• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Kammie

why is there a lvl 60 big dragon thing in the noob zone? In most mmo's the zone bosses are usually killable by the people of that level :S
This dragon was hilarious. Someone went out and tempted it by picking a flower right in front of it. Then I went up and threw a bomb at it, then ran for my life as it chased and killed me in one hit. lol

I like how in this area the NPCs are all more concerned about a bunch of faeries than the dragon.

any useful tips for early progress that you wish you knew when you started?

-Use crystals.
-Use your radar when at camps/accepting quests so you don't miss any ( ! ) that are out of your field of view.
-Only enchant yellow or blue gear in the early levels.
-Enchanting past +6 pre 60 is for ballers.
-Figure out how to use the trade broker asap so you don't lose money selling crap to npcs

Kammie

hmmm it seems a bit funky to play zerker with default shortcut mappings eh?

walk and charge attack with your left hand requires some gymnastics lol.
I'm playing as one and I'm just now getting the skills that let me walk and charge at the same time. I find that I can just hold the skills and W to move forward, and then I zoom the camera out and up and spin it around to go where I want. (Edit: I should note that I play with mouse acceleration on, so just a flick will turn my character around. I normally disable it for games, but it helps out here)

Owensboro

We don't have a PvP guild still, right?
Just checking again: Do we still have a PvP guild? Or do we have enough PvPers to crank it up again?
After logging in last night for the first time since last year, I found I was the only person in "Believe" online (out of like 200 people). I think it's dead, Jim.

It's funny to think that I've never not been riding the Vanarch horse since the start of Vanarchies. My guild on the PvP server had always been Vanarch except for a short period when the first guild master quit and we had to change guild master.

Ooo! What guild are you in? How are the people? Does your guild have low level DPS (around level 35) still leveling up? Any chance you all would want a Lancer and Priest with MMO experience (high end WoW raiding back in the day) who are good? DaveInc and I are going to be looking for a guild once F2P hits, and we need DPS buddies because killing a BAM with only a Priest and Lancer takes forever.

On that note, does anyone else have recommendations of guilds on the PvP server that are full of fun people?

T.O.P

Banned
Finally found a good spot for farming gold, mobs that drop 13-14g are a dream come true :3
Plus they are in the same area as my 4 daily quest for another good 60g per run :3

4k to go for the obscura disc :D

@btw created a Lancer alt, just reached lvl40, really a fun class to roll...shame that soloing area quest is extremely slow compared to my sorc e.e

Ezio

Thinking about possibly coming back to TERA. Cancelled WoW sub once I got my Panda Monk to 90, didn't feel like doing all the dailies. I think I have a sorc who is about 32 in TERA, now that it's f2p might give it another whirl.

KePoW

Banned
Whisper Serena

One thing i wanna make clear to anyone who considers to join the guild or even if you are going to play the game:

Keep your morality arguments OUT. Elins are around 70% of the population, so if in any way you find them "creepy" or what not, i kindly suggest you don't even install the game. You'll save us the bad time.

Start a shitstorm like the thread in gaming about TERA going F2P on the guild's chat and you are kicked and banned from the guild permanently.

Can we talk about Popori?

Owensboro

Can we talk about Popori?

And how awesome they are? After logging back in for the first time in 7 months last night, I spent 5 minutes laughing at my Popori's emotes and how he falls flat on his face after being blown back from Fiery Escape.

Damn Popori are awesome.

Slacker

After logging in last night for the first time since last year, I found I was the only person in "Believe" online (out of like 200 people). I think it's dead, Jim.
Sad face. If we get enough PvPers together let's fire it back up. If not if there's another guild who can take what's left maybe we can end up there together.

Nopren

I'm still in the pvp guild. Me and all my alts. But I have yet to see anyone else online since I started playing again.

KePoW

Banned
And how awesome they are? After logging back in for the first time in 7 months last night, I spent 5 minutes laughing at my Popori's emotes and how he falls flat on his face after being blown back from Fiery Escape.

Damn Popori are awesome.

Heck yeah!!

chualie

We should bring back the GAF guild in the PvP server. I think there was someone in this thread that was looking into bringing it back. I'm on probation until Monday since I left a guild but I'm definitely interested in joining the GAF guild.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm going to post this in the B/S/T thread but I thought maybe it might be relevant to people's interests here. I have a sealed copy of vanilla Tera that I'm selling for $20 shipped if anyone wants it to get founder status. PM if interested.

Tc91

So I purchased a copy of the US version and have got up to around level 11 so far, upon entering the main city I noticed some fps spikes/freezing, googled some stuff and edited a file a little bit but it seems to still be there sometimes.

Anyone got any ideas on what this could be? I used to play the EU version with no performance problems what so ever.

ah cool. Speaking of which... not sure if it's lag or something, but does berserker block not activate instantly? I always seem to have it 'miss' the enemy attack by a split second.

maybe my timing is off...

There is definitely some lag, but the zerker and lancer blocks also have a short windup animation. This is why having attack speed bonus on your weapon also lets you block faster.

Wallach

ah cool. Speaking of which... not sure if it's lag or something, but does berserker block not activate instantly? I always seem to have it 'miss' the enemy attack by a split second.

maybe my timing is off...

There is definitely a few frames of start-up before you are in block state. In front of that is whatever frames you wait due to latency.

You can check your ping by turning on the performance monitor thing in the options for FPS, then hovering over that on the UI with your mouse for a second.

Ainaurdur

Been feeling like hopping back in with the good news of F2P.
Stopped playing last year when I had too little time to play and didn't feel the fee was worth the small amount of time I could hop on.

I'm planning on retrying a few classes to see what I like and then try to force myself to settle into one.
Or maybe two classes. ;)

Then I will join up with the PvE guild. Already confused NeOak in-game on that front. Heh. :)

Cmagus

Jumped back in with 3 friends we have a solid party. Working on the Manor dungeon next.
i1Ui0XP6O45l5.png

hmmm is there a reason why berserkers were bad in the past? They seem like a pretty decent class atm. Probably the most 'direct' class I've played so far in terms of 'control'.

also, what does stamina do? Don't think they ever explained.

Finally downloaded the full game. Looking forward to jumping back in since last I remembered I was 10 levels away from the level cap. Tempest Reach is where the guild is, right?

Nopren

It's around lvl 20. That's where you'll start to see your first BAMs, and would recommend that you at least hang on until then. It is much more rewarding fighting them than the regular mobs.

Kammie

It's around lvl 20. That's where you'll start to see your first BAMs, and would recommend that you at least hang on until then. It is much more rewarding fighting them than the regular mobs.
Yep, I met mine at 20.

It was pretty easy. I was solo and asked for help. Then a lvl 60 partied up with me and killed them all in one hit. lol

Top Bottom