• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Rinoa

Haha yeah, I was looking for a new glyph/whatever setup thing now that things are diff. I don't want to bother with reading all the goddamn micetype to re-set stuff that I did ages ago.

Haha yeah, I was looking for a new glyph/whatever setup thing now that things are diff. I don't want to bother with reading all the goddamn micetype to re-set stuff that I did ages ago.

I guess the best place to check would be the class forums on the official TERA website. A lot of the guides there are out of date now but I have seen people asking around for new build advice so you are likely to find something there.

Ricker

Ok I applied to guild,again(TR PvE)...the form is a little exhaustive I think and could do without the personal questions though...anyway,done.

Cronox

Banned
So as a level 13 I'm finding that the Fey forest area is filled with PKing douches. I was killed 3 times while fighting mobs, and a few more just trying to get past the bridge out of town. Only once was my killer not a level 30+. I suppose I haven't played on an MMO PvP server in so long I'd forgotten what it was like... but allowing such high level players to kill low level ones is irritating.

I suppose I'll be playing in channel 8 of each zone for the moment. I like having other players around, but not when they could backstab me at any moment.

Edit: Also, SMH that a group called "Lolicon" won the Vanarch position for that continent and I have to see their stupid name and image everywhere. If I were the developer I wouldn't have let a guild with that name exist.

OatmealMu

So as a level 13 I'm finding that the Fey forest area is filled with PKing douches. I was killed 3 times while fighting mobs, and a few more just trying to get past the bridge out of town. Only once was my killer not a level 30+. I suppose I haven't played on an MMO PvP server in so long I'd forgotten what it was like... but allowing such high level players to kill low level ones is irritating.

I suppose I'll be playing in channel 8 of each zone for the moment. I like having other players around, but not when they could backstab me at any moment.

Edit: Also, SMH that a group called "Lolicon" won the Vanarch position for that continent and I have to see their stupid name and image everywhere. If I were the developer I wouldn't have let a guild with that name exist.

Lumbertown is a dangerous area in general, particularly the bridge out of town (as you found out). The fact that early zones are mostly a collection of narrow pathways doesn't help matters. Thankfully, later areas open up a lot. I'm currently stomping around a desert, and as long as I don't stay near a road, PK sightings aren't as common as they once were. Then again, red names were everywhere tonight, and they traveled in groups. I was chased all over the place before finding a party to tackle bams with.

theta11

Anyone know where you can pick up a physical copy of the game still? Kinda wanna get Founder status but it's been difficult to track down.

fader

um yeah anyone have a solution to my problem.

every time im trying to make a character, i get to the naming part and when i enter a name and press enter nothing happens for like 15 seconds then the game crashes...

Babalu.

So how's the population? Has the F2P bump helped quite a bit?

i'de say it has. There are long queues in each of the older servers (not sure about new ones) especially during peak hours.

I'm level 27 and my bf is level 23 and there hasn't been any problems finding people to do any group quests with.

Its really fun.

Rinoa

um yeah anyone have a solution to my problem.

every time im trying to make a character, i get to the naming part and when i enter a name and press enter nothing happens for like 15 seconds then the game crashes...

This happens if you take too long to make your character I think.

Speaking of the OT, has anyone found how to get these armors yet?

highelf_m_l21.jpg

castanic_f_r19.jpg

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Hi gaf! I just downloaded TERA and am about to jump in :) I'm going to be an Elin and I'm super excited. See y'all around! I'll definitely be joining the guild.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
So, I just started the game yesterday - and I'm having a blast. So far I've got a level 16 high elf slayer on Tempest Reach called Miki.Hoshii.:D and dear god slayer combat gets so much better when you unlock overhand strike.:eek:

ElfArmy177

Is anyone able to get 60 FPS in the main city on max settings? I assume this game is CPU bottlenecked. I have a 3570k overclocked to 4.5ghz, a 670 GTX, and 8 gigs of 1600 RAM. Its also installed on an SSD.

Some people in the game are claiming 60-80 FPS on max settings in the main city while other players are around. I cant tell if Im getting trolled of there is something wrong with my CPU.

Kammie

Is anyone able to get 60 FPS in the main city on max settings? I assume this game is CPU bottlenecked. I have a 3570k overclocked to 4.5ghz, a 670 GTX, and 8 gigs of 1600 RAM. Its also installed on an SSD.

Some people in the game are claiming 60-80 FPS on max settings in the main city while other players are around. I cant tell if Im getting trolled of there is something wrong with my CPU.
I don't think there's a single person who doesn't have framerate issues in this game, regardless of their rig. It's just badly optimized, it even has a problem where having the UI up eats up frames (try disabling it for yourself with ctrl+z and watch how performance shoots up). Velika is one of the worst offenders.

Hi Tera Gaf, need some help with computer running this game.

My son try to play this on his new laptop it's Lenovo Y580 i7 with 8gb of ram and NVidia 660M, it should be able to run this right?

It runs fine on my i7, 16gb NVidia 570M laptop but on his laptop it is very choppy. Are there known issue with 660M and Tera?

I've tested the game and it runs okay on my laptop with i7-3612QM, 8 GB RAM, and GT 650M. I tried it on 1080p res and all settings maxed except Lighting Enrichment set to 1.

How is the sense of community in this game? In Warcraft since all of the "queue for BG" "queue for dungeon" "queue for raid" cross realm stuff, it seems like you can play all the way through to end game, do LFR, and never speak to a single person to get pretty geared.

I liked the forced communication nature of early WoW. This game looks amazing, and if there is a large social interaction requirement, I want in!

I'm downloading the client right now, but I was wondering what to expect.

You don't have to be social to get anywhere, but some of the more difficult end-game dungeons don't go so well for PUGs.

It is sometimes difficult to queue for them in dungeon finder. Like most mmorpgs, the experience is better with a guild and friends and you'll get more out of it that way.

suko_32

Are you guys using your Strongbox Keys or selling them? I have a number of them and they're going for around 87 Gold currently for me.

Katoki

Are you guys using your Strongbox Keys or selling them? I have a number of them and they're going for around 87 Gold currently for me.

I actually want to take this question a step further. Are strongbox keys more difficult to come by when they're not being handed out in events like this? Or do they go for about the same after the conversion to buy them in Outfitters?

If you want the gold, sell them. It's more profitable. Personally, I'm using them because I could use the spellbinds, masterwork alkahest, etc.

I actually want to take this question a step further. Are strongbox keys more difficult to come by when they're not being handed out in events like this? Or do they go for about the same after the conversion to buy them in Outfitters?

I'm pretty sure they stealth nerfed the strongbox drop rate. Coincidentally this was right before they started handing out free EMP and the Valentine's event. Not sure if it will go back up after the event but it's doubtful. Honestly, the drop rate was way too high before.

How is the sense of community in this game? In Warcraft since all of the "queue for BG" "queue for dungeon" "queue for raid" cross realm stuff, it seems like you can play all the way through to end game, do LFR, and never speak to a single person to get pretty geared.

I liked the forced communication nature of early WoW. This game looks amazing, and if there is a large social interaction requirement, I want in!

I'm downloading the client right now, but I was wondering what to expect.

You can solo your way to the cap but if you haven't made any friends by then, endgame will be a very lonely existence for you as just about everything at endgame requires a group which isn't terrible at games.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just did a bunch of story quests in Valley of the Titans all the way back to Oblivion Woods with my sister and three randoms. Had a blast - really brings me back to that classic feel that WoW gave me. Just hit 21 on my Slayer, might attempt the first dungeon with my sister next time we play.:) If I'd have one complaint about this game so far - is it feels a tad too linear, especially compared to GW2 (which I'm playing alongside). Does it start branching up later on? or do you have to follow a singular area path for the whole 1-60 journey?

Just did a bunch of story quests in Valley of the Titans all the way back to Oblivion Woods with my sister and three randoms. Had a blast - really brings me back to that classic feel that WoW gave me. Just hit 21 on my Slayer, might attempt the first dungeon with my sister next time we play.:) If I'd have one complaint about this game so far - is it feels a tad too linear, especially compared to GW2 (which I'm playing alongside). Does it start branching up later on? or do you have to follow a singular area path for the whole 1-60 journey?

Linear from 1 to 60. All quest same for all races.

The leveling is pretty linear but there are some branching and optional paths in some areas (e.g. Chebika - Freeholds, Mines, etc.).

Sooo... How are people supposed to actually download this game? Because I'm sure this download through the launcher at 400 kb/s is for suckers.

Kammie

Sooo... How are people supposed to actually download this game? Because I'm sure this download through the launcher at 400 kb/s is for suckers.
Be glad it's not downloading at 40k like when F2P was announced!

Just leave it on overnight, it'll be done in a day. ;)

Talents

Banned
Hey everyone, firs time posting here.

Anyway I'm currently downloading the game and wondering what class I should play. I've narrowed it down to 3 choices, Sorcerer, Warrior, or Slayer. In most MMO's I usually go with a magic class but have been thinking about changing it up on this game. I usually like doing things like PvP late game, I don't do very much PvE/Instances.

What class would you guys recommend?

Cheers.

Hey everyone, firs time posting here.

Anyway I'm currently downloading the game and wondering what class I should play. I've narrowed it down to 3 choices, Sorcerer, Warrior, or Slayer. In most MMO's I usually go with a magic class but have been thinking about changing it up on this game. I usually like doing things like PvP late game, I don't do very much PvE/Instances.

What class would you guys recommend?

Cheers.

Probably Slayer.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've heard that they are easy to use. I like using classes that take skill to master and use.

Then why ask? He pretty much gave you the answer you wanted to hear.

Slayer is one of the best all around classes in the game. Warrior is your second pick but they start off really slow.

NeOak

Does this game support SLI? It seems to runs smoother with SLI disabled. At least it runs around 50-60 fps even with just one 670.

No. While you can make it use both cards if you force AA, the game really doesn't use SLI nor Crossfire. If you had a Crossfire setup with GCN GPUs, the 2nd one would be turned off.

In fact, the performance hit is due to the Scaleform UI that is CPU bound.

I've heard that they are easy to use. I like using classes that take skill to master and use.

Slayer is "easy" to use due to being able to combo a lot their attacks, but thats just one part of the game.

Hardest would be Sorcerer because you are squishy as hell and will get one shotted in hard modes.

Here is a guide for sorcerer made by one of the best sorcerers in the game right now: http://www.believe-tera.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9077429&gid=294331

That rotation is not as easy as it looks.

mintylurb

No. While you can make it use both cards if you force AA, the game really doesn't use SLI nor Crossfire. If you had a Crossfire setup with GCN GPUs, the 2nd one would be turned off.

In fact, the performance hit is due to the Scaleform UI that is CPU bound.

Figured as much. I tried upping my cpu to 4 ghz from 3.9 and didn't notice much bump in fps. Maybe I'll up it a bit more to 4.1 or 4.2.

Top Bottom