• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Sarcasm

Any does not imply all or every. Regardless I am married to a local over here. Will have dual citizenship soon once the Taiwan law goes into affect. But I am pretty much one right now.

Useless fact when you want to join the CIA you got a good chance if you have tri citizenship. They encourage it.

Sarcasm

The monster re-spawn timers are raping me!! I can't loot the chests in this new area lol ~ time to move on!

Also for a berserker what stats do I need to look for? What charms?

The usual charms that everyone uses are Power, Enduring, Infused. Power increases Crit damage, Enduring increases Endurance which reduces your damage taken, and Infused increases mana regen rate. Zerkers are always mana-starved so Infused is the most important charm you can use.

As a zerker you'll be wanting anything that increases your Crit, whether it be Crit stats on items, crystals, consumables, or a pocket mystic who can follow you around and give you that DFC (Delicious Fat Crit) aura. A zerker without crits has embarrassingly bad DPS, we depend entirely on landing crits for our entire DPS output. For most of your leveling career you'll want to tote around Scrolls of Carving until you're level-capped and you have a bunch of Crit bonuses on your gear, then you can switch to Scrolls of Savagery for the Crit damage boost. Your only 100% essential crystal that should always be on your weapon is a Carving crystal, the other crystals will vary based on what you're doing.

Sarcasm

The usual charms that everyone uses are Power, Enduring, Infused. As a zerker you'll be wanting anything that increases your Crit, whether it be stats on items, consumables like scrolls, or a pocket mystic who can follow you around and give you that DFC (Delicious Fat Crit) aura.

Now to translate into Chinese. I have been lazy and been just grabbing things with bigger numbers lol. Gear wise and weapon. Can't use crystals yet to lvl 30 over here.

Sarcasm

Well I realized an easy way is can some one open their hero pane (p) and take two pictures please?

One of the Combat Tab and one of the Stats Tab?

Kammie

The usual charms that everyone uses are Power, Enduring, Infused. Power increases Crit damage, Enduring increases Endurance which reduces your damage taken, and Infused increases mana regen rate. Zerkers are always mana-starved so Infused is the most important charm you can use.

As a zerker you'll be wanting anything that increases your Crit, whether it be Crit stats on items, crystals, consumables, or a pocket mystic who can follow you around and give you that DFC (Delicious Fat Crit) aura. A zerker without crits has embarrassingly bad DPS, we depend entirely on landing crits for our entire DPS output. For most of your leveling career you'll want to tote around Scrolls of Carving until you're level-capped and you have a bunch of Crit bonuses on your gear, then you can switch to Scrolls of Savagery for the Crit damage boost. Your only 100% essential crystal that should always be on your weapon is a Carving crystal, the other crystals will vary based on what you're doing.
As a zerker, this is great advice. Will look into all this, thanks.

Sarcasm

SO I hit lvl 22..guess what I find out.

Tera TW is only F2P til level 22!!!! Than you have to sub!

Maybe...it will go completely F2P....later. But I guess I am done. I can never tell if I did VPN right or it just doesn't work (I read but poor chinese peeps having same issue).

SO I hit lvl 22..guess what I find out.

Tera TW is only F2P til level 22!!!! Than you have to sub!

Maybe...it will go completely F2P....later. But I guess I am done. I can never tell if I did VPN right or it just doesn't work (I read but poor chinese peeps having same issue).

First off, isn't it level 28?

Second off, F2p doesn't start until February.

Thirdly, there is no more sub fees so you can spend $20 now if you like the game and get free play plus the "founders bonus" of 8 char slots and full inventory.

Alrus

Stopped playing my sorc and started a Slayer, currently at level 28. I'm having a lot more fun with that class and I feel it's a bit easier to play overall. Soloing BAM has been much easier too.

2San

Stopped playing my sorc and started a Slayer, currently at level 28. I'm having a lot more fun with that class and I feel it's a bit easier to play overall. Soloing BAM has been much easier too.
Sorc is a good fun class to play, but it's reliant on other characters to hold something down imo. It's a great character for groups. I played most of the game in a 3 man group(me a mystic, sorc and slayer). The sorc blew shit up, while the slayer kept shit in place while dealing great damage as well.

Slayer is one of easier classes to play.

Bought it since it's only $20. Currently at L34 on the PvE server Tempest Reach, character's is named Renault.

I'd like to join the GAF guild so if anyone who can do that happens to be on message me in game.

The NeoGAF PVP guild is live! Apply to the guild in-game if you want to join and leave your GAF name as a note in the application. If you're not a member, just leave the name of someone that can vouch for you.

All members with "_VT" in their name have been removed from the guild. If you were removed on accident and want back into the guild, please re-apply or PM me in-game @ Hikaru. In additions, all ranks have been restructured as follows:

Guild Membership Ranks
  • Lurker - New recruit. No permissions.
  • Junior Member - Full guild member (non GAF member). Invite and bank permissions.
  • Member - Full guild member (GAF member). Invite and bank permissions.
  • Moderator - Full permissions. Invite, bank, MOTD, GvG.

I'm currently looking for others to help run the guild as Moderators or co-GMs of sorts. If interested, please PM me. For now, Paprika/Safflower and androidcandy are the only other Moderators.

Edit: Setup the Mumble server and joined for a second. No one had any idea who I was and I think I confused the heck out of everyone. >_>

Sarcasm

Sweet hat!

Does the Korean (or Asian, I guess?) version of the game have different items than the NA version? I haven't seen anything crazy yet aside from an odd swimsuit or two.

I wouldn't know yet..only lvl 20. Servers are down. But crystals aren't available like they are in KR/NA/EU. A level 30 thing.

Qvoth

Guys, as slayer, what crystals should i go for? Am currently level 25, in Europe pve server
And how long should i keep farming bastion of lok? A random pt mate told me yesterday until I'm all blue...
@sarcasm: you could try Tera Europe, unlimited trial account goes until level 58 i think, but you can only chat in party and guild, also you can't use bank, trade broker, can't even whisper
As far as i know, Tera Europe doesn't ip block Asia like Tera NA do

Sarcasm

Guys, as slayer, what crystals should i go for? Am currently level 25, in Europe pve server
And how long should i keep farming bastion of lok? A random pt mate told me yesterday until I'm all blue...
@sarcasm: you could try Tera Europe, unlimited trial account goes until level 58 i think, but you can only chat in party and guild, also you can't use bank, trade broker, can't even whisper
As far as i know, Tera Europe doesn't ip block Asia like Tera NA do

Europe sadly IP blocks the country I am in. They just don't blanket IP block the entire region like na does. But unfortunately like na Europe blocks me.

T.O.P

Banned

There's no need to farm instances until u reach lvl 57 and above, quests and random drops gives you all the good gear you need

For the Crystals, for questing keep 4 Hunter Crux
For pve (instances and group bams) you should go all on crit buff, Focused, Acronimous, Savage
For pvp, can't remember the specific ones, just try to increase your speed while in combat, and some attack/defense multiplier on Health when below 50%

I'll buy the Obscura Disc tonight finally ;D 8k of gold in a week is not bad at all lol

Ainaurdur

Only getting 10 Glyph Points at level 20 feels so very restricting. I could easily want to spend 30 points with the glyphs that are available at the start.

KePoW

Banned
Only getting 10 Glyph Points at level 20 feels so very restricting. I could easily want to spend 30 points with the glyphs that are available at the start.

The glyph system is the same as talent trees in other MMOs. You can't have everything at low levels.

It's not until level cap that you have all your talent points.

T.O.P

Banned
YES got an Obscura Disc at 6k, practically a steal :D

Got it to +8 and now i'm broke again, back to farming gold and get the lancer to 60 :3

I got my Voidcutter for 6k the other day. It bankrupted me to the point where I only could get it to +7 before I gave up. I've also managed to get the complete Fraywind set. It's nice to not instantly explode when people attack me in BGs now. I had to suffer through 2 weeks of awful unbalanced PvP to get my Fraywind set. The F2P people have got Hell on Earth ahead of them when they finally hit 60 and start doing BGs as there are a lot of really over geared people and this game is essentially 100% gear based for PvP, having worse gear than your opponent means you lose period.

NeOak

Moved the PvE website to guildlaunch because of the promo (that lasted like 2 hours lol) and because it really has a very good set of features.

URL is still believe-tera.com

If you are in Believe on Tempest Reach, please register NAO. We will eventually manage the raid stuff through the website.

Robokittyzilla, Any idea of how to keep the two guilds close to each other?

TFT in MT is separate from the one in TR and the Reddit guild in TR just started but they will be using the same website for both PvE and PvP.

Owensboro

The NeoGAF PVP guild is live!
Is the Guild still "Believe"? If so, I'm still in it (and in the clear). Can you bump me up to "Member" thought? Name is Owensboro - Level 35 Priest.

Logged in and played for an hour or so last night and noticed I was still in. I actually saw four people online! If any DPS in the PvP guild are around level 36, you are needed to help a lancer and priest level! We have to skip BAM's because it takes way to damn long to kill them.

What's the GAF Tera Mumble info? Are there seperate rooms set up on the server if we want to just talk to our current party?

Kammie

Moved the PvE website to guildlaunch because of the promo (that lasted like 2 hours lol) and because it really has a very good set of features.

URL is still believe-tera.com

If you are in Believe on Tempest Reach, please register NAO. We will eventually manage the raid stuff through the website.

TFT in MT is separate from the one in TR and the Reddit guild in TR just started but they will be using the same website for both PvE and PvP.
What's the deal with the username registration? If I try to put a name with just letters it tells me it's unavailable, but if I throw a number or random character like a period after it it accepts it. Is it necessary to do it like that?

Ainaurdur

What's the deal with the username registration? If I try to put a name with just letters it tells me it's unavailable, but if I throw a number or random character like a period after it it accepts it. Is it necessary to do it like that?

Most of the members so far do not have numbers in their names. Mine is just Ainaurdur. Didn't have any trouble signing up.

Perhaps the name you wanted was either taken already or reserved by the Guild Launch system in some way? They may have been too lazy to write up a more descriptive error message.

Kammie

Perhaps the name you wanted was either taken already or reserved by the Guild Launch system in some way? They may have been too lazy to write up a more descriptive error message.
Ah, I didn't know Guild Launch was a general thing... thought the accounts here were just for a private forum.

All right, no worries. Thanks!

Ainaurdur

Ah, I didn't know Guild Launch was a general thing... thought the accounts here were just for a private forum.

All right, no worries. Thanks!

Heh, yeah. I was surprised at how many games were supported in the drop-down menu. Don't think I had ever heard of Guild Launch until it popped up in the TERA Launcher news feed.

We should probably use the same website. I can't check the site from work but when I get a chance, I'll take a look and we can discuss how to handle roster and forum management, if needed.

Is the Guild still "Believe"? If so, I'm still in it (and in the clear). Can you bump me up to "Member" thought? Name is Owensboro - Level 35 Priest.

Logged in and played for an hour or so last night and noticed I was still in. I actually saw four people online! If any DPS in the PvP guild are around level 36, you are needed to help a lancer and priest level! We have to skip BAM's because it takes way to damn long to kill them.

What's the GAF Tera Mumble info? Are there seperate rooms set up on the server if we want to just talk to our current party?

The guild is still "Believe". I'll bump you up when I log in this afternoon.

I have some alts but the closest one to your level is 25. I wouldn't be able to catch up in levels until this weekend maybe.

Mumble is believe.mumble.com, port 5756. When I logged in, there seemed to be some additional rooms available to use.

LuuKyK

I just started playing this and its amazing! The world really shines and the first unicorn (? lol) flight was extremely beautiful. But I am having a hard time leveling up my pretty sorcerer at lumbertown, those little flying monsters are so annoying, they keep chasing me everywhere. I guess it is a difficulty spike, because I grinded quite a lot in the Island before departing. I am kinda overwhelmed by all the information right now, I dont have a clue how to synt. things at all. Its really confusing x_x. But I am enjoying it overall. Just felt like sharing this. :p

Alrus

This has to be the longest "regular server maintenance" I have experienced in a mmo. I wonder what's the issue they're trying to fix.

Kammie

I seriously went through withdrawal during this maintenance. lol

Going out now to buy a gaming mouse just for Tera... I want to run around as a zerker while charging, but it's just nearly impossible to be mobile with the keyboard. :)

Going out now to buy a gaming mouse just for Tera... I want to run around as a zerker while charging, but it's just nearly impossible to be mobile with the keyboard. :)

I highly recommend the Logitech G600!

Great quality, clearly defined thumb buttons, additional ring finger button is awesome for escape abilities like backstep and such.

NeOak

Razer Naga.

NeOak

We should probably use the same website. I can't check the site from work but when I get a chance, I'll take a look and we can discuss how to handle roster and forum management, if needed.

I'm checking how to integrate it, but the damn thing forces me to choose a server, so all chars show as part of the one in Tempest Reach as soon as they are added.

Top Bottom