• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Is there anywhere online where I can still purchase a digital copy of TERA?

I had no clue I wasn't going to be able to purchase a copy from Amazon today. D:

LuuKyK

Am I the only one experiencing bugged quests? They are repeated, like one below the other. One works and the other just leaves a empty left tab on the right (quests summary). Its quite annoying. I also tried to contact you guys in game earlier today but no one was online. t_t

RPGCrazied

Can anyone else not change the graphic options? Seems stuck on preset, and change from 1 - 6.

I see no Vsync option either.

T.O.P

Banned
Holy shit, these elite buffs.

I can make like 1800g doing the 20 dailies. Add that the double credits/rep.

Yep loved this, farmed pathfinder mobs for an hour and did all the dailies using both the boosts, almost 5k in 2 hour :3

Btw i hate how they took out the 4 channel in Three Tower, it's impossible to farm in the Rage Room now

RPGCrazied

Thanks guys, it looks way better. I'm having major pop in issues now though. Anyway to fix that? Like tree and other stuff coming into view kinda closely.

Also, is there not a way to play like WoW? I'm sort of a clicker.

Also, is there not a way to play like WoW? I'm sort of a clicker.

Nope.. you need to aim in TERA. You can right-click on abilities to use them, but it isn't an efficient way to play.

The pop-in is an unavoidable side-effect of using Unreal Engine 3 to build a mmorpg, as far as I know

ZenVolta

So im up to an hour in bonus exp now. Whats going on with the servers? Is everyone just locked out or what?

Edit: Got in but its laggy as hell

NeOak

Welp, after managing to get into a BG, the servers all summarily choose to suicide at once. No servers at the moment, could be emergency maintenance?

We were doing a BG when MT crashed. All MT people disconnected, and it ended up being a 4v1 BG basically.

We won and now we are stuck in the BG, can't get out. One force-closed the game and its stuck on a black screen.

T.O.P

Banned
Everything works perfectly here (EU) wich is weird knowing Gameforge :p

No lag, no bug, everything is smooth

Weird thing happened at Nexus though, the last boss usually dropped 13-14 rare gear before the F2P, yesterday it only dropped 4 (to add that the average group is composed by 8 people) wich is pretty shitty after spending 1 hour surviving the lag, if it's ike that, no way that i'll keep doing it :/

NeOak

lol @ this:

Y7FMaaa.png

Atruvius

Downloaded this yesterday and I was surprised to notice that I could continue playing with my trial character. I am level 11 and at the city(first big city?). The framerate there is really bad, it sometimes drops to zero! Is there any fix for that? I have GTX670 and CPU is i5 3570k.

I am on Tempest Reach so I'll be joining the GAF guild.

Edit. Got the framerate better by tweaking Nvidia Inspector.

froliq

FML, failed to patch the new patch yesterday. Decided to redownload the entire game since I've tried every single solution that I could find on EME forums. Now I get hit with same error after redownloadiing every single patch. Why does the launcher delete all the patch files when it fails :( Now it's just going to start redownloading 21.9GB again.

Kammie

Velika is ridiculous with the amount of people that are now in it. Last time I tried to go to the broker there were like 60 people in there, it was lag city. The game would probably benefit from having different channels here, like on the smaller towns.

cilonen

Doh. I've managed to patch it but at the moment I'm getting the 'can't connect to Server List' failure error.

I'll try again later.

omlet

Yep loved this, farmed pathfinder mobs for an hour and did all the dailies using both the boosts, almost 5k in 2 hour :3

I didn't actually use the double drop buff and actually turned in a couple daily quests before I realized that the double rep/coin thing was a thing you had to click to activate, and I still made over 2k in an hour from doing daily quests and selling random drops.

What I'm wondering is how in the world is the economy going to account for this massive influx of gold in circulation besides the new 10k mount? I haven't bothered to go to OF because I figured it would mostly just be pages and pages of bitching this week, but have they said anything about where all this gold is supposed to be going? Prices seemed pretty stable before because gold was being sucked out of the economy in mass quantities via scrolls, alk, and spellbind, but what about now?

T.O.P

Banned
I didn't actually use the double drop buff and actually turned in a couple daily quests before I realized that the double rep/coin thing was a thing you had to click to activate, and I still made over 2k in an hour from doing daily quests and selling random drops.

What I'm wondering is how in the world is the economy going to account for this massive influx of gold in circulation besides the new 10k mount? I haven't bothered to go to OF because I figured it would mostly just be pages and pages of bitching this week, but have they said anything about where all this gold is supposed to be going? Prices seemed pretty stable before because gold was being sucked out of the economy in mass quantities via scrolls, alk, and spellbind, but what about now?

Nothing, altough this should have been the first thing to have under control with the patch

Another problem is that the Broker is practically empty, other then the crash of general prices, i had problem finding T14 to enchant my new boots last night, wich is pretty scary
A lot of the better gear that i was lookin forward to is already gone :/

@Btw about the new mount, where's the vendor? i seriously want that lol

Nothing, altough this should have been the first thing to have under control with the patch

Another problem is that the Broker is practically empty, other then the crash of general prices, i had problem finding T14 to enchant my new boots last night, wich is pretty scary
A lot of the better gear that i was lookin forward to is already gone :/

@Btw about the new mount, where's the vendor? i seriously want that lol

The Sheldon mount? It's in Allemantheia where the daily quest NPCs are located. The Founder mount (Argon horse) is in your skills menu and the Elite mount is on the Elite action bar.

T.O.P

Banned
The Sheldon mount? It's in Allemantheia where the daily quest NPCs are located. The Founder mount (Argon horse) is in your skills menu and the Elite mount is on the Elite action bar.

Yep
010.jpg

will buy tonight :3

We don't have the Argon Horse in EU btw, we have the Nexus for Club User, wich is good but it still has the same speed as the Lion, i need an upgrade

omlet

Yeah, I noticed broker seemed a bit sparse last night, but I was mostly chalking that up to people being busy patching, doing their double dailies, and trying out the new instance. There was a ton of MW alk listed though lol.

Patch notes said the mount is from one of the new factions, so need to repgrind a bit first. I don't remember which faction it was.

Rinoa

Is there a way to get the Tauny mount other than buying a whole ass game? How do people who already own the game get it?

NeOak

Is there a way to get the Tauny mount other than buying a whole ass game? How do people who already own the game get it?

You enter the code from the box backwards.

If you got by buying it digitally, you'll have to buy another box and enter that code backwards.

The code won't be activated, so you still can use it to activate another account.

omlet

30 minutes till I've finished downloading the game.

Anything I should know before I start playing? Also, how are Healer/Support classes?

They're fine, just don't expect to be killing things quite as quickly as other classes solo.

Edit: Actually, even saying that is deceptive. Even mystic can kill things plenty quickly. The main thing about mystic/priest is that their skills are designed for good damage and survivability against smallfry/PvP (mystic, for example, at low levels, relies heavily on a a strong slowish point-blank attack that is great for blasting quest mobs) but not for spamming against bosses that can trample/cleave/etc. you. Questing with others will still be your best bet, though. You gain kill speed from a DD partner, and DD lose downtime thanks to you.

Thanks. How many GAFfers are on the EU servers compared with the US servers? Does it matter which region as choose (as in Guild Wars 2)?

They are run by two completely different companies and you can't connect to EU with a US client or vice versa.

EU is run by frogster/gameforge

US is run by En Masse Entertainment (subsidiary of Blue Hole Studios)

Top Bottom