• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

I hit 28 Sorcerer last night doing some quests in Sinestral Manor. This was the first group dungeon I've done so it was a new experience for me to work in a party dynamic that way. It was really fun being able to worry less about mobility and more about cranking out as much dps as I could. Fireblast is beast, was fun playing with that spell last night.

Still very much enjoying this game, but second guessing my choice to play as an Elin. I personally enjoy playing as an Elin, but I'm getting pretty tired of hearing people pick on people who play Elin in Global and Area chat. Even in my party last night somebody was asking why the Elin players in the group rolled that way and such. I'm thinking about buying a race change ticket and rerolling Castanic just so I don't have to deal with it.

Anyway, negativity aside, really fun game. Glad I gave it a chance!

I filtered out Global completely after having enough of that talk, but I keep area on for local LFG/group messages and such. At the end of the day I know I can just shrug it off, but I have to admit the stigma is so prevalent everywhere that it's becoming hard to just simply ignore. Heck, even the F2P announcement thread on GAF had tons of it.

Alrus

Started playing 3 days ago. Level 24 Castanic Sorcerer.

Haven't done any group yet but I tried to solo the first instance. Managed to reach the mid boss (golem thing), which destroyed me the first time. Then it glitched the second time and kept being stuck to a wall except for one or two attacks, made the fight really easy. Didn't go much further because I was a bit bored of taking "ages" to kill mobs and the reward wasn't that great.

BAM soloing is pretty fun, I did the Basilisk quest solo because I couldn't find anyone.

By the way is crafting essential in this? I haven't really paid attention to it right now (because I find it really boring in most mmos)

Dunlop

My character is a priest, are they ok to level or will it be painful without a group? Been fine so far up to my whopping level 12

NeOak

I hit 28 Sorcerer last night doing some quests in Sinestral Manor. This was the first group dungeon I've done so it was a new experience for me to work in a party dynamic that way. It was really fun being able to worry less about mobility and more about cranking out as much dps as I could. Fireblast is beast, was fun playing with that spell last night.

Still very much enjoying this game, but second guessing my choice to play as an Elin. I personally enjoy playing as an Elin, but I'm getting pretty tired of hearing people pick on people who play Elin in Global and Area chat. Even in my party last night somebody was asking why the Elin players in the group rolled that way and such. I'm thinking about buying a race change ticket and rerolling Castanic just so I don't have to deal with it.

That Elin stigma is pure trolling. Elins are like 70% of server population. At endgame you see a shitload of Elins everywhere.

Is there a website where I can check out all the armors in the game? Like how they look.

Really curious if elin do actually get any cool stuff that ain't just cute fetish wear.

Just started playing, and I've decided to go with the Berserker. The axe feels kinda slow, but my character just looks so badass with it. =D

Sora_N

Just started playing, and I've decided to go with the Berserker. The axe feels kinda slow, but my character just looks so badass with it. =D

Berserker is fun! A bit slow with the axe but I love how it feels when I smash monsters.

Also question, just got to Velika. Am I supposed to do all of those crafting quests? I did a bunch of leathercrafting ones but I just realized it doesn't make sense since it costs me more money than I have to finish this quest.

TERA_ScreenShot_20130117_140345_zps4e89e097.png

(Random pic)

Mupod

Interesting...for some reason my account was active until the 24 instead of the 15 like they said. And now they added another week, so it's up until Feb 1.

Elins are the Master Race. It makes sense that other people would be bitter and jealous that they can't be the Master Race.

Kammie

So I'm confused about how the questing system works in a party and haven't come across anyone in the game who's sure or had the opportunity to try to test things with. If we're both on the same quest, we share progress (at least the red story ones, that I noticed). But what happens if they're doing a quest that I already completed? There's no way for me to see what they're doing? It's a matter of me always asking what they're doing and just tagging along? And are the yellow quests even shareable or are those always solo?

It seems to me like you'd have to play with a very specific group of people all at the same time to go through the whole story together, or am I mistaken? I'm new to this so I just don't understand if the concept of a party is progressing to the end, or to just team up when you're going to tackle a BAM or a specific dungeon.

PewPewK

So I'm confused about how the questing system works in a party and haven't come across anyone in the game who's sure or had the opportunity to try to test things with. If we're both on the same quest, we share progress (at least the red story ones, that I noticed). But what happens if they're doing a quest that I already completed? There's no way for me to see what they're doing? It's a matter of me always asking what they're doing and just tagging along? And are the yellow quests even shareable or are those always solo?

It seems to me like you'd have to play with a very specific group of people all at the same time to go through the whole story together, or am I mistaken? I'm new to this so I just don't understand if the concept of a party is progressing to the end, or to just team up when you're going to tackle a BAM or a specific dungeon.

If memory serves me, most yellow quests are shareable unless part of a chain. If you've completed it, they'll still make progress towards their quest. I don't believe you can see how they're doing on it.

You can go through the whole story with different people. Whenever you hit a story mission you can't solo, just generally chime in on general and look for other people on the same mission to come help you out. You can form a party to tackle just a single mission, BAM, dungeon, etc. You don't always need to have the same party with you.

---

Is this armor set attainable right now?

NeOak

Someone is offering to sell me TERA for 12$ but I'm not sure if the game has any time attached to it, this is the copy. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tera---Windows/2750092.p?id=1218348482538&skuId=2750092

It also comes with the blue roam mount I believe? I'll buy it asap if someone can confirm it has time attached to the game, thanks!

The one in the BST thread? Get the discs too for the extra 2 bucks. You dont know when you may need to reinstall the game.

And yes, it has 30 days.

Did they fix their reach on their weapons? Elins had a 2 yard advantage on almost every race as well on their swings.

I think they reduced it a bit because of the PvP.

just a bit smaller Hitbox.

They also have a bit shorter reach which compensates for their smaller hitboxes.

Did they fix their reach on their weapons? Elins had a 2 yard advantage on almost every race as well on their swings.

That infamous test was done on an old version of K-Tera which had been patched long ago. Reach and hitboxes were normalized before the North American launch. Elins actually have slightly shorter reach than other races and have had it since NA launch.

PewPewK

hahaha you picked one of the most expensive sets atm. Its the Regent Set for Cloth users.

Drops in Manaya's Core Hard Mode, the hardest instance right now lol.

I figured since it seems to be the highest tier of armor on that Russian DB site. A man can aspire for something, right?

Though I'll never have time to get it...

Owensboro

Checking again for a new page: Is there anyone on the PvP server that is in a good guild and looking for a Priest (lvl 35)? [and potentially a Lancer (lvl 35)]

Kammie

If memory serves me, most yellow quests are shareable unless part of a chain. If you've completed it, they'll still make progress towards their quest. I don't believe you can see how they're doing on it.

You can go through the whole story with different people. Whenever you hit a story mission you can't solo, just generally chime in on general and look for other people on the same mission to come help you out. You can form a party to tackle just a single mission, BAM, dungeon, etc. You don't always need to have the same party with you.
Thanks.

Yeah, the whole thing of sometimes not seeing what quest a party member is on and their progress is disorienting. Especially when they're uncommunicative and just run around doing their own thing. Would be cool to have a menu that showed that.

Edit: Another question. How do you teleport people in your party to your location? Or is that just a skill available to a specific class? I've had people teleport me but don't see an option when I create a party.

Kammie

Healers can summon.
That explains it, thanks.

Another question for you guys... why do the notes I make on friends not stay? I've written a bunch but some of them randomly disappear. Are they not meant to stay there forever?

I've got 42 hours on this so far, 30 on my main character, and I'm starting to have a blast. Starting to encounter party quests and BAMs, and it's really fun to have to run around the monsters' attacks and position yourself.

Screencap of me tempting fate by teasing a BAM and running for dear life. lol:

Ainaurdur

I rolled a warrior and got it to 15 but I almost feel as if I'd be better off as a lancer for tanking. Any thoughts?

I have not yet played either of them past level 10, but I will chip in anyway.
Everything I have heard suggests Lancer being the "easier" tank. I'd guess mainly since you have more survivability if you miss a dodge or block timing and get smashed. Also Warrior sounds like it has more abilities to keep track of, not certain though.

My current problem is deciding what class I want to play. I am looking at Warrior, Lancer, Slayer, Sorcerer, and Archer. (I'd almost consider a healer too, but I feel like changing it up with tank or dps this time around.)

And I like too many race/gender combinations. Choice is good, but sometimes there are too many good choices to pull from.

So I decided to say screw the haters and stay Elin. I did buy an appearance modification ticket to make some tweaks though, the big ol' chipmunk tail was starting to bug me. I changed up her facial features and went with the horned Elin style this time since I really haven't seen it used much. I think it's a Ram based on the horns and the tiny fluffy tail. Regardless, it's cute as hell.

I also finally saw a pic of the mount we'll be getting as founders, and aparently it's in the Korean TERA already. Is anyone familiar with it's stats? I'm hoping it's as fast as our guild mount because it looks too awesome to not use.

dk_

Sorry, I'm new to TERA and heard that it's going f2p in Feb. Can I download the full version yet or only the trial version?

PatzCU

Is there a simple way to see where my tracked quests are on the map? I have a bunch of quests in my log and there is seemingly no indication of where they are on the map.

Kammie

Sorry, I'm new to TERA and heard that it's going f2p in Feb. Can I download the full version yet or only the trial version?
The trial version is the full version, you just have some limited functionality relating to chat and leveling. If you buy it now for 20 bucks you'll get some special perks when it goes F2P that would probably end up costing you a lot more.

Is there a simple way to see where my tracked quests are on the map? I have a bunch of quests in my log and there is seemingly no indication of where they are on the map.
When you click on a quest on the log, towards the end you'll have the name of the monster/person/object in blue. This'll bring up their location on the map.

So I decided to say screw the haters and stay Elin. I did buy an appearance modification ticket to make some tweaks though, the big ol' chipmunk tail was starting to bug me. I changed up her facial features and went with the horned Elin style this time since I really haven't seen it used much. I think it's a Ram based on the horns and the tiny fluffy tail. Regardless, it's cute as hell.

I also finally saw a pic of the mount we'll be getting as founders, and aparently it's in the Korean TERA already. Is anyone familiar with it's stats? I'm hoping it's as fast as our guild mount because it looks too awesome to not use.

Ram Elins are the worst Elins.

Hagi

Decided it was time to jump on this signed up got the installer and the download went from 7 hours to over 7 days lol

looks like i'll be waiting a while

KePoW

Banned
I rolled a warrior and got it to 15 but I almost feel as if I'd be better off as a lancer for tanking. Any thoughts?

Lancer is much easier for tanking. Warrior is viable but requires a lot more player skill.

So it just comes down to if you're a highly skilled gamer or not.

Top Bottom