• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Valley of Titans! EME using that nostalgia to try and trick people into changing servers.

At least this one will queue with the existing servers into instances and Battlegrounds. At this point there is no reason why PVP servers shouldn't queue Battlegrounds with PVP servers and PVE with PVE servers.

Is there an updated place for glyph setups post-patch?

You can change your glyphs at any time now. Go into the glyphs menu and you can deactivate and activate your glyphs and save them into different "Glyph" sets. In order to use more than one set of glyphs, you have to buy glyph tokens from city merchants for 15 gold each that allow you to swap between them. This is not required though since you can just manually change your glyphs whenever you want now. It's mainly for convenience.

To change glyphs:

Set glyphs by enabling and disabling them, click on the save icon, done.

To change glyph sets:

Select a new glyph set, click apply, token is automatically consumed.

NeOak

You can change your glyphs at any time now. Go into the glyphs menu and you can deactivate and activate your glyphs and save them into different "Glyph" sets. In order to use more than one set of glyphs, you have to buy glyph tokens from city merchants for 15 gold each that allow you to swap between them. This is not required though since you can just manually change your glyphs whenever you want now. It's mainly for convenience.

To change glyphs:

Set glyphs by enabling and disabling them, click on the save icon, done.

To change glyph sets:

Select a new glyph set, click apply, token is automatically consumed.

I think she meant the glyph builds

Kammie

So about the Jax Trust faction gear... I could swear there was a full set available, but now I just see weapon and armor. Was I hallucinating, or did they take stuff out with today's patch?

So on a whim I heated this bad boy back up and rolled a lancer on CH.
Up to lv30 and boy, I typically don't like tank classes, but Lancer is beast.
I'm guessing some of the adjustments they did included general damage output. The level grind feels lightning fast, as there is no downtime AND I can plow through PvE mobs.
Still getting a hang of general tanking, ran SM a couple of times and they seemed to go alright.

GAF PVP guild is rising! We're getting a decent number of active players now and would love to expand. We're currently working on getting our own site up and NeOak was gracious enough to allow us to use his Mumble Server with a dedicated chat channel for Mount Tyrannas.

As for in-game activities, we're currently working on getting Fraywind gear for PVP by doing Battlegrounds together and as more people reach level 60, we will start doing more dungeons. Once we have a stable number of 60s that are geared for PVP, we will start working on running for Vanarchy via GvG. We are also actively participating in Nexus and Nexus Traverse. Many of us also have alts that we can use to run through dungeons with people that are just starting out and are also willing to help people with BAMs or whatever else.

We have already started recruiting outside of GAF but I went back and read through the thread and will be sending a PM to those that were interested in joining but that I haven't heard from in-game yet. I'll be updating the TERA OP with information about the Argon Queen and F2P update and an updated community section at the top for the Tempest Reach and Mount Tyrannas GAF guilds.

I think she meant the glyph builds

oh. lol

So about the Jax Trust faction gear... I could swear there was a full set available, but now I just see weapon and armor. Was I hallucinating, or did they take stuff out with today's patch?

I can't check right now but I'm pretty sure it's just the weapon and armor and it has been that way since the Tera Rising update.

omlet

You are probably remembering the other tabs (which include boots and gloves) from that rep vendor.

Ricker

Ok so I registered at the new forums,very nice by the way,but since I am already in the guild,I didnt apply for membership(PvE guild on Tempest Reach)...do I have to in order to post on the forums...?

NeOak

I think this clearly shows how PvP is:

iCPFVK5aPrGbO.jpg

Katoki

Just when I thought I was winning... someone shows up and shits balls. The guy PKing me was my level but was terribad.

I don't remember why I rolled on a PvP server anymore.

Cronox

Banned
Just started playing, a question for something that's been annoying me. I bought it a month before it went F2P but never played during that time. Now that I'm in I see that I have a little compass-like thing on screen that tells me the benefits of being a founder. Thing is, it doesn't go away and I can't find a way to turn it off, so I have this founder UI element seemingly hanging out in my UI indefinitely. It's killing my OCD. Does anyone know how to make the thing go away?

It's there forever to remind you of how amazing you are, Founder.

If you cough up for Elite, you get TWO icons side by side, one for Founder and one for Elite!

Ricker

Just started playing, a question for something that's been annoying me. I bought it a month before it went F2P but never played during that time. Now that I'm in I see that I have a little compass-like thing on screen that tells me the benefits of being a founder. Thing is, it doesn't go away and I can't find a way to turn it off, so I have this founder UI element seemingly hanging out in my UI indefinitely. It's killing my OCD. Does anyone know how to make the thing go away?

You can move it though,I brought it down on the right side,fits right in there...click and drag.

I find the Elite bar more annoying. I can't hide it and the icons don't scale with the rest of the UI. I can move the mount to my normal shortcuts and the other boosts only get used once a day. I don't need it permanently on my screen! Actually there are some other icons that don't scale either like the icons that show up when you enable the UI to show skill cooldowns. I also hate that the cooldown icons reset all the time just like the stupid stamina heart that appears when near campfires.

Just when I thought I was winning... someone shows up and shits balls. The guy PKing me was my level but was terribad.

I don't remember why I rolled on a PvP server anymore.

Because it's the best server.

Ricker

Wow Serena did a purge last evening on TR lol...from 255 members or so to 110...I was also kicked but re applied in game and wil apply on the forums as well since i registered now...I will still only play casually though but since there is lots of room now,I would like to join back...if you ever need the room and I still haven't reached 60,you can kick me out then ;P

Coverly

Wow Serena did a purge last evening on TR lol...from 255 members or so to 110...I was also kicked but re applied in game and wil apply on the forums as well since i registered now...I will still only play casually though but since there is lots of room now,I would like to join back...if you ever need the room and I still haven't reached 60,you can kick me out then ;P

Yeah I just logged on and saw that we're down to 110. wow. 2 of 3 real life friends survived the purge, but I forgot to tell one of them to register in time. I'll have him do that later tonight.

One thing I did notice after the patch yesterday was that it completely messed up my controller setup. Now buttons do double actions, like inventory+skill, it's going to take a bit to redo the setup.

I quit shortly after Queen of the Argon Part 2 came out.

I have a level 60 Sorcerer, +9 T12 PvE (Sleeper?) and +6 T12 PvP (Nexus stuff).

I have all of the old reputations capped, 2x earrings, 2x rings and the green crystals.

How long would it take to catch up?

(My old guild is basically empty.)

NeOak

Yeah I just logged on and saw that we're down to 110. wow. 2 of 3 real life friends survived the purge, but I forgot to tell one of them to register in time. I'll have him do that later tonight.

One thing I did notice after the patch yesterday was that it completely messed up my controller setup. Now buttons do double actions, like inventory+skill, it's going to take a bit to redo the setup.

a bit over 100 were people that hadn't logged in after F2P.

I quit shortly after Queen of the Argon Part 2 came out.

I have a level 60 Sorcerer, +9 T12 PvE (Sleeper?) and +6 T12 PvP (Nexus stuff).

I have all of the old reputations capped, 2x earrings, 2x rings and the green crystals.

How long would it take to catch up?

(My old guild is basically empty.)

2 weeks max doing Nexus for the gloves, BGs for the Boots (or get Nexus ones) and getting the rep for the UIL faction chest and weapon.

That is so you can tackle the content with no problems.

The Queen is full of bullshit. That is all.

I'm going to try and kill the bitch soonish. I'm getting closer to the point where I feel like I "get" her patterns and tells.

thundr51

I got an extra account that has founder status. I can't merge the time with my current but I can give the account away. If you just signed up and want it send me a PM.

Got my Fraywind Body to +8 and failed about 9 times to +9. My enchantment correction is like +4 now. lol

I had a bunch of shitty games on Sunday but I could immediately tell the difference once I went in with the Fraywind. So much more survivability now. Going to do some more BGs today and try to get either the boots or gloves. I'll be going for the weapon last.

Kammie

Got my Fraywind Body to +8 and failed about 9 times to +9. My enchantment correction is like +4 now. lol

I had a bunch of shitty games on Sunday but I could immediately tell the difference once I went in with the Fraywind. So much more survivability now. Going to do some more BGs today and try to get either the boots or gloves. I'll be going for the weapon last.
I also got my Fraywind armor to +8, and yeah, the difference is pretty much night and day. I still get murdered though, so all I can try to do for now is run around like a ninja to try to take over a deserted base. I'm going for the weapon next, though, because I haven't been able to get more than 3 or so kills since I started doing BGs.

Apart from the lag I get from not being in NA (things get kinda laggy during evening hours), though, I have to say, BGs as a berserker suck so far. I HATE those freaking mystic AoEs they drop everywhere. The worst is when you want to take over a base and they put them right on it... lol.

You can use Lethal Strike and/or Leaping Strike (usually both in succession) to book it out of Sorc spam or the center of the melee. Get used to using these skills as escapes now, because they are what Zerkers use as escapes on the Queen. Your Evasive Smash is more of a chase and damage skill, because when glyphed it actually hits harder than Thunderstrike. Yes, this is completely backwards of what was intended but our class was designed by retards apparently.
I use Leaping Strike to escape the AoEs, but I don't understand how Lethal Strike is supposed to be used. It's a skill I've barely used up till now because I never found the damage worth the loss in HP. How should I be using it as an escape? It slows me down and barely moves me forward when I release it. (Edit.... What an idiot, I think when I tested it I had done Vampiric Blow instead. You can tell I barely use the skill! It definitely slides me forward by quite a bit)

PVP guild website is up. Kind of boring right now but it will be updated later. I'm going to start asking our members to register as they log in. If you have a character on Mount Tyrannas, please register by clicking "Apply to Guild" on the site. It is pretty simple and will ask you for basic character info and you can leave a note with your GAF name or other info.

We will be scheduling events and discussing guild issues there. You can also find the Mumble Server and other info in the forums.

http://tera-believe.guildlaunch.com

Cronox

Banned
You can move it though,I brought it down on the right side,fits right in there...click and drag.

I find the Elite bar more annoying. I can't hide it and the icons don't scale with the rest of the UI. I can move the mount to my normal shortcuts and the other boosts only get used once a day. I don't need it permanently on my screen! Actually there are some other icons that don't scale either like the icons that show up when you enable the UI to show skill cooldowns. I also hate that the cooldown icons reset all the time just like the stupid stamina heart that appears when near campfires.

You guys have got to be kidding... I've got a useless UI element taking space indefinitely throughout all my time playing? Seems like a major oversight. I'll do as Ricker suggested and put it out of the way somewhere...

Xiaoki

Tried getting back into the game but can not.

Download updates and when its applying it gets a checksum error.

Close game.

Have to redownload updates again. And another checksum error.

Dear God the patcher is just as awful as it was at launch. What the hell has EME been doing?

Dont think I have the patience for this, totally amateur hour.

T.O.P

Banned
I think this clearly shows how PvP is:

oh god lol

Ok finally reached a full T14 +9 PvE gear with Ilvl 157 and stocked 50 MW scrolls, if i don't get MW on the disc this time, i'm gonna be pissed

Gonna start working on Conjunct Set for PvP

Got Fraywind to +9 and working on the weapon now. Did a bunch of BGs last night with SmallWind and androidcandy while hanging out in Mumble. It was really fun! We had a lot more balanced matches. Maybe it's working better now that we're all ranked (10 matches to get ranked) or maybe we're just doing better overall now that we're getting better gear. It was fun!

Tried getting back into the game but can not.

Download updates and when its applying it gets a checksum error.

Close game.

Have to redownload updates again. And another checksum error.

Dear God the patcher is just as awful as it was at launch. What the hell has EME been doing?

Dont think I have the patience for this, totally amateur hour.

That sucks. I know some people have been having issues with the patcher. Make sure you don't have any mods installed before patching as that can cause problems. There are also some ports you may need to open but if you ever downloaded and patched successfully in the past, that wouldn't be the issue.

Hmm, I checked in-game last night and on website today and have 0 EMP (and I'm founder with inaugural sub). What gives?

There were a couple of people that had the same issue in our guild. Try putting in a support ticket to see what they say

omlet

There were a couple of people that had the same issue in our guild. Try putting in a support ticket to see what they say

After the last time I renewed my sub my account was disabled the next morning despite having a month of game time on it, had to contact support.

Elite buffs took 3 days to reset after Rising, didn't contact support but was about to.

No EMP, guess I need to contact support again.

My account is cursed.

Starting today you can get some Valentine's Day parcels in TERA:

Love—of true action combat—is in the air! Starting at noon PST today, you’ll get a letter in your parcel every hour from a not-so-secret admirer. Open the letter for goodies appropriate for Valentine’s Day or anytime you’re feeling amorous.

You can get up to four letters per character per day this way, and (spoiler alert!) there may be some achievements associated with the holiday. But log on soon! The letters won’t arrive after 5 p.m. PST on February 20.

OatmealMu

Been stuck with the level 25 twin swords players get during the weaponsmithing tutorial. Leveling through the 30s has been hell. Eldritch Academy's been busting my balls. Up until now I've been relying on drops/quest rewards for upgrades. I finally bit the bullet and spent 50 gold on new swords. The difference is just... wow. And they're not even good swords.

Kammie

Been stuck with the level 25 twin swords players get during the weaponsmithing tutorial. Leveling through the 30s has been hell. Eldritch Academy's been busting my balls. Up until now I've been relying on drops/quest rewards for upgrades. I finally bit the bullet and spent 50 gold on new swords. The difference is just... wow. And they're not even good swords.
The worst mistake I made up until level 50 or so was waiting to get gear as drops in dungeons, and spending all my money on pointless stuff like leotards and cat ears instead. lol. Just buy your gear at the broker and save yourself the time and effort. No sense in saving your money since later on the amount you get ramps up considerably.

Top Bottom