• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Jomjom

Banned
I'm about to create my new character (which will probably be a Lancer) to play in the GAF guild. Before I create I just have a couple of questions, if anyone would be so kind.

1) There really is a shortage of Lancers in the guild right? There have been times in other MMOs where I chose a job that nobody really wanted and I got left out of a lot of guild events because of it, which is why this matters so much to me.

2) I know that Lancers wear Heavy Armor, but can they still wear robes or Light Armor in non-battle situations? I kind of hate how the Heavy Armor looks. Like in SWTOR, I would normally wear Medium Armor in raids, but when I'm walking around I wear another set of armor just because I like how it looks even though it has lower armor rating.

Since I am debating creating an Elin for one of the classes I want to try, what makes you say this about the ram? Just curious.

Maybe you are joking?

With their horns and nearly vestigial tails, many Elin scholars believe that Ram Elins aren't actually Elins at all. Instead, the current school of thought is that Ram Elins are actually mutated Castanics. The Ram Elins also have a reputation for excessive promiscuity which exposes their true origins. Many Ram Elins are also futas, again strong evidence for their genetic origins from mutation.

Ainaurdur

With their horns and nearly vestigial tails, many Elin scholars believe that Ram Elins aren't actually Elins at all. Instead, the current school of thought is that Ram Elins are actually mutated Castanics. The Ram Elins also have a reputation for excessive promiscuity which exposes their true origins. Many Ram Elins are also futas, again strong evidence for their genetic origins from mutation.

Intriguing research they have developed. After a few stretches of belief, I could possibly see the connection.

I ended up creating a chipmunk Elin.

I wanted fox, but the lack of ability to customize the ear and tail fur color meant I had trouble picking a hair color that looked good enough with them. (I did not want blonde or red hair.)

Kammie

I know this may go unanswered..but what am I suppose to do here in this room?

http://i.minus.com/ihpq6ebpoYlJZ.png
You need to craft weapons. Buy the plans, the items, etc. Tutorials are turned into quests so there's a few complicated ones like this.

Can't you use a VPN to play the English version? The game has lots of other stuff that requires reading... and you can't even play with people like this. I couldn't enjoy trying to stumble through this blindly. :(

Sarcasm

You need to craft weapons. Buy the plans, the items, etc. Tutorials are turned into quests so there's a few complicated ones like this.

Can't you use a VPN to play the English version? The game has lots of other stuff that requires reading... and you can't even play with people like this. I couldn't enjoy trying to stumble through this blindly. :(

VPN no workie =S By chance you know the quest? I can look it up on a site that I use for skills.

Sarcasm

I have a friend who plays on the US servers from an army base in Japan. Not sure why you're not able to?

I am not military. They even asked me (en masse or w/e NA is). Ask your friend about it. They make exceptions for military.

=S

I also don't pay for VPN. Since I don't have to use it for anything else.

I can buy NA steam games just fine. When I play WoW & GW2 I am fine.

Oh well.

Kammie

Also is there anything I am missing? Like glpyhs or gems or something?

Is there a bank in this game? Sorry another edit..is it the key icon?
Congrats! Glyph and gem tutorials come later. Gem I'm not 100% certain there's a tutorial for, I was kind of sleepy when I think it came up, but you can attach one to a weapon as soon as you get it.

And yeah, the key icon is the bank.

Sarcasm

Also crystals..guess I totally missed those on newb island. I must find another vendor...lol

I can't access or use the bank for some odd reason.

Sarcasm

I went to a PvE for two reasons:

1) Since I don't the language to well figured it be easier
2) Don't know the gameplay well enough

I am only 12 so its a good time to switch..but my question is since this game has BGs..

Is it like WoW PvP? Pretty much all action is in the BG which regardless if your server is PvE you can do and get gear etc?

omlet

I went to a PvE for two reasons:

1) Since I don't the language to well figured it be easier
2) Don't know the gameplay well enough

I am only 12 so its a good time to switch..but my question is since this game has BGs..

Is it like WoW PvP? Pretty much all action is in the BG which regardless if your server is PvE you can do and get gear etc?

I've been leveling some alts on PvP server. They actually work more like the PvE WoW servers in that normally you're not flagged for PvP but you can flag if you want. Partly due to the lore (FFA PvP wouldn't make sense). Just getting into the 30 range so I can't say much about endgame zones, but so far hardly anyone flags for PvP. I've only been ganked once. Most people just focus on questing same as on PvE server. I'm sure F2P zerg is going to be met with lots of griefing but I'm really not seeing it much so far.

Sarcasm

I don't even think world pvp happens anyways..regardless if toggle on N/EU (not over here though).

You just afk in town waiting for que to pop.

SorchaR

I'm downloading this now, I might as well take a look at it now it's going F2P. I normally play archers or casters, but I have the feeling that going with a melee character might be fun with Tera's combat system.
What would be an easy melee class for a newbie, preferably something that can survive a mistake or two?

Kammie

I'm downloading this now, I might as well take a look at it now it's going F2P. I normally play archers or casters, but I have the feeling that going with a melee character might be fun with Tera's combat system.
What would be an easy melee class for a newbie, preferably something that can survive a mistake or two?
I'm doing berserker and I'm having a blast. I'm just obliterating everything in my way. My teammates take 30 seconds to kill one guy while I'm done in 4.

Izayoi

Banned
That Elin stigma is pure trolling. Elins are like 70% of server population. At endgame you see a shitload of Elins everywhere.
Yup. Almost everyone in Bastion is an Elin.

Play with friends/guildmates and you'll avoid almost all of it.

Finally back! Slightly jetlagged but ready to get back into things.

Does Safflower still play on the PVP server? They are listed as the current GM of the "Believe" guild. From what I have been reading, it seems pretty dead, so I might have to create a new guild with a different name.

XzZDmgU.jpg

My encounter with a lv60 dragon at Lumbertown. I was scared shitless. =O

2San

Not much to be honest. There was a small group of Lv60 players attempting to fight it, so I naturally did the honorable thing and took a screenshot of the beast before getting the hell out of there. lol
Still interesting either way. They didn't have lvl60 dragons getting lost, when I played the game. :eek:

Quick question:

Anyone else use a controller rather then keyboard & mouse? Did you change the layout (xpadder, etc.) or do you use the default layout?

2San

Quick question:

Anyone else use a controller rather then keyboard & mouse? Did you change the layout (xpadder, etc.) or do you use the default layout?
The game supports controllers and is fully customizable in game. Default works well enough, but I haven't given it much time.

NeOak

Supposedly there is crystal vendors on the n00b island in tower base..yet I can't find them. I am at this spot where one supposedly should be. Do I need to do some quests? I found a guide and the dude is lvl 4..which I am higher.

I found a few asian friends so I rerolled on a different server.

Here is where I am at: http://i.minus.com/ib29YldBxXv6OP.png

Here is the guide: http://teracodex.com/guide/21279

=/
There's specialty vendors that sell slightly better crystals than the regular crystal vendor.
No specialty vendor if there is no vanarch in the area or if they disabled the npc.
There's a regular crystal vendor hut next to the rocks though

Top Bottom