• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Coverly

Wonder if I'm the only person still playing with a controller, game feels made for it :|

I use the controller, I find it easier to get to the skills I need that way. Only negative is remembering where you placed everything if you stop playing for a while.

I do switch to the mouse/kb for management though, like inventory or trading.

vesp

They desperately need to do something to the ui for controller, accept and deny need button prompts instead of emulating a mouse with the stick

Rinoa

I use the controller, I find it easier to get to the skills I need that way. Only negative is remembering where you placed everything if you stop playing for a while.

I do switch to the mouse/kb for management though, like inventory or trading.

Yeah I switch for that too.

To avoid forgetting where I mapped stuff, I map similar stuff across characters in the same places.

Kammie

I highly recommend the Logitech G600!

Great quality, clearly defined thumb buttons, additional ring finger button is awesome for escape abilities like backstep and such.

Razer Naga.
Sorry guys, I'm in a third-world country here and jobless. I looked at both mice while looking for something this week (both looked really nice), but the price is prohibitive for me at the moment. I ended up getting a Logitech G400, which has 5 easy-to-use buttons I can use for charge moves, and the middle click wheel for something else. I think that should at least improve my mobility situation.

Edit: All done configuring it to my liking. Amazing how much more responsive battling feels!

Coverly

It says that I have 0 days remaining on my account. When I got back I couldn't use a chronoscroll and it looks like I can't buy a month of game-time from the site. Is there a way to extend my game time so that I don't get locked out until it goes f2p?

NeOak

It says that I have 0 days remaining on my account. When I got back I couldn't use a chronoscroll and it looks like I can't buy a month of game-time from the site. Is there a way to extend my game time so that I don't get locked out until it goes f2p?

You can ask support for 30 days in exchange for 2000 gold.

NeOak

Ok, added ranks, some questions to the application questionnaire and the MT server as a "secondary game" in case you wanna use that too.

I guess with this we can use the same web for both servers, and in case there is a Believe guild in a 3rd server, all its needed is to add ranks and a 3rd game.

I highly recommend the Logitech G600!

Great quality, clearly defined thumb buttons, additional ring finger button is awesome for escape abilities like backstep and such.

For people who don't like million-button mice, I use a Logitech G13 with an ordinary 2-button + wheel Logitech mouse. It's a good combination for my play. There's a thumbstick on the G13 so I can move while charging a skill.

Wonder if I'm the only person still playing with a controller, game feels made for it :|

Later on when you have a skill bar full of skills, it's going to be really hard to play with a controller and do everything you need to do.

Been using a controller since day 1.

Classes that don't have to aim, such as berserker, works pretty well with it. It might not be the most efficient, but it's definitely doable.

Styles

I think I prefer controller over the Keyboard. My only gripe would be the UI control. Navigating with the mouse cursor can be frustrating.

I finally reached level 60 today, after 6 months, yay!

T.O.P

Banned
Wasted 4k to get my Obscura disc to +9 (+12 will stay where it is, not a chance that i'll waste so much time and gold on this lol)

Now i'll start workin on a decent Cloth Armor, i used the PvP set for a while, time to get something decent for PvE

Jomjom

Banned
Did anyone here get their Tera from Best Buy? The regular version of the game came with a Blue Roan mount as stated on the cover of the game. Is this mount a separate code or is it just from the activation code?

The reason I ask is because my account was created from the activation code from a CE version of the game. I know you can't register more than one activation code on a single account.

If your account is already CE, it can't be downgraded to regular. The CE Frost Lion mount is faster than all mounts except for the cash shop fire horse and the vanarch carpet horse anyways and it looks cooler too. And it roars!

NeOak

If your account is already CE, it can't be downgraded to regular. The CE Frost Lion mount is faster than all mounts except for the cash shop fire horse and the vanarch carpet horse anyways and it looks cooler too. And it roars!

Fire horse is 280 too. Only vanarch and battleground horses are 290.

Jomjom

Banned
Ah so the Blue Roan is tied to the game's activation code then?

I'm one of those pet/mount collectors in MMOs where I just have to have every single pet and mount I can get my hands on. That's a bit disappointing, but I guess it's good that the CE mount is so fast!

NeOak

Ah so the Blue Roan is tied to the game's activation code then?

I'm one of those pet/mount collectors in MMOs where I just have to have every single pet and mount I can get my hands on. That's a bit disappointing, but I guess it's good that the CE mount is so fast!

Yeah, its tied to the code, like the Lion.

cilonen

Fire horse is 280 too. Only vanarch and battleground horses are 290.

I can't register as cilonen on the new site, name unavailable :/ ... do I need to re-register or am I missing something?

Edit: OK, no worries, I just signed up as cilonen_GAF and put an application in :)

NeOak - I'll dump PP as soon as the vanarchy switches in an hour before turning in if I don't catch you in game.. this week has been a pig, I slipped cutting something up and sliced the palm of my keyboard hand open with a boxcutter. Huge bandage and can't do anything quickly with that hand :(

Ainaurdur

NeOak - I'll dump PP as soon as the vanarchy switches in an hour before turning in if I don't catch you in game.. this week has been a pig, I slipped cutting something up and sliced the palm of my keyboard hand open with a boxcutter. Huge bandage and can't do anything quickly with that hand :(

I am cringing in pain for you. Hope it heals up quickly!

Jomjom

Banned
Yeah, its tied to the code, like the Lion.

Just finished live chatting with Tera Support and the GM guy kept telling me that there should be a separate code for the mount. He said even if it doesn't though I can register the game and just have two game accounts on my 1 master account and then on request they can merge the accounts so I can have all the items on one game account.

Anyone have any experience with this or is the GM just blowing smoke up my ass?

NeOak

Just finished live chatting with Tera Support and the GM guy kept telling me that there should be a separate code for the mount. He said even if it doesn't though I can register the game and just have two game accounts on my 1 master account and then on request they can merge the accounts so I can have all the items on one game account.

Anyone have any experience with this or is the GM just blowing smoke up my ass?

They can do that afaik.

Kammie

I'm on level 42, and at this very point I'm at I have to say that the instance matching is sadly sucking. There is NO ONE playing the Necromancer Tomb. It's pretty obvious that there's probably a gap between the lvl 28 Discovery accounts and then the people who played the game earlier and are closer to 60. Hopefully when it goes F2P there's a bit more distribution around the board, because being in queue for 1 hour and not even making it in is an awful experience. :(

KePoW

Banned
I'm on level 42, and at this very point I'm at I have to say that the instance matching is sadly sucking. There is NO ONE playing the Necromancer Tomb. It's pretty obvious that there's probably a gap between the lvl 28 Discovery accounts and then the people who played the game earlier and are closer to 60. Hopefully when it goes F2P there's a bit more distribution around the board, because being in queue for 1 hour and not even making it in is an awful experience. :(

If you're a Lancer or Warrior, you get instant queues mostly. There's too many people playing strictly DPS in this game, like you =P

Qvoth

1 question about global shouts selling equipments... when they say wts Y item for X k amount, do they mean X thousand gold? or X gold? just being curious about the market price on end game items... as of now @ level 32 i have 50+ ish gold so if they meant X thousand gold then that's just nuts

i generally don't use instance matching, i have a better chance of finding pt by just standing outside a dungeon portal, usually there's a bunch of trial account people standing there too, just invite them to start a party
at least that's my experience in BoL and SM so far, only time i got into instance pt was in BoL

Qvoth

oh wow.....
anyway, i heard crafting is pointless in this game? because i haven't touched them at all
i know gathering is useful because when you max all you get an extra inventory row

i think i saw a post in the tera forums saying crafting isn't a good way of earning money in the game because nobody buys anything?

should i not bother with crafting too?

NeOak

oh wow.....
anyway, i heard crafting is pointless in this game? because i haven't touched them at all
i know gathering is useful because when you max all you get an extra inventory row

i think i saw a post in the tera forums saying crafting isn't a good way of earning money in the game because nobody buys anything?

Crafting is useless for earning money because:

1. Anything under T14 is not worth it
2. Anyone can level crafting with the quests
3. T14 Visionmaker/Conjunct is non-tradeable and Conjunct is Bind-on-Pickup

Kammie

If you're a Lancer or Warrior, you get instant queues mostly. There's too many people playing strictly DPS in this game, like you =P
Darn. :(

oh wow.....

The only thing I (as a zerker noob) use crafting for is potions. I had a point in the game where the quests weren't giving me any, and using an elixir to recover 150HP per second was not cutting it... I was dying pretty often when things got ugly. I crafted about 150 Potion IVs (yeah, I got carried away), and those now always get me out of a jam and let me run away/buy some time until I'm healed. lol. I've even put some up for sale and made most of my money back.

Just saw a Berserker annihilate someone in a duel. I inspected him and he had like 70+ extra PVP damage combined from his weapons and bonuses.

I really hate how gear based the PVP is in this game. :/

Just saw a Berserker annihilate someone in a duel. I inspected him and he had like 70+ extra PVP damage combined from his weapons and bonuses.

I really hate how gear based the PVP is in this game. :/
PvP in this game is 100% based on what class you are and what gear you have. There is 0% skill factor in this game's PvP. The only exception is if you find someone the same class as you and who has roughly comparable gear as you to duel with. Sad but true. This game has the worst PvP balance of any MMO I've ever played and that includes Aion.

Kammie

Man, so when I bought that special alkeheist to make a +7 enchantment and paid 20 gold for it... well, I should have known I was going to need way more of them. lol. What a ridiculous ramp in price. I can't even imagine how much money one must burn upgrading LV60 gear (the post about it earlier today scared me). Not gonna bother with this until I start getting final gear, no matter what.

cilonen

Man, so when I bought that special alkeheist to make a +7 enchantment and paid 20 gold for it... well, I should have known I was going to need way more of them. lol. What a ridiculous ramp in price. I can't even imagine how much money one must burn upgrading LV60 gear (the post about it earlier today scared me). Not gonna bother with this until I start getting final gear, no matter what.

Quest Reward gear is good enough until you hit 60; then look for cheap t13 gear on the broker and just +6 it with the cheap alka until you've got your t14 set to really go nuts on.

2San

PvP in this game is 100% based on what class you are and what gear you have. There is 0% skill factor in this game's PvP. The only exception is if you find someone the same class as you and who has roughly comparable gear as you to duel with. Sad but true. This game has the worst PvP balance of any MMO I've ever played and that includes Aion.
Funny thing is till lvl 60 the balance is pretty decent.

Kammie

Quest Reward gear is good enough until you hit 60; then look for cheap t13 gear on the broker and just +6 it with the cheap alka until you've got your t14 set to really go nuts on.
The best stuff I've gotten so far have been gold drops on the instance dungeons. Sometimes I get lucky... like when I got four gold axes in a row, one being enchantable! But yeah, I'll definitely wait till the T14, like you say.

NeOak

So i randomly declared GvG on other guilds. Yeah, should have done it with time but w/e. What's done its done.

Gotta get ready for that damn faction wars.

2San

Not really. Anyone with a 2 levels difference from you, they either wreck you or you wreck them.
Not in my experience, the 3 man party I rolled with destroyed everything 3 levels up even if we where out numbered(3v6 being the biggest win). The gear difference is minimal pre-60.

Kammie

So i randomly declared GvG on other guilds. Yeah, should have done it with time but w/e. What's done its done.

Gotta get ready for that damn faction wars.
How does this work? Do I just have to fight whatever opponent guild members I come across? Are there party fights? Will all the lvl 60ers kick my ass? lol

Also, what do we get from this as a guild?

Edit: No need to answer, already found out.

Man... I got a notice about an enemy while I was fighting a BAM in a party. It took us a while, so I ignored it. After we finished we were riding off and out of nowhere someone comes and one-hit kills me. It was so fast I didn't even see them. lol

T.O.P

Banned
dafuq 38 minutes of waiting for entering my server?

i noticed an increase in players in the afternoon Nexus, but what the fuck

i'm gonna miss it :/

Qvoth

The only thing I (as a zerker noob) use crafting for is potions. I had a point in the game where the quests weren't giving me any, and using an elixir to recover 150HP per second was not cutting it... I was dying pretty often when things got ugly. I crafted about 150 Potion IVs (yeah, I got carried away), and those now always get me out of a jam and let me run away/buy some time until I'm healed. lol. I've even put some up for sale and made most of my money back.

potions crafting is alchemy right?
are there crafting quests in this game? in ff14 there are crafting quests where they basically give you the materials needed and then you craft them so basically you don't spend any of your money to level up crafting... how does it work in this game if you want to level crafting?
i'm still @ level 37 though and i'm trial account so i can't use trade broker to buy or sell lol

Kammie

potions crafting is alchemy right?
are there crafting quests in this game? in ff14 there are crafting quests where they basically give you the materials needed and then you craft them so basically you don't spend any of your money to level up crafting... how does it work in this game if you want to level crafting?
i'm still @ level 37 though and i'm trial account so i can't use trade broker to buy or sell lol
It's alchemy, yeah.

I don't know about the crafting quests in the game. There are some that you find on the mission boards. But the first crafting tutorial asked me to make 25 of an item, and I had to spend about 1 gold of my money to purchase all the components for it. That was the first and last time I ever looked at something crafting-related that the game made me do. Besides, it's very cost-intensive and time-consuming, and I'm not even sure that the items are worth the tradeoff. I just spent the time necessary to make health/mana potions to be able to survive a bit more easily.

You level up your crafting by always crafting an item that's the highest skill level next to your experience. After a while certain items won't net any exp, so you have to move onto more complicated ones.

Top Bottom