• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Rinoa

Shouldn't have any trouble as a Lancer, game needs them to make any party. Game is free under lvl 30 and all the servers merged into 3: PVP, RP, PVE.

Shouldn't have any trouble as a Lancer, game needs them to make any party. Game is free under lvl 30 and all the servers merged into 3: PVP, RP, PVE.

Is there a such thing as a trial code? I'm a little nervous I'm going to resub only to find that the sub 60 levels are empty and I'm above 30 right now so that doesn't help me

NeOak

Lots of people are leveling alts and yeah, you can get people for sub 60 dungeons since there are basically only 2 servers for playing (the RP server doesnt do shit)

EDarkness

Good to see people still playing. I logged in after a few months and realized the servers were merged. This means both of my characters lost their names. Sapped my desire to play again. I hate server merges....

Rinoa

Yeah I had some friends come back just to secure their names. I was able to get some names that the beta squatters/dead accounts had (Rinoa included).

Wallach

New Korean patch:
http://yggdrasilguild.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1277353

Executive Summary:
Nerfs for Warrior, Slayer, Zerker
Buffs for Lancer, Mystic, Sorceror, Archer
Nothing happens to Priest (already unkillable)

The adding of invincibility frames to the ranged classes should result in some serious hilarity. If you are a melee class which isn't Lancer, it's time to re-roll. Priests won't see anything happen to them, but Mystics seem like they are getting some nice long-awaited buffs. Archer finally gets invincibility frames for the first time ever. Zerker will soon entirely cease to exist as a class, I suspect Bluehole will delete the class soon and pretend it never was in the game. Slayers are being mildly nerfed but their chief opponent classes got massive buffs, so it might as well be a huge nerf to them. Warrior will soon entirely cease to exist in PvP.

Priests getting invuln frames on Backstep was really the only thing I really wanted for the class. Glad to see they are finally getting that.

Rinoa

$5 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RIGE12/?tag=neogaf0e-20

tempted to buy it for whatever bonus there'd be when/if it hits f2p

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/...m_content=121212-link&utm_campaign=tawny_pack

apparently this is the new mount if buy game

577799_10152328568535032_1322256368_n.jpg

http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/html/pbPage.Novelty-Items/ThemeID.1994570#leotards
dat xmas leotard..

Pretty active I guess you could say. I always see people running around pre 50. No clue on endgame, but always plenty of shouts for nexus and crap that I've never done.

There's a free trial to lvl28 so you could mess with that. Roleplay server seemed pretty dead when I poked in though.

Numbers have definitely dropped off on the RP server..

It was the only one that wasn't merged..

Number of people transferred to TR hoping to find better groups to do end game content with.. some have come back saying it isn't much better..

I don't really feel good about the current state of the game, honestly..

Poor handling of the game and not enough transparency.

They aren't doing a good job attracting new players and recently have only succeeded in pissing off existing players with their RNG cash shop shenanigans.

It's like they're trying to make it feel like a cheap F2P MMO.

NeOak

EME has dropped the ball indeed.

The game is kinda stagnated atm. Leveling alts is what a lot do right now.

Had EME just done a straight translate-and-release, a lot of problems especially at endgame could have been avoided. The utterly terrible drop rates and 6-hour dungeon timers at endgame were absolutely suicidal for the game when the playerbase got there. Oh well. I still have my fond memories of playing this game in beta and the first couple of months.

Arksy

The combat, the visuals, the in game systems. This was a great base game. It's such a shame it's come to this. This could've been something truly great. It needed more variety in the classes, more things to do, and no subscription.

EME really need to go f2p and revitalise the game.

So I started playing this 2 days ago and I find it pretty damn fun. I played WoW for around 7000 hours, enough to be burned out of MMO for the rest of my life. Or so I thought. I'm not sure exactly what pull me into this game, but the real time action combat system sure is part of it. I'm not that leveled yet (12), but I intend to keep playing. I might subscribe once I reach the level limit from the free edition. I have some quesions though. Are there many dungeons? Are there raids like in WoW? I rolled a Slayer. It's pretty fun, but is it a good choice for end game content?

NeOak

So I started playing this 2 days ago and I find it pretty damn fun. I played WoW for around 7000 hours, enough to be burned out of MMO for the rest of my life. Or so I thought. I'm not sure exactly what pull me into this game, but the real time action combat system sure is part of it. I'm not that leveled yet (12), but I intend to keep playing. I might subscribe once I reach the level limit from the free edition. I have some quesions though. Are there many dungeons? Are there raids like in WoW? I rolled a Slayer. It's pretty fun, but is it a good choice for end game content?
End game unfortunately is limited. We are a vanarch guild in the PvE server (TR) so that gives us something else to do.

No raids like WoW. Content is geared for 5 man parties.

Slayer is top melee dps class atm. Berserker can surpass it but only with criticals.

Arksy

Its a given that it will go F2P. Question is when.

Gonna start getting ready for it.

Does anything outside of the fact that almost all other MMOs have gone F2P give you that impression? (I mean, is there strong indication from EME or similar that it might go F2P soon?).

I would play the hell out of this game if it was F2P.

NeOak

Does anything outside of the fact that almost all other MMOs have gone F2P give you that impression? (I mean, is there strong indication from EME or similar that it might go F2P soon?).

I would play the hell out of this game if it was F2P.

There are a few hints here and there that it will go F2P.

- Tawny mount "lore"
- The "T-CAT" shop NPC that was enabled by mistake
- Minea's "we don't have anything to announce for now" and "2013 will bring a lot of stuff".

Now, it most likely wont be the exact F2P experience here, but i really think that it will go F2P.

Styles

I got up to level 52 and stopped, cause I couldn't find anyone to party with for BAMs or instances. I still have two chrono scrolls that still need activation.

I think I will subscribe after all. I'm approaching the level barrier faster than I expected and I hate the fact that I cannot communicate with others in the chat and for parties or guild.

T.O.P

Banned
Thinking about buying a month pass, how are the server holding up?

Rolled a sorc back in the day, maybe i'll go with a warrior alt

Ichabod

Banned
At this point I'm just killing time until Blade and Soul and Bless come out. If they don't roll out something significant here pretty quick I'll be opting out when my sub is up in March.

Lucc

Looks like stealth potions and "soul shots" (like in lineage 2). You apply them before each attack and enhance its attack power.

T.O.P

Banned
Finally got to 60 two days ago, did some BGs (tried Nexus too, but outside getting gold without doing shit is too much of a clusterfuck for me) and i decided to buy some gear for the pvp, still, can't deal enough damage at all with my T13 +9

Now i'm gonna need to farm money like crazy, i need that Obscura Disc so bad D:

Will try Manaya's Core later with the guild guys, i heard good things loot-wise (a Queen's Heart disc would be good too >.>)

I don't even want to think how much time it will take to get a T14 above +9 ç_ç

It's really too bad this game has such a generic world. The combat is wonderful and I wish other games with better worlds and lore used something similar. Still having fun with it, though.

Top Bottom