago. However by them everyone we knew at launch had quit a long time ago. I wonder how many people will come back.

docbon

Are you still on the PVP server? I checked for Dragula but it was a level 50 something Aman.

I made dragula on the PVE server and played the prologue for a bit.

I'm redownloading the game though since the streaming client is turrible and crashes every time i log in. I'll be on for the next few days though.

omlet

Oh shit, did I lost my character then? What happens if the name is already taken in the other servers?

No characters lost, but if name already existed then your character will look like Name_DF (to stand for Dragonfall). I think you can get 1 free rename if this happened. When I logged in tonight my two mains escaped the merger with names intact but 3 of my alts had underscore+old server abbreviation after them. I'm not sure if you get prompted to rename them when you log them on or what, I didn't try yet.

Dizzy-4U

No characters lost, but if name already existed then your character will look like Name_DF (to stand for Dragonfall). I think you can get 1 free rename if this happened. When I logged in tonight my two mains escaped the merger with names intact but 3 of my alts had underscore+old server abbreviation after them. I'm not sure if you get prompted to rename them when you log them on or what, I didn't try yet.
Thanks for the info. Not looking good :/

Styles

The game is so dead; not a single ghost in sight. I think I'll start a new character on the PVP server. I still have 6 more levels until my priest reaches lvl60.

ed2305b7.png

NeOak

Alright, whoever is going to play on the PvE server, be aware that the GAF guild has space. When it goes F2P, any character that hasn't logged in since 2012 will be kicked for inactivity. (Guilds in TERA have a very high turnover due to the fact that the game is designed for 5 man parties, 20 man raids are coming)

If there is enough people, we will start limit the amount of alts. Also, be aware that us gaffers are the minority in the guild because that was the only way to keep it alive.

We will be shooting for vanarchy in Arcadia (Lv 10-25 area) before the game goes F2P so we will have exposure to new people.

As soon as you log in on the character, it will ask you to rename it.

Hey Robo, will you be playing a new character on the PvE server by any chance?

He should!
:p

Stefan™;46270318 said:
The game is so dead; not a single ghost in sight. I think I'll start a new character on the PVP server. I still have 6 more levels until my priest reaches lvl60.

ed2305b7.png

Dead? what?

Ahahahahahah..."Were you expecting a parade?" Nice thread title change.

I got kind of excited and spent a bunch of money and decked my PvP server zerker in T13 gear. It cost me almost all the gold I still had sitting on that character. I guess I'm ready to run for T14 gear now, lol. I better start idling Nexus again like the good old days.

Styles

Dead? what?

There are no players in the area I am playing at the moment, but seeing as how it's a 5am EST I would be surprised if there are any.

I still need to get use to the controller layout; it doesn't give me cramps, but at the same time it feels less intuitive.

Wallach

Might come back and poke around with TERA a bit. Is that patch with the Priest Backstep invuln frames going to be in February or do we have no idea?

Ricker

Made a priest on the Gaf PVE server, who do I talk to for an invite?

Will be bouncing between this and TSW

level 7 atm

Usually it's Serena in game...there is room now,I think I saw 222 members and the guild has room for 300,Serena must of made a big purge hehe...

If you are a founder you should get an e-mail with all the info today...just got mine this morning.

Hey Robo, will you be playing a new character on the PvE server by any chance?

All of my characters and time are currently invested on the PVP server but I wouldn't mind playing a new one on Tempest Reach to play with GAF. I went ahead and rolled a new Slayer and Lancer on Tempest Reach but I'm not going to be able to play until after next week.

Dizzy-4U

Damn, I have to rename all my characters :(. Guess I'll keep The Pirotess and delete the rest.

Serves me right for abandoning it.

Top Bottom