• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Tell them to join us on MT instead! The queue is really short. It was only long yesterday due to the login and server issues with everyone trying to log back in at once.

Would love to. But they're all lvl 20+ already and don't want to reroll or deal with queues especially since they won't ever pay up to get founders or any perk/benefit. Of course I really don't feel like starting over either even though I have a low level toon and I'm level the exact same class on their server too(lancer) bleh.

NeOak

Would love to. But they're all lvl 20+ already and don't want to reroll or deal with queues especially since they won't ever pay up to get founders or any perk/benefit. Of course I really don't feel like starting over either even though I have a low level toon and I'm level the exact same class on their server too(lancer) bleh.

They'll quit the game in a month or two with that attitude.

Nelo Ice

Banned
They'll quit the game in a month or two with that attitude.

Yeah I'm thinking I should just stay on MT even though it would be nice to play with them. They would rather make a new account for more toons than pay a dime for anything lol. And if or when queues start on the new server then they'll get impatient again.

NeOak

Yeah I'm thinking I should just stay on MT even though it would be nice to play with them. They would rather make a new account for more toons than pay a dime for anything lol. And if or when queues start on the new server then they'll get impatient again.

That casual attitude has no place at end game with stuff like Manaya's Core.

Anyone with an Nvidia card having trouble getting AA to stick? I added via inspector but it keeps dropping in Fullscreen mode. It only seems to stick in Windowed Fullscreen.

Edit: Nevermind. Switched the profile to 0x00000045 and that fixed it.

Kammie

Do the instances get any more varied or are they all just kill mobs and go forward?

And is it just me... or are instances in this... pretty boring? Too much shit going on makes it seem... like a clusterfuck. I think I have more fun fighting BAMS.
I just hit 58 and there's been a bit of variety in the instances. You're always killing, but they throw little things at you to change it up. In fact, many of these feel out of place in the game to me! Like they're mechanics that were invented just for a single encounter.

Also, I just tried Suryati's Peak. Holy crap it's brutal. We did about 6 runs on it, and while we got much better towards the end, it's just so unforgiving. We all pretty much decided to wait till 60 and to have better gear before attempting it again.

NeOak

For those who are leveling, here is what you need to do when you get to 60:

1. Do the dailies for both Jax Trust in Cutthroat Harbor and the Unified Theory Institute in Allemantheia
  2. Get Abyss/Queen's Wrath gear at least and +9 it as soon as possible
  3. Run Argon Corpus Normal to get used to the instance
  4. As soon as you got your Abyss and the faction gear to complement that, learn Argon Corpus Hard Mode
  5. Work on getting your Weapon Masterworked and enchant it to +12
  6. Try Manaya's Core Normal mode to get the knack of it
  7. Once you aren't a rookie anymore in MC NM (10 clears), move on to HM
  8. Farm Manaya's Core Hard Mode

All this while working on Fraywind gear from the battlegrounds on your spare time.

This is something i posted in our guild forums. The key here is persistence. All dungeons can be done, you just need to endure the pain that comes with learning.

Kammie

This is something i posted in our guild forums. The key here is persistence. All dungeons can be done, you just need to endure the pain that comes with learning.
Thanks for the tips. I was just about to ask the same thing!

It looks like I have a ton of reading/watching/learning to do.

NeOak

Thanks for the tips. I was just about to ask the same thing!

It looks like I have a ton of reading/watching/learning to do.

We are gonna enforce a less casual attitude in the guild from now on. The content can be done easily, but the "omg too hard" attitude is the one that stops people from doing Queen.

I mean, its super easy now to get geared for AC and MC, so there is basically no excuse to not do it.

Qvoth

hmm after checking tera europe site, doesn't seem like they're having the double dungeon drop thing but an egg thief event instead
hopefully you don't have to be level 60 or something to join this event

T.O.P

Banned
Ok now i can solo LOT pretty easily and almost ready for ET, next step, Masterworking my obscura disc to +12 and working my way through AC HM and Manaya :3

i have 50 MW Scrolls ready to be wasted, wish me luck :x

Kammie

We are gonna enforce a less casual attitude in the guild from now on. The content can be done easily, but the "omg too hard" attitude is the one that stops people from doing Queen.

I mean, its super easy now to get geared for AC and MC, so there is basically no excuse to not do it.
Yeah, I don't mind. I haven't involved myself with guild activities since you guys are all 60, but I'll be hitting 59 tomorrow and would like to gear up so I can tackle the same stuff. I basically started playing on the 15th, so I don't think I've been doing too shabby considering the level I'm on and the playtime I've put in (11 days 12 hours... lol).

Also, the guild forum that was set up is great. It could be a great resource if someone with knowledge were to make some somewhat detailed posts about what's expected of a newbie and how to get there, so we all have the same unified goals. Stuff in this megathread can be hard to find, and the game is really overwhelming in how it never mentions so many things.

At what lvl can you do dungeons?

hmm after checking tera europe site, doesn't seem like they're having the double dungeon drop thing but an egg thief event instead
hopefully you don't have to be level 60 or something to join this event
We've had the egg thief since the game went F2P. It's just a random guy with a gold sack on the overworld. If you see him, smack him once, and he drops an egg with some type of item inside. Item rarity depends on the type of egg (bronze, silver, gold).

Kammie

Cash shop is up.

1 buck for a single strongbox key and 2.50 for 1-day usage of the Village Atlas. Some of these prices... lol.

Coverly

Enchant to +9
Enchant to +12 w/ Masterworks

Can someone explain an efficient strategy to get from +6 to +9 and also from +9 to +12? Is there an average cost overall or does it vary wildly? I've only enchanted up to +6 so I don't know the best strategy to enchant past that.

T.O.P

Banned
Can someone explain an efficient strategy to get from +6 to +9 and also from +9 to +12? Is there an average cost overall or does it vary wildly? I've only enchanted up to +6 so I don't know the best strategy to enchant past that.

Always use a gold gear to enchant to +7 and above (the cost for that will depend on the tier you need, 100-200g for a gold T13 and 500-800g for T14)

The only fixed cost is the Refined Alkatest for 16g, after that you're gonna need to run instances or farm a shitload of gold to buy Master Enigmatic Scroll and Masterwork Alkatest from the broker

To get a gear to MW is more of a luck thing, a friend of mine got both armor and weapon to MW with under 20 scrolls each, while i'm stll trying on my weapon after 40 wasted scrolls

Just be patient, that's the only strategy i can suggest

NeOak

Blues up to +9
Gold/Blues up to +12

For the MES, run ET NM in a 3 man party. That would leave 1 scroll for each person.

Xamdou

Yeah, I don't mind. I haven't involved myself with guild activities since you guys are all 60, but I'll be hitting 59 tomorrow and would like to gear up so I can tackle the same stuff. I basically started playing on the 15th, so I don't think I've been doing too shabby considering the level I'm on and the playtime I've put in (11 days 12 hours... lol).

Also, the guild forum that was set up is great. It could be a great resource if someone with knowledge were to make some somewhat detailed posts about what's expected of a newbie and how to get there, so we all have the same unified goals. Stuff in this megathread can be hard to find, and the game is really overwhelming in how it never mentions so many things.

We've had the egg thief since the game went F2P. It's just a random guy with a gold sack on the overworld. If you see him, smack him once, and he drops an egg with some type of item inside. Item rarity depends on the type of egg (bronze, silver, gold).

Looks like one more lvl to go for me to be level 20. How do I go about accessing the dungeons, through the main menu?

omlet

Looks like one more lvl to go for me to be level 20. How do I go about accessing the dungeons, through the main menu?

Quests will direct you to dungeons while leveling and it's generally best to just wait and go when you get the quests, and move on once you've done them. You'll probably be 21-22 by the time you get loaded up with quests for the first dungeon. While leveling, usually best to just wait and get all the quests for a dungeon before you start running it.

Go in on foot the first time so you know where a dungeon is and you save yourself potential embarrassment, or worse. Once you've done that, use dungeon finder to queue up for a PUG if you want, or group up with friends.

Kammie

Go in on foot the first time so you know where a dungeon is and you save yourself potential embarrassment, or worse. Once you've done that, use dungeon finder to queue up for a PUG if you want, or group up with friends.
I will add, in case you are instance queueing and don't know how to get back to the dungeon if you die and resurrect in town, that all specialty vendors in town sell teleportation scrolls to the instance portals. At lvl 20 they may be a little expensive, but they can be really handy. Traveling to a dungeon and then all the way through it to reach the instance portal can be a real pain.

Styles

So last night me, my friend and a guild member grouped up with 3 other players to form a raid party and we went around and hunt down Dracoloth Sovereigns in the outskirts of Velika I acquired 100+ refined alkahests from the 6 that we killed, one of them even dropped 50 of them at one point. o.o I also sold about 500 gold worth of equipment from the drops. All in all a very fun and productive evening.

omlet

Stefan™;47484286 said:
So last night me, my friend and a guild member grouped up with 3 other players to form a raid party and we went around and hunt down Dracoloth Sovereigns in the outskirts of Velika I acquired 100+ refined alkahests from the 6 that we killed, one of them even dropped 50 of them at one point. o.o I also sold about 500k gold worth of equipment from the drops. All in all a very fun and productive evening.

500,000 gold? holy shit where are these dragons lol

jediyoshi

highres_screenshot_008euv6.jpg
woot, just hit 20 for the first time. def digging slayer over lancer so far

So the game crashed when I was playing, and now every time I try to reload that character the game freezes at 11% and I have to manually shut TERA down. I can get on other characters no problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

Complistic

googled, didn't find anything. Seems like I should easily find an answer, but couldnt. So sorry ahead of time, but when does this go f2p?

Top Bottom