• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

chualie

Finally back! Slightly jetlagged but ready to get back into things.

Does Safflower still play on the PVP server? They are listed as the current GM of the "Believe" guild. From what I have been reading, it seems pretty dead, so I might have to create a new guild with a different name.

I'm interested in joining the PvP guild if you are bringing it back or creating a new one.

Sarcasm

Did you find the crystal vendor?

Not yet but I remember those dudes there. Now I just need to translate the chinese into english so I know which to buy (for a zerker at least).

I actually rerolled on a different server cause I have no friends currently playing Tera and found one on a stream.

NeOak

Not yet but I remember those dudes there. Now I just need to translate the chinese into english so I know which to buy (for a zerker at least).

I actually rerolled on a different server cause I have no friends currently playing Tera and found one on a stream.

Join NA TERA. Do not look back.

Sarcasm

Its really not hard to play in Chinese. The game is fun and most of the stuff is self explanatory..even if a bit grindy. I live in Taiwan so its prob for the best since I will play with people when I can play.

Kammie

There's something terribly disturbing about the proportions of all the cute/domesticated animals:

eWnzIU8.jpg
QQcCjB0.jpg
lEoUVZN.jpg

Did Sinestral Manor in a large group last night, my first hard dungeon. Game rocks.

Glad you came around to the game, I remember you were ready to give up on it a few pages back.

Nice looking hume, I'm not usually into blondes.. or humes in this game, lol

AMANI MASTER RACE!

Kammie

Glad you came around to the game, I remember you were ready to give up on it a few pages back.
Yeah, chalk it up to ignorance and a bit of anger at the installation process. lol. I really wanted to like it, so I'm glad I gave it a second chance, it's totally worth it.

aett

SM is extremely easy if your party knows to bring the bring the spider out of the big room where the small spiders spawn. He will follow but his adds won't.

I just completed SM for the first time. Good thing my group knew to bring the spider into the smaller room. It was the quietest PUG I've ever been in in an MMO, no one said a word the entire time, not even to invite me or a "thanks" to the group at the end. Everyone quit the group before I had a chance to type out "thanks guys".

Quick question: is there a way to check total time played?

It was the quietest PUG I've ever been in in an MMO, no one said a word the entire time, not even to invite me or a "thanks" to the group at the end. Everyone quit the group before I had a chance to type out "thanks guys".

Quick question: is there a way to check total time played?

Unfortunately that seems to be the norm. Chalk it up to cross-server dungeon matching etc.

If you enable the show FPS option, hover your mouse over it to see ping and total time played.

And as a Zerker/Slayer/Archer, Mystics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Priests

Kammie

I just completed SM for the first time. Good thing my group knew to bring the spider into the smaller room. It was the quietest PUG I've ever been in in an MMO, no one said a word the entire time, not even to invite me or a "thanks" to the group at the end. Everyone quit the group before I had a chance to type out "thanks guys".
Hey, at least you didn't get invited into a party just because you were right beside some people fighting a BAM, told "This one" and figured you'd be nice and help, and then when the fight ends they kick you out of the party and just go away on their horses! I think that's the last time I accept a random party invitation like that.

And yeah, my group also did the hallway thing with the spider.

T.O.P

Banned
Temple of Temerity is a pretty awesome instance, really exciting with the time counter and the limited potion, soloing the bam while the other protect the crystals gets me so fuckin pumped :3

2k to go for the obscura disc for my sorc, been farming sloths and the three tower area for a couple of days now, pretty good results, and i should dhit 60 with my lancer this week, awesome class, really refreshing compared to the other

SorchaR

EU servers are down for maintenance, they are implementing a new PvP server at the same time. The PvE server was packed (in the starter zone) as well last night, it looks like there are a lot of people interested in the coming F2P.

You know, it's kind of strange - Without the F2P announcement I likely would have never tried TERA thanks to the fact it carried a subscription fee. Now that I'm in an invested though, I'm really worried about what will happen to the game when the time comes. Things like pay to win, gold seller spam, (more) juvenile players, and perhaps worst of all - the game going under because of cash flow problems. At this point I think I'd rather personally pay a subscription fee to keep things the way they are.

Doom and gloom aside, has anyone ever played a subscription based MMO that went F2P and maintained/improved after the switch? I'm struggling to think of one.

You know, it's kind of strange - Without the F2P announcement I likely would have never tried TERA thanks to the fact it carried a subscription fee. Now that I'm in an invested though, I'm really worried about what will happen to the game when the time comes. Things like pay to win, gold seller spam, (more) juvenile players, and perhaps worst of all - the game going under because of cash flow problems. At this point I think I'd rather personally pay a subscription fee to keep things the way they are.

Doom and gloom aside, has anyone ever played a subscription based MMO that went F2P and maintained/improved after the switch? I'm struggling to think of one.

I think LOTRO is often sited as an MMO F2P conversion success story. I never played it prior to F2P so I can't compare the before and after effects of the switch.

EDIT: Speaking of which can I get an invite to the GAF guild? I just started, I have a lvl 8 slayer and lvl 2 lancer. Figured I'd rock in casually and see how it goes inbetween GW2 for my MMO fix. Char names are Sir.Garbageman and Joiry.Jirel.

Thanks!

KePoW

Banned

There is no P2W in TERA.

SWTOR seems to be doing fine

aett

Doesn't SWTOR have the second most paid subscriptions next to WoW? The problem is that no MMORPG will ever reach WoW's numbers - that time has long passed, and SWTOR had such a large budget that even being a distant #2 wasn't good enough to make that money back.

Anyway, in TERA I'm happy to finally reach an area that isn't some kind of forest (haunted or otherwise)...

I love being able to dye armor.

Well it's good to know that a game can make the transition and survive. I guess only time will tell for TERA. If it does fail, I guess there's always PSO2 - eventually.

There is no P2W in TERA.

I'm not saying we do now, but we don't know what the cash shop is going to look like post F2P aside from a few non-specific quotes, do we?

Can someone give a break down on why choosing Mystic is better now than Priests? Everything I've looked at on the subject states that they both have their pro's and cons.

Nothing really saying Mystic should be chosen over Priest right now.

2San

Can someone give a break down on why choosing Mystic is better now than Priests? Everything I've looked at on the subject states that they both have their pro's and cons.

Nothing really saying Mystic should be chosen over Priest right now.

A Mystic can heal through all content while providing higher damage(Crit chance aura). Priest can heal better and is a lot less likely to pull aggro, decent buffs as well(that stay on the player regardless of range). The non direct heals don't generate aggro for some reason. I had an easier time with the Priest in instances. However the Mystic just provides that damage and has amazing crowd control spells(stun, sleep, fear) on top of that. The Mystic also has the most fun skill game in the game(sorcs also have it albeit on higher cool down), called teleport Jaunt. Which you can glyph for cool down reset(30% chance, I think?). It's a blink spell. Which means you can pretty much catch up to anyone(pvp).

So unless you are playing with a terrible groups all the time, the Mystic just wins overall.

Though I do recall some max level dungeons where groups really prefer the priest. However the Mystic should be able to handle it either way.

Oh let me add for Mystics. The MP/HP balls they drop are close to useless when you hit higher levels, unless you drop them during down time or something. Next to self healing summon, the summons are useless as well. I haven't played the game for a while, so take my words with a grain of salt.

NeOak

So AT&T U-Verse is having problems nationwide and that means no TERA for me until they fix it.

Which can take up to 3 days...

Gaffers can poke cilonen (Astarea in game) for guild invites, but the guild is basically full (296 of 300 atm) until I can log in and purge inactives.

This game needs a better guild management system. Everything has to be done by the GM D:

Edit: Internet is back. I feel so trolled >.<

Sarcasm

I have noticed something on the chinese version at least.

Is the mob respawn rate. Its literally 2 seconds. I have this quest to get chests and you sit there taking like 30 seconds. I kill these three mobs, start - but in 2 seconds the three respawn.

How can I pick this stuff up lol!

_woLf

Can has invite?

character name is Nahna. Castanic Slayer.

Are guilds account wide or character specific in this game?

edit: thanks! :)

Sarcasm

Man..does Tera use a lot of my system memory. I even get memory warnings. (I have 8GB lol) system will be using like 83% of memory and tera is above 50%.

Than the game crashes at every cutscene.

My specs in jist are:

I7 3770K
GTX670
8GB RAM

>.<

2San

Man..does Tera use a lot of my system memory. I even get memory warnings. (I have 8GB lol) system will be using like 83% of memory and tera is above 50%.

My specs in jist are:

I7 3770K
GTX670
8GB RAM

>.<
Sounds like memory leakage to me. If you are traveling a lot, just restart your pc. Still I don't recall my PC having that problem with this game though. Dragon Age and Lineage 2 on the other hand where memory leaking all over the place.

_woLf

My specs in jist are:

I7 3770K
GTX670
8GB RAM

>.<

I have the same specs only I have 16 GB of ram, but the max my TERA ever takes is around 1.5GB. You have a memory leak of some kind :(

Sarcasm

Yea there aren't any American military over here. I do know some and can have small conversation. Just don't really hear Gaming lingo.

But it is working in my favour. In a good too hehe.

Top Bottom