• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Tried it out again since it's going F2P, I played the beta a bit and wasn't feeling it.

...It's awesome. Killing an instance mini-boss or one of those giant mobs solo because you can actually dodge and react to attacks is some fun stuff.

I'm a High Elf Warrior named Renault, currently L25-26 (can't remember for sure). Feel free to say hello if you see me.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm going to dedicate much more time to this game now that it's F2P. I have a character that only had a couple of days of playing time on it, but I want to start fresh and create a new one on Tempest Reach to join the GAF guild.

What jobs are most needed for guild events right now? I would like to be helpful. I was looking at Priest because I like healer type jobs.

Makki

If you wanna be most helpful then Lancer is the class everyone wishes more people played. If you like helping as a healer then Priest or Mystic, with Mystic being more sought after at higher levels.

Makki

Yep. You are in charge of positioning and mastering the art of blocking while sneaking in aggro generating skills. DPS classes will love you if you position the mobs back to them and hold aggro with the skills at your disposal and healers will enjoy it if you get really good at remembering attack patterns and blocking accordingly.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I love how unprotective this armor is, lol.

I completely agree :p

jLtFki9y2w8WJ.png

ZenVolta

Hit level 28 today in the Discovery Edition. Having a lot of fun with it. And after reading about the founder stuff, it makes it really hard not to buy the game flat out.

Guess ill level an alt till it goes F2P

Kammie

Hit level 28 today in the Discovery Edition. Having a lot of fun with it. And after reading about the founder stuff, it makes it really hard not to buy the game flat out.

Guess ill level an alt till it goes F2P
You get 8 characters per server and 288 slots to store excess items in. As opposed to 2 per server and 72 slots when it goes F2P.

I think if you're going to eventually play this seriously, it's probably best to buy the game. It's only 20 bucks. It'll probably cost a lot more to get the same when the F2P model goes live. I just bought it and haven't made it past level 15, but I don't really regret it. The game is so polished that I can see myself at least jumping in periodically once I drop it just to chill.

Kinda skipped on wow for some reason lol.

What even constitute 'op tank'. One that can survive and do a lot of damage? One that can solo bosses easily?

Sora_N

You get 8 characters per server and 288 slots to store excess items in. As opposed to 2 per server and 72 slots when it goes F2P.

I think if you're going to eventually play this seriously, it's probably best to buy the game. It's only 20 bucks. It'll probably cost a lot more to get the same when the F2P model goes live. I just bought it and haven't made it past level 15, but I don't really regret it. The game is so polished that I can see myself at least jumping in periodically once I drop it just to chill.

Exactly, also if you buy from enmasse you get a mount (they sell mounts alone for $15 for one-character only ones)

They are nice for a first character, but for those who are in the GAF guild on Tempest Reach, the vanarch horse is the fastest in the game and can be used from level 1.

It's funny to think that I've never not been riding the Vanarch horse since the start of Vanarchies. My guild on the PvP server had always been Vanarch except for a short period when the first guild master quit and we had to change guild master.

badbrains

so I'm going to start playing TERA tonight after it finishes downloading, any useful tips for early progress that you wish you knew when you started? Also, by any chance is the GAF guild recruiting and how can I become a member? Thanks !

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
haha went to go install the game again to get ready for when it's free and saw that they added a day of play time for everyone with an account kinda funny

Kammie

so I'm going to start playing TERA tonight after it finishes downloading, any useful tips for early progress that you wish you knew when you started? Also, by any chance is the GAF guild recruiting and how can I become a member? Thanks !
Don't bother paying too much attention to the quest descriptions, they're all terrible and a waste of time! When the quest tracker shows up on the screen after you get the description, just click on the name of the person you have to go to to highlight them on the map, or if a monster, open the quest and then click on their name to show them. It'll save you a lot of grief (I spent one hour looking for a particular one before I learned this).

The guild can only be joined if you're not on a trial edition. You'd either have to buy the retail version now or wait till it goes F2P.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
yaz! this is wonderful. I'm so excited. I really hope my PC can handle this though. I think my integrated image card is as bad as it gets.

NeOak

The guild can only be joined if you're not on a trial edition. You'd either have to buy the retail version now or wait till it goes F2P.

You can join with a trial account, but you have to be manually invited.

Also, remember that the guild has non-gaffers. "Hiya gaf" makes the others feel out.

NeOak

who do I whisper for a guild invite again?

What's the benefits of guilds anyhow? Usual guild banks and stuff (and that horsy)?

Whisper Serena

One thing i wanna make clear to anyone who considers to join the guild or even if you are going to play the game:

Keep your morality arguments OUT. Elins are around 70% of the population, so if in any way you find them "creepy" or what not, i kindly suggest you don't even install the game. You'll save us the bad time.

Start a shitstorm like the thread in gaming about TERA going F2P on the guild's chat and you are kicked and banned from the guild permanently.

Is there a way for a Berserker to use a 2h sword instead of an Axe? I think I prefer the play style of Zerker over the Slayer, but I hate 2h Axes, haha.

Styles

Maybe they saw my post :lol

Yes, maybe. :p

Hey Everyone,

We’ve seen a great response to TERA: Rising, our transition to making TERA free for everyone. In addition to that great news, we also reactivated all past subscribers for seven days, giving you a chance to come back and experience TERA again.

Unfortunately, we’ve had a few technical difficulties during this reactivation period. These made it difficult for some players to get into game. The good news is that those issues have now been addressed and everyone can once again access TERA.

We’d like to make it right, though. So for all our players—past, present, and future—we’re adding seven days of game time to your account to compensate for the time lost. You don’t have to do anything to activate this additional time—we’ll add it right to your account.

Our community is and has always been our top priority. Please enjoy the extra time, and thanks for being part of the life of a game we love.

—Patrick "Treeshark" Sun

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/...dium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+tera_news+(TERA)

yeah... think i'm gonna stick with zerker. It's really weird that slayers somehow feel slower lol. I guess it's due to zerker I feel like i have control of everything while slayers has way too much redundant animations in the attacks imo.

Loam

So how exactly should I approach crafting in this game? I have an abundance of resources but not nearly enough cash to level a skill high enough to produce anything useful. Right now I'm just sort of stockpiling materials with the intent to revisit it later.

Am I missing out by doing this? Is there any craft that I should focus on as I progress or is ok to put crafting off until endgame?

NeOak

So how exactly should I approach crafting in this game? I have an abundance of resources but not nearly enough cash to level a skill high enough to produce anything useful. Right now I'm just sort of stockpiling materials with the intent to revisit it later.

Am I missing out by doing this? Is there any craft that I should focus on as I progress or is ok to put crafting off until endgame?

Crafting quests to max your crafting. You craft what you need.

Crafting as a economy went out the window with T14 and EME had to re-add the crafting quests that they had taken out, otherwise only a few would have been able to do the T14 craftable gear since it binds after you craft it.

PewPewK

Damn, wish I would have time to actually log in and get some play time. Maybe this weekend...

Hmm how do you chat in this game? I pressed enter, nothing shows up.

Sounds like an odd bug. I remember in a recent MMO I played (though not which one) that there was a bug with the chat window in that I had it moved down slightly and the box where I was typing my message into was accidentally off-screen. I fixed it by moving the chat window up. Can't remember if that was a bug in TERA, but I figure it's worth a try.

Sora_N

I think it was a glitch, restarting client to see if it fixes.

EDIt: Nope, I can't see the box to enter text at all. I swear I saw a few days ago. I'm gonna have to submit a ticket, glad I can still fight though.

Top Bottom