• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

T.O.P

Banned
Stefan™;47484286 said:
So last night me, my friend and a guild member grouped up with 3 other players to form a raid party and we went around and hunt down Dracoloth Sovereigns in the outskirts of Velika I acquired 100+ refined alkahests from the 6 that we killed, one of them even dropped 50 of them at one point. o.o I also sold about 500 gold worth of equipment from the drops. All in all a very fun and productive evening.

Is this a NA event? Where can i find these Bams exactly :/

Hi guys, I registered on the guild website and was accepted, but can't figure out how to actually get invited. Who do I message?

EDIT: Trilluminati in-game.

NeOak

Hi guys, I registered on the guild website and was accepted, but can't figure out how to actually get invited. Who do I message?

EDIT: Trilluminati in-game.

I've been trying to whisper you. You can contact Squishy, Auru, Neleesa or Mie, as well as me (Serena).

NeOak

I see Gaffers who applied. Unfortunately we wont be taking lower than 60 for the next month due to GvG.

In fact, we are requiring everyone to have full set of Fraywind by March 15th.

Valygar

Can I play in the USA servers with the USA client if I'm from Europe, or there is a problem with ping / not being allowed to?

Agkel

Those of us that bought the Amazon digital key at $10 dont get one month of elite status?
I just started playing, even though I registered the 5th, and noticed I'm not elite just founder

edit: Also, is the dracoloth mask i get in claim character bound or can I exchange it with other characterS?

Agkel

Found the answer in the FAQ

"Yes. If you activate a full copy of TERA you will receive permanent founder status for your account. you can do this at any time, even after TERA lifts the subscription. Please note that any game account applied after February 3rd will not be granted 30 days of elite status or any bonus EMP for the purchase."

Nopren

Can I play in the USA servers with the USA client if I'm from Europe, or there is a problem with ping / not being allowed to?

I do that, without needing to use proxy or anything. My ping is usually 130 ms, but I usually play ranged classes and don't find it to be a problem.

Erasus

Got to lvl 20 in 3 days on a preist! The zones are beautfiul and very varied, you dont stay too long in 1 zone!

Team up with a few guys to fight the basilisk BAM quests and BoL dungeon! So fun. The game is amazing.
Fighting a BAM felt like an actual boss fight. Aggro system is great too, it picks up that Im the healer. Fire off 2 in a row and it WILL land its as on me. So cool.
Also I have to somewhat aim my heals now

Made a slayer too, melee is actually a bit more fun... Zerkers seem slow though and I hear Warriors have low deepees. Only get my Slayer to 7 but its fun.

Too bad its only using 2 CPU cores.... >.< AMD am cry

If this is for the PvE one, No.

Let me take this opportunity to say all gaffers are welcome on the PVP server! We're currently a small family of about 10-15 active members (100 or so total) and growing. We are very helpful and lots of fun. Roll on Mount Tyrannas and join us!

T.O.P

Banned
If this is for the PvE one, No.

I freakin love my guild, but we should start doing the same asap

Between the 260 members i think there's about 15-16 of us who plays decently and has good gear

Only think we do in getting Elected gor Vanarch and helps the newcomers with bams and such, gvg is pretty much impossible to do this way and i'm getting tired of it

Overall, I made some decent progress this weekend. Got my Voidcutter to +9 relatively painlessly (1 fail), rolled for Masterwork but failed and got double attack speed instead (that works!), earned almost enough credits from Battlegrounds to get the Fraywind body (around 1100 or so), did some Nexus Traverse, farmed a ton of gold and rep through mobs and dailies, and leveled some alts.

Battlegrounds is surprisingly a lot more fun and interesting than I thought it would be.

Gear still plays a strong role in deciding the victor, one-shots happen fairly often, and a lot of the time you will feel completely helpless against players with really good gear. Facing someone with a full Masterwork VM or Conjunct set? Might as well AFK and get it over with. Teams can sometimes end up extremely unbalanced and I don't know how I feel about getting matched up with people from PVE servers. It seems strange to pair PVE and PVP servers together for Battlegrounds. The majority of my losses this weekend seemed to happen when paired with a lot of Tempest Reach or Celestial Hills players. It can't be fair for either side as PVE players would probably have a lot better balanced matches if paired with other PVE players. Maybe they were concerned that not enough PVE players would be interested in Battlegrounds or maybe they were just too lazy to change the matchmaking code since there is no PVE in K-TERA (i think they did eventually add one server). Some of the imbalance may be caused by my ranking. You don't get ranked until you have played at least ten games and I don't think the rankings update in real time. Not having much a ranking probably lead to being paired with a lot of other inexperienced and unranked players.

I really hate Sorcs in Battlegrounds. Berserkers don't have any good ways to escape their nukes other than popping dash and praying or charging into an Evasive Smash roll. 1v1 it's easy enough to block through most attacks but it's unavoidable when you have multiple Sorcs dropping down GTAOEs all over the ground. I think Sorcs have accounted for more of my deaths than anyone else in the 13 or 14 matches that I have played so far. After going 0/8 one match, I'm starting to be a little more careful when I see them in larger numbers now.

Despite my complaints, I really enjoy playing Battlegrounds and it's some of the most fun I have had with the game outside of doing dungeons and GvGs (before things got extremely lame with safe zones, lowbie farming, camping, GM switching, etc.). I wish there was more than 1 map for 15v15. At least 3 different maps would be ideal.

EDIT: Nexus is still complete SHIT. Remove it from the game and just add Nexus Traverse to the instance matcher and let people queue for it 2-3 times a day on the same schedule as regular Nexus. Nexus Traverse is almost fun but having to suffer through regular Nexus bullshit to get there is frustrating.

Styles

So I got the Insight Serena gave me to MW status after using 2 MESs. Of course my luck quickly ran out when I tried to get the perfect bonuses... I've basically wasted 10k on SBs and IISs and MESs...

omlet

EDIT: Nexus is still complete SHIT. Remove it from the game and just add Nexus Traverse to the instance matcher and let people queue for it 2-3 times a day on the same schedule as regular Nexus. Nexus Traverse is almost fun but having to suffer through regular Nexus bullshit to get there is frustrating.

I would totally support this.

T.O.P

Banned

yeah i like the idea, i stopped doing NT since F2P came in, the loot is even more shitty than before and even if i decide to do just two Nexus then enter traverse is still a huge pain in the ass, not entering means the game being unplayable, so i usually just wait for it to ends :/

i did 3 runs of Crucible yesterday, love these timed instances, R1 is pretty easy, R2 is where things starts getting serious, as a sorc i hardly have any problem cuz of the range and because i became pretty good in bams fight with time, but especially the first boss if the close range in the party donnow how things work there's a huge chance of a complete wipe without notice

last boss is OP lol

will try R3 tonight, if i can get a decent droup :3

NeOak

I freakin love my guild, but we should start doing the same asap

Between the 260 members i think there's about 15-16 of us who plays decently and has good gear

Only think we do in getting Elected gor Vanarch and helps the newcomers with bams and such, gvg is pretty much impossible to do this way and i'm getting tired of it

Unfortunately, we were a guild that was nice and all, but that people felt wasn't an endgame guild. We got too casual.

After the first month, when a lot of gaffers just stopped playing, I started recruiting a lot of people based on the reputation we had built.

Some of those people have stuck with us through several difficulties, and I felt it was unfair to them to have this problem.

In fact, some of the gaffers mentioned this was a problem too with the FFXIV guild: too casual.

If whoever rolls in the PvE server is willing to dedicate the time and get geared, you're more than welcome. But we aren't gearing people anymore so they can go and join another fucking guild when they get +12 at our expense.

Overall, I made some decent progress this weekend. Got my Voidcutter to +9 relatively painlessly (1 fail), rolled for Masterwork but failed and got double attack speed instead (that works!), earned almost enough credits from Battlegrounds to get the Fraywind body (around 1100 or so), did some Nexus Traverse, farmed a ton of gold and rep through mobs and dailies, and leveled some alts.

Battlegrounds is surprisingly a lot more fun and interesting than I thought it would be.

Gear still plays a strong role in deciding the victor, one-shots happen fairly often, and a lot of the time you will feel completely helpless against players with really good gear. Facing someone with a full Masterwork VM or Conjunct set? Might as well AFK and get it over with. Teams can sometimes end up extremely unbalanced and I don't know how I feel about getting matched up with people from PVE servers. It seems strange to pair PVE and PVP servers together for Battlegrounds. The majority of my losses this weekend seemed to happen when paired with a lot of Tempest Reach or Celestial Hills players. It can't be fair for either side as PVE players would probably have a lot better balanced matches if paired with other PVE players. Maybe they were concerned that not enough PVE players would be interested in Battlegrounds or maybe they were just too lazy to change the matchmaking code since there is no PVE in K-TERA (i think they did eventually add one server). Some of the imbalance may be caused by my ranking. You don't get ranked until you have played at least ten games and I don't think the rankings update in real time. Not having much a ranking probably lead to being paired with a lot of other inexperienced and unranked players.

I really hate Sorcs in Battlegrounds. Berserkers don't have any good ways to escape their nukes other than popping dash and praying or charging into an Evasive Smash roll. 1v1 it's easy enough to block through most attacks but it's unavoidable when you have multiple Sorcs dropping down GTAOEs all over the ground. I think Sorcs have accounted for more of my deaths than anyone else in the 13 or 14 matches that I have played so far. After going 0/8 one match, I'm starting to be a little more careful when I see them in larger numbers now.

Despite my complaints, I really enjoy playing Battlegrounds and it's some of the most fun I have had with the game outside of doing dungeons and GvGs (before things got extremely lame with safe zones, lowbie farming, camping, GM switching, etc.). I wish there was more than 1 map for 15v15. At least 3 different maps would be ideal.

First, you shouldn't have skipped the victor gear for doing PvP. PvE gear right now is the same as walking naked around the battleground.

Second, I see you have discovered the disadvantages of solo queuing. The people in TR who do BGs usually do premades, and you basically got stuck in the team comprised of solo queues versus premades with full conjunct or Visionmaker.

Heck, people from MT QQ'ed about Anime doing 10 man premades with VM weapons. So much for the "harcoars".

As for GvG, we are gearing to do the factions content. That is instanced OwPvP.

Nexus, they replaced it with a system in KTERA where 120 people do a node and then enter Traverse. The amount of credits was increased to compensate. We probably will be this in early march due to being the Jan 31 KTERA patch and we got what was released until the Jan 10 F2P one.

NeOak

Stefan™;47574629 said:
So I got the Insight Serena gave me to MW status after using 2 MESs. Of course my luck quickly ran out when I tried to get the perfect bonuses... I've basically wasted 10k on SBs and IISs and MESs...

I probably spent 60k on rerolls. And that was with spellbind at 16g.

2? Lucky bastard. I can't MW my conjunct chest :(

First, you shouldn't have skipped the victor gear for doing PvP. PvE gear right now is the same as walking naked around the battleground.

Second, I see you have discovered the disadvantages of solo queuing. The people in TR who do BGs usually do premades, and you basically got stuck in the team comprised of solo queues versus premades with full conjunct or Visionmaker.

Heck, people from MT QQ'ed about Anime doing 10 man premades with VM weapons. So much for the "harcoars".

As for GvG, we are gearing to do the factions content. That is instanced OwPvP.

Nexus, they replaced it with a system in KTERA where 120 people do a node and then enter Traverse. The amount of credits was increased to compensate. We probably will be this in early march due to being the Jan 31 KTERA patch and we got what was released until the Jan 10 F2P one.

I didn't. I have the full Victor set including weapon (Heightfall) and used that until I got my Voidcutter to +9 with double attack speed, which at that point pretty much eclipsed that weapon by a large margin. I'll switch my Voidcutter for a Pyre axe or something better in the future but currently working to upgrade my armor first. I also have the 4 HQ Zyrks that increase PVP damage but I might try switching to the damage reduction ones instead.

I usually queue together with 2-4 other GAF guild members but we just don't have enough level 60s at the moment to queue in larger groups. A few more people are getting closer to 60 though.

Current Win/Loss is about 1:1 and K/D is about 0.75:1, so not too bad for being undergeared. I was about 1:1 K/D for a while until a string of bad matches on Sunday.

The Nexus changes sound much better but I still wonder about coordinating 120 people per node. Hopefully the update hits NA soon.

Styles

I probably spent 60k on rerolls. And that was with spellbind at 16g.

2? Lucky bastard. I can't MW my conjunct chest :(

Dear Lord. At least gold is easy to come by these days. I've made about 5k from selling leather equipment and warrior weapons that sell for 500+ gold each.

Makki

It's so strange how the hardcore PVP guild is on the PVE server and the PVP server guild has barely anyone. Good luck with your restructuring towards a PVP decked out force.

Also, the whole gaffer using the Neogaf guild and bailing out with profits/geared out has happened so many times I doubt it will change. I remember back in Aion 2 gaffers made out with the whole Guild Bank's valuables.

It's so strange how the hardcore PVP guild is on the PVE server and the PVP server guild has barely anyone. Good luck with your restructuring towards a PVP decked out force.

Also, the whole gaffer using the Neogaf guild and bailing out with profits/geared out has happened so many times I doubt it will change. I remember back in Aion 2 gaffers made out with the whole Guild Bank's valuables.

Yeah. I did the hardcore thing and it's just not very fun. Maybe I'm just too casual now myself. lol

Wow... having someone wipe out the bank and steal everything would be pretty shitty. I would like to think a mod on GAF would ban someone's account for something like that.

Actually, I think we need to create another rank to lock down our own guild bank access a bit more. There were a lot of users already in the guild and I was unsure if they were GAF members, vouched for by other members, or just randoms. Most accounts that had member names as notes or already marked as a "gaffer" by the old rank, I let stand. I will probably do a clean up based on last login time (not removal) and demote those people until they log in and can either provide a GAF name or someone that can vouch for them. There is currently a "recruit" status which has practically zero access and that would be used for any new members not known by GAF and they would remain that rank for an uncertain amount of time until they are deemed trustworthy.

Honestly, the guild system needs to be overhauled to allow more permissions for officers and better bank access security. Being able to secure each tab individually would be great. While I'm at it, they also need to make guild membership account based or at least give you the option instead of inflating everyone's numbers artificially with alts.

Let me take this opportunity to say all gaffers are welcome on the PVP server! We're currently a small family of about 10-15 active members (100 or so total) and growing. We are very helpful and lots of fun. Roll on Mount Tyrannas and join us!

Come to the best server which has plenty of gear on the broker, lots of people leveling, and a chance of suddenly dying while leveling! It's fun for the whole family!

Dicer

Banned
Well, if the GAF guild on Tempest is only for the "hardcore" that kinda sucks...maybe someone should make a secondary guild, just seems kind of unfair.

NeOak

Well, if the GAF guild on Tempest is only for the "hardcore" that kinda sucks...maybe someone should make a secondary guild, just seems kind of unfair.

Its just not casual. And you need to apply on the website.

People play TERA, get to endgame and then say "too hard". You need a Monster Hunter/Dark Souls mentality to do endgame like its meant to.

That "too hard" attitude is what has killed countless guilds in the game, including the PvP GAF guild.

Kammie

The Battlegrounds are ridiculous. If the whole PvP game is based on gear stats, would it be too much to ask for battleground participants to be queued into different battles according to the type of gear they have (or hell, for PvE players not to be mixed with PvP ones)? It's a load of bullshit spending half my time under some type of stun and the other half getting killed by one or two hits.

NeOak

The Battlegrounds are ridiculous. If the whole PvP game is based on gear stats, would it be too much to ask for battleground participants to be queued into different battles according to the type of gear they have (or hell, for PvE players not to be mixed with PvP ones)? It's a load of bullshit spending half my time under some type of stun and the other half getting killed by one or two hits.

Unfortunately, that's how it is for the foreseeable future. Knox did mention BHS are looking into that but nothing concrete to share.

You can use Lethal Strike and/or Leaping Strike (usually both in succession) to book it out of Sorc spam or the center of the melee. Get used to using these skills as escapes now, because they are what Zerkers use as escapes on the Queen. Your Evasive Smash is more of a chase and damage skill, because when glyphed it actually hits harder than Thunderstrike. Yes, this is completely backwards of what was intended but our class was designed by retards apparently.

Kammie

Unfortunately, that's how it is for the foreseeable future. Knox did mention BHS are looking into that but nothing concrete to share.
It's a little silly, because you do have the equipment level that keeps you out of certain dungeons. Just weird they didn't consider something like that in the original design.

When I eventually get the Fraywind gear and enchant it, will that make me halfway competitive? Or will this keep happening until the day I get a Conjunct set?

You can use Lethal Strike and/or Leaping Strike (usually both in succession) to book it out of Sorc spam or the center of the melee. Get used to using these skills as escapes now, because they are what Zerkers use as escapes on the Queen. Your Evasive Smash is more of a chase and damage skill, because when glyphed it actually hits harder than Thunderstrike. Yes, this is completely backwards of what was intended but our class was designed by retards apparently.

That's good to know. I use Leaping Strike as an escape sometimes but I usually don't think about it. I'll give the Leaping Strike and Lethal Strike method a try. Do you have Lethal Strike glyphed to increase casting speed after Leaping? Also, are you running Evasive Smash glyphed? Is it worth it?

NeOak

It's a little silly, because you do have the equipment level that keeps you out of certain dungeons. Just weird they didn't consider something like that in the original design.

When I eventually get the Fraywind gear and enchant it, will that make me halfway competitive? Or will this keep happening until the day I get a Conjunct set?

Fraywind is good enough to allow you to compete.

NeOak

Ok, seems i was misunderstood a bit.

The PvE GAF guild is willing to take people who are semi-casual/semi-hardcore. This means people that are willing to get to 60 fast and do endgame content.

I won't lie: Hardmode dungeons have a painful learning curve. You will wipe the first times. What we want is people who are willing to push past that and do the content. Normal modes can teach the mechanics, but you should always strive to complete the hard mode ones.

You don't have to play everyday. You can set a schedule and play, say, 3 times a week to clear the dungeons. Thats enough.

What we don't want is people who are just "there" and do nothing.

As for PvP, its a part of the game that we don't participate much, and Korean grind of PvE dungeons plus the "westernization" that EME did (which made the game even more grindy) means that people burn out quickly. So its along the lines of wanting to do "everything" the game has to offer.

Of course, its not that RNG like before, when getting +9 on something meant saving gear and money for 2 weeks and still failing.

So what i'm going to do is this:

You can join, but do mind that we are going to get the 2 GvG provinces, so that means a week-long PvP ready status against the others who are competing for the same province. So if we have to fight another guild and you don't have PvP gear, you'll have to take a vacation from the guild from March 15th to the 22th.

One thing that we are enforcing is website registration at http://www.believe-tera.com/

It allows to give a heads up to everyone, set calendar dates, etc.

Dicer

Banned
Ok, seems i was misunderstood a bit.

The PvE GAF guild is willing to take people who are semi-casual/semi-hardcore. This means people that are willing to get to 60 fast and do endgame content.

I won't lie: Hardmode dungeons have a painful learning curve. You will wipe the first times. What we want is people who are willing to push past that and do the content. Normal modes can teach the mechanics, but you should always strive to complete the hard mode ones.

You don't have to play everyday. You can set a schedule and play, say, 3 times a week to clear the dungeons. Thats enough.

What we don't want is people who are just "there" and do nothing.

As for PvP, its a part of the game that we don't participate much, and Korean grind of PvE dungeons plus the "westernization" that EME did (which made the game even more grindy) means that people burn out quickly. So its along the lines of wanting to do "everything" the game has to offer.

Of course, its not that RNG like before, when getting +9 on something meant saving gear and money for 2 weeks and still failing.

So what i'm going to do is this:

You can join, but do mind that we are going to get the 2 GvG provinces, so that means a week-long PvP ready status against the others who are competing for the same province. So if we have to fight another guild and you don't have PvP gear, you'll have to take a vacation from the guild from March 15th to the 22th.

One thing that we are enforcing is website registration at http://www.believe-tera.com/

It allows to give a heads up to everyone, set calendar dates, etc.

That is fine...fair and balanced, unlike Fox news...I'll drop my app shortly ;)

That's good to know. I use Leaping Strike as an escape sometimes but I usually don't think about it. I'll give the Leaping Strike and Lethal Strike method a try. Do you have Lethal Strike glyphed to increase casting speed after Leaping? Also, are you running Evasive Smash glyphed? Is it worth it?

The order you want to use to escape AoE spam is Lethal Strike -> Leaping Strike. This is because Leaping Strike has this retarded problem where you stop moving forward on damage taken. So if you try to Leaping Strike out of Sorc puddles, you'll fly up in the air, take damage from the puddle, and fall straight down while still in it. So use Lethal Strike to reach the edge of the puddle, optionally run forward 1-2 steps to clear it, then Leaping Strike to get distance from the Sorc or close with him to show him the head of your axe up close and personal. If you're attacking, the Sorc will invariably use his backstep to evade, that's when you pop your Dash and close to within range of Stunning Strike -> Flatten and knock him down. Then you can have your way with him. Teehee.

Evasive Smash is something you can glyph if you have the spare points for it. You should focus on keeping glyphs on Cyclone and Thunderstrike. Once you've done ToT and SG a million times you'll have enough point reducing glyphs and then you can glyph the 25% damage increase and the 2x critrate you get from SG.

The order you want to use to escape AoE spam is Lethal Strike -> Leaping Strike. This is because Leaping Strike has this retarded problem where you stop moving forward on damage taken. So if you try to Leaping Strike out of Sorc puddles, you'll fly up in the air, take damage from the puddle, and fall straight down while still in it. So use Lethal Strike to reach the edge of the puddle, optionally run forward 1-2 steps to clear it, then Leaping Strike to get distance from the Sorc or close with him to show him the head of your axe up close and personal.

Evasive Smash is something you can glyph if you have the spare points for it. You should focus on keeping glyphs on Cyclone and Thunderstrike. Once you've done ToT and SG a million times you'll have enough point reducing glyphs and then you can glyph the 25% damage increase and the 2x critrate you get from SG.

Got it.

I have all the glyphs from TOT but haven't done SG yet. I'm guessing the 2x crit rate on ES is what makes it really effective. I tried glyphing it back in the day but it didn't seem worth it. Thanks.

NeOak

We&#8217;re bringing up a new PvP server called Valley of Titans. Or rather, bringing it back.
  • Transfers are allowed to and from this server, but the rules are slightly different than other servers.
    • The minimum level to transfer will be 20.
    • The maximum gold to transfer will be 50,000.
    • Any server will be able to transfer to this server.
    • All other transfer rules apply.
    • No prime titles will be available on this server.
  • This server will be on the same instance and battleground matching server as Celestial Hills, Mount Tyrannas, and Tempest Reach servers.

Oh boy

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-19040201

Babalu.

am i just blind? but where can i see what to buy from the valkyron outfitters?

I can see where to buy elite status, and where to buy EMP.

but wtf do you buy with EMP? I cant find prices for anything anywhere, not in the guide or even where you buy the actual stuff.

You used to be able to buy swimsuits/sunglasses/other stuff but I cant find those anymore either...

I just want to know what all those things cost in EMP because i'de like that blue halo that comes with buying EMP but i dont know what you buy with that EMP since I cant find any prices in EMP...

NeOak

am i just blind? but where can i see what to buy from the valkyron outfitters?

I can see where to buy elite status, and where to buy EMP.

but wtf do you buy with EMP? I cant find prices for anything anywhere, not in the guide or even where you buy the actual stuff.

You used to be able to buy swimsuits/sunglasses/other stuff but I cant find those anymore either...

I just want to know what all those things cost in EMP because i'de like that blue halo that comes with buying EMP but i dont know what you buy with that EMP since I cant find any prices in EMP...

Its in game, between the Social and Options icon when you press Alt.

Top Bottom