• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Tankshell

Just tried to reinstall this, haven't played for 6 months... launcher opens then quickly disappears. And that's it. Basically game won't start. Was working fine 6 months ago when I was playing it regularly. Sigh.

NeOak

Just tried to reinstall this, haven't played for 6 months... launcher opens then quickly disappears. And that's it. Basically game won't start. Was working fine 6 months ago when I was playing it regularly. Sigh.

Its blocked by your ISP termporarily. Happened to me.

Disable your internet
Open the launcher and wait until it opens the dialog that it couldnt connect
Enable your internet
Click on Retry

NeOak

They're fine, just don't expect to be killing things quite as quickly as other classes solo.

Edit: Actually, even saying that is deceptive. Even mystic can kill things plenty quickly. The main thing about mystic/priest is that their skills are designed for good damage and survivability against smallfry/PvP (mystic, for example, at low levels, relies heavily on a a strong slowish point-blank attack that is great for blasting quest mobs) but not for spamming against bosses that can trample/cleave/etc. you. Questing with others will still be your best bet, though. You gain kill speed from a DD partner, and DD lose downtime thanks to you.

Submitted the most srs guild application ever :eek:

You two said that you don't wanna PvP.

We are going to get the 2 GvG provinces, so either you get your gear, or you'll have a weeklong vacation for the next two elections.

And we are going to play the factions game, so you DO need PvP gear and know how to PvP.

notworksafe, you need to get to 60 asap, level 9 is too low and we aren't a leveling guild anymore.

notworksafe

Doesn't the FFXIV 2.0 beta start in like 2 weeks? You're going to play this game for 2 weeks and quit or something?

Oh shit it does? I thought it wasn't for a while. :O Well hmm...fuck powerleveling enough to PvP (yawn). I'll just play at my own pace for fun until the beta starts.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Was just about to start playing after I created a character on Tempest Reach yesterday. The server's down, but it's not because of the high population is it?

Kammie

Was just about to start playing after I created a character on Tempest Reach yesterday. The server's down, but it's not because of the high population is it?
I was idling and got kicked off with an error message like when they do maintenance, but I was able to sign back on after the character screen took about 30 seconds to load. Tempest Reach as well.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well all my friends playing decided to play on the new PvP server since MT had queues and they're not founders, of course they'll probably never spend a dime but anyways was excited to play on MT. I guess now I have to reroll or start another char sigh. Only lvl 12 on MT but would prefer to stick with 1 server bleh.

Kammie

Are there any plans to allow more than 40 people in your friends list? I see people on the official forums complaining about this back when the game released. This is pretty ridiculous, not to mention just simply inexcusable.

OatmealMu

Oops.

I was questing in Fey Forest when I came across a mob chasing after a panda-looking thing. The panda-looking thing showed no interest in the mob so I figured, "Hey, free prey." So, I began wailing on the lumpy rock monster and quickly finished the job in a few seconds. I spot another mob I need to kill and go on my merry way. But what's this?! The panda-looking thing is attacking me? Oh, his name is red? And that means I can attack him without bringing up some sort of "Do you really wanna kill this dude?" menu?

Good to know, Tera. Good to know.

SmallWind

Well all my friends playing decided to play on the new PvP server since MT had queues and they're not founders, of course they'll probably never spend a dime but anyways was excited to play on MT. I guess now I have to reroll or start another char sigh. Only lvl 12 on MT but would prefer to stick with 1 server bleh.
You can transfer your new char back to MT when its level 40+. https://twitter.com/TERAonline/status/298991969248612353

Cystm

Are there any plans to allow more than 40 people in your friends list? I see people on the official forums complaining about this back when the game released. This is pretty ridiculous, not to mention just simply inexcusable.

lol.

NeOak

You can transfer your new char back to MT when its level 40+. https://twitter.com/TERAonline/status/298991969248612353

Nope, you can't. New servers are separate from the old ones. The got their own instance matching and battlegrounds.

Something about the new servers having no gear, no economy, etc so they would be treated as pariahs by people from the old servers.

You know, like CH is.

A patch will bring that to 80.

Coverly

Are there enough GAFfers to party with? If not, how easy it is to team up with strangers?

It's extremely easy to team up with strangers. Leveled up my priest just running around. most of the quests can be done solo, but it was easy to run up to someone and ask if they wanted to group. For instances and bams, most people want to group anyways, and sometimes they will go out of their way to make sure you finish the quest too.

As for gaffers or guild members, it depends. I usually look up who's online in the guild screen and then ask or pm them if they want to group up if they are near my level. Right now I'm leveling with a friend and we're both level 26 I think. If you get to our level you're welcome to join us anytime (my name is sotie in the clan).

Wow, there's a login queue for MT right now even though I'm a Founder. Dat server capacity. EME really is an amazing company, how did they go through what they did at launch and not learn any lessons from it?

edit: Aaaand, MT just crashed again.

Kammie

Got the worst lag so far! In an instance, there was like a 5 minute delay between typing into chat and having it show up. And loot would show up as picked up about 10-15 minutes after the fact.

There's got to be some crazy load on the servers. Hopefully they're able to sort it out. I did notice that Valika was performing a lot better than it was yesterday.

A patch will bring that to 80.
That's good to hear, thanks.

T.O.P

Banned
Ok the EU broker is back to life, prices are slightly higher (still better than before) and the good gear available has doubled

And i also wasted 50 MW scrolls trying to get my Obscura disc upgraded lol
I'll be stucked at +9 for a while e.e

Valygar

Downloading it right now. Almost downloaded USA version, i just googled tera and went to enmasse webpage, I did not see any mention of it being a usa client.

So... any euro-gaf guild? I am probably going to pick a popori slayer, seems the most fun.

Wow, there's a login queue for MT right now even though I'm a Founder. Dat server capacity. EME really is an amazing company, how did they go through what they did at launch and not learn any lessons from it?

This is exactly what I was thinking yesterday. How do they not have their shit together by now regarding server infrastructure and capacity planning?

Slacker

I actually would say they have learned, as the problems are being resolved relatively quickly this time around. These kind of issues are almost 100% unavoidable in MMO launch situations. EME has all the statistics in hand telling them how many players are trying to log in at any given time, as well as projections of how many more players will join up now that it's F2P. They also know that the numbers spike up wildly for the first few days while everyone is trying to check out the changes at the same time, but will typically smooth out into a more predictable pattern.

It's unrealistic to expect a company like EME to spend what I imagine would amount to tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of dollars to provide a 100% smooth launch, when all of that new infrastructure won't be needed only days later. Even heavy-hitters like Blizzard really don't do this (recall server problems with every launch ever?), so I certainly wouldn't expect it from relatively wee-little EME.

From ‏@TERAonline
Welcome committee
LAt9P6M.jpg

Welcome to Tera

OatmealMu

il3PZSRtQtCYt.png

How the hell do get this thing off? I tried clicking the little eye in my equipment screen, but the thing won't go away. That's what I get for wonton double-clicking.

I still don't understand why my account status is only Elite. I bought on Amazon two weeks ago and input the key...Someone mentioned they have both Elite and Founder's status doing the same thing...

Tell them to join us on MT instead! The queue is really short. It was only long yesterday due to the login and server issues with everyone trying to log back in at once.

RPGCrazied

Looks great now, but only get 15fps. Anything I can set in the ini to help? I did see that Ambient Occlusion was on, going to try with that off. I know that's a pretty performance killer.

I'm almost level 9 sorcerer.

Do the instances get any more varied or are they all just kill mobs and go forward?

And is it just me... or are instances in this... pretty boring? Too much shit going on makes it seem... like a clusterfuck. I think I have more fun fighting BAMS.

Paprikka

il3PZSRtQtCYt.png

How the hell do get this thing off? I tried clicking the little eye in my equipment screen, but the thing won't go away. That's what I get for wonton double-clicking.

Is it a costume piece? When you open the character sheet the second tab at the top has a few more equipment slots for various costume pieces.

Top Bottom