• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
WoW has way more content than Tera. You basically run the same 2 dungeons a million times and do the same dailies every day for a absolutely awful drop rate and terrible enchant rate. Oh and the hardest dungeon in the game has an unforgiving difficulty level, everything the Argon Queen does is a oneshot on you in Hard Mode.
I dunno about that. If WoW actually had content I would be playing it right now. Blizzards patch history is woeful. I'm not so sure about TERA update schedule in that regard, but any other MMO I've played has more content updates than WoW. (despite WoW being a better game usually.;p).

NeOak

I dunno about that. If WoW actually had content I would be playing it right now. Blizzards patch history is woeful. I'm not so sure about TERA update schedule in that regard, but any other MMO I've played has more content updates than WoW. (despite WoW being a better game usually.;p).

Lets see what WoW has that TERA doesnt (out of my head):

+WORKING Guild management system
+Pet system
+Lower level BGs
+Siege battles (Wintergrasp, etc)
+Pet fighting system
+Crafting special stuff
+Old content that can still provide a challenge
+HUGE ASS world
+old STV ganking (RIP)
+NO RNG for enchanting

What does TERA has that WoW doesn't:

+Elins
+Combat system
+BAMs

The problem with WoW is that its the same sandbox, just add more sparkles and higher numbers at levels and items.

No chance, because everyone at level 60 does Nexus. It's a requirement to make high level PvP gear. Everyone hates it, it's a waste of an hour, it's boring and most people AFK with 4 fps, but they have to show up anyways if they want to fuse the Conjunct set.

There is a lot of bitterness from how the game was at launch and still is to some degree. Personally, I feel like the game is being updated pretty regularly now (though lagging shortly behind it's Korean counterpart) and Bluehole has added Battlegrounds (15v15 and 3v3), 4 new dungeons, Nexus, and a raid (Nexus Traverse) since launching last May with an update coming in Spring (hopefully March/April) that will add faction based PVP, siege gameplay, Consul politics, and a new raid. During this time there was a complete conversion to F2P and many other changes and additions outside of core content. My answer might have been different had you asked me this is October or September but the game is definitely in better shape now compared to how it was back then.

Does TERA have more content than WOW? I don't play WOW but it's safe to assume that TERA doesn't have anywhere near the amount of content as WOW, but doesn't this seem like a reasonable amount of content to be added in less than a year? What is the expectation?

The three dungeons listed below have been nerfed into the ground with recent updates. These will probably suffer the same fate as the level 58 end-game dungeons prior to the level cap raise in K-TERA where most people will either skip them, complete them once for completion's sake or farm them for items. In my opinion this is wasted end-game content that should be repurposed by leaving the difficulty alone and adding some type of badge system with new obtainable items.

Balder's Temple (NM/HM)
Fane of Kaprima (NM/HM)
Kelsaik's Nest(NM/HM)

Here are the current end-game dungeons:

Temple of Temerity: Run for tokens used to purchase advanced glyphs for your class that are not available on the standard vendor.

Sirjuka Gallery: Similar to TOT. Run for tokens used to purchase new advanced glyphs for your class that are not available on the standard vendor.

Argon Corpus: This is one of the new go-to dungeons at end game. HM is where all the good stuff drops but you can still get some good jewelry drops and items worth a decent amount of gold in NM.

Manaya's Core: This is the current final end-game dungeon. Some of the best gear, and materials to make some of the best gear can be obtained here.

Crucible of Flame: Not sure about the drops on this one yet. This is a timed dungeon (not time limit but completion time) with a ranked leaderboard.

Outside of dungeons you can compete in Battlegrounds which is similar to a MOBA. I find it really fun but sometimes you can end up on really unbalanced teams. Online matchmaking systems like this are never perfect and the only true way to solve the balance issue is to force everyone into an even playing field like GW2 which would come at the detriment of hurting their progression system. You will either like it or you won't.

Your end game activities will mostly look something like this:

Complete daily quests for gold, reputation, and credits. Use credits to buy gear, items, fodder, materials, mounts, and cosmetic items.

Farm various BAMs and dungeons for gold and items like Master Enigmatic Scrolls.

Lag through Nexus for about 20-30 minutes and into an actually playable Nexus Traverse raid. Some people still like to complete two zones of Nexus for the extra credits but there is no way I am forcing myself to suffer through that lag any longer than I have to.

Run Argon Corpus and Manaya's Core over and over again for items and materials.

Run Battlegrounds for reputation (and fun) and credits to buy gear, materials, templates, and other items. There is stat tracking and a leaderboard if you're the competitive type.

Enchant your gear and weapons to +9 and then try to 'Masterwork' them (where applicable) so you can enchant up to +12.

GvG (more common on PVP server but less common than it was at launch now that Battlegrounds is in).

Politics - This will depend on how actively involved in Politics your guild is.

Level an alt - All classes feel and play completely differently. It's fun to level an alt despite the leveling content getting stale after a while. The gameplay and beautiful game world help compensate. The addition of open world PVP on PVP servers makes things interesting as well.

For me, this is enough to keep me busy in the amount of time that I have to play. I can easily put in about 24-40 hours in a week and I never run out of things I want to do. I also really enjoy the graphics, art style and combat to such a degree that it has a huge influence in how I feel about the game. I have never wanted to play WOW and never will no matter what amount of content is in the game. It's just not appealing to me at all.

No chance, because everyone at level 60 does Nexus. It's a requirement to make high level PvP gear. Everyone hates it, it's a waste of an hour, it's boring and most people AFK with 4 fps, but they have to show up anyways if they want to fuse the Conjunct set.

^ This, unfortunately.

We'll see in March if the 120 person per node and one node per Nexus until NT solves any of this mess. I expect the first week or so after the update to be a huge clusterfuck and expect many complaints of people not being able to make it to a vacant node in time.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
So I just started playing Tera at the request of a friend, on Tempest Reach, and I walk into the first quest area and up pops the GAF symbol and "Believe". What in the hell? Is there some sort of area capture system going on? Makes me laugh everytime I see it. Didn't even know this is the server GAF chose.

So I just started playing Tera at the request of a friend, on Tempest Reach, and I walk into the first quest area and up pops the GAF symbol and "Believe". What in the hell? Is there some sort of area capture system going on? Makes me laugh everytime I see it. Didn't even know this is the server GAF chose.

The Vanarch of the zone you are in pops up above the area's name.

Kammie

Does anyone know where I'd go about finding either a boxed copy or download of the game online for cheap?

I'd really love those founder status benefits.

Having a great night! Finally Masterworked and +12 my Voidcutter and managed to get double attack speed too. Shout out to Keshoon who donated me 28 MW Alkhaest during the home stretch. :D

cilonen

Having a great night! Finally Masterworked and +12 my Voidcutter and managed to get double attack speed too. Shout out to Keshoon who donated me 28 MW Alkhaest during the home stretch. :D

Grats!

I got my Fraywind chest and managed to +9 it yesterday. Must be lucky enchanting weekend :)

Does anyone know where I'd go about finding either a boxed copy or download of the game online for cheap?

I'd really love those founder status benefits.

Look on walmart's website and see if a store near you has them in stock, that's how my roommate and I got our copies, or you could check amazon. :)

So, embarrassing moment for me tonight, while fighting the last boss in Golden Labyrinth our healer went down and I was the only one that had scroll of resurrection on cooldown, so I ran over to rez him. It was close to 6 am my time and I managed to try to resurrect a rock. A fucking rock. Everyone in my group was on skype with each other and I have been catching so much shit from it. I have shamed my family.

NeOak

Look on walmart's website and see if a store near you has them in stock, that's how my roommate and I got our copies, or you could check amazon. :)

So, embarrassing moment for me tonight, while fighting the last boss in Golden Labyrinth our healer went down and I was the only one that had scroll of resurrection on cooldown, so I ran over to rez him. It was close to 6 am my time and I managed to try to resurrect a rock. A fucking rock. Everyone in my group was on skype with each other and I have been catching so much shit from it. I have shamed my family.

Did the rock help you kill it?

Katoki

So I managed to pick up the last copy of TERA at the GameStop in the shopping center I happened to be at. Too bad they destroy stuff once it's deemed time to be out of circulation (CE).

What's in the physical CE anyway? Major difficulties searching via phone.

Talents

Banned
Hey everyone. Got a question about a 1v1. For a slayer vs archer at a low level (22) are there any tactics for a slayer to win? I can't seem to win against my mate for the life of me. Like I can't even get a hit on him barely. Any tactics or tricks I can use?

Cheers.

NeOak

Hey everyone. Got a question about a 1v1. For a slayer vs archer at a low level (22) are there any tactics for a slayer to win? I can't seem to win against my mate for the life of me. Like I can't even get a hit on him barely. Any tactics or tricks I can use?

Cheers.

lol

Stun him. Other than that, nope.

Norua

Banned
So I'm on the server where the GAF guild is (FLAGS EVERYWHERE), and when I searched for it in the menu, it said "Lvl 60 only".

Can't I apply as a new player from GAF? Anyone to help me out a bit?

Babalu.

So I'm on the server where the GAF guild is (FLAGS EVERYWHERE), and when I searched for it in the menu, it said "Lvl 60 only".

Can't I apply as a new player from GAF? Anyone to help me out a bit?

no you cant. the gaf guild doesnt allow gaf members anymore.

T.O.P

Banned
Got both wep and armor to +12 finally :D

Been farming Ebon Tower like a crazy person, but a two man run it's worth 3 scroll each and lots of MW Alkatest so i'll probably keep doing this for a while for gearing up my zerk alt :3

Stubo

Hello TeraGAF! A friend and myself are going to give this game a go starting tonight. Are there any start up guides or other resources which you wish you'd had when getting started?

The OP is huge and full of information and we'll have a thorough look through everything there later, but I'm trying to get a sneaky head start on my phone (can't watch videos right now!)

Are any classes considered weak since the balance (PVE)?

Hello TeraGAF! A friend and myself are going to give this game a go starting tonight. Are there any start up guides or other resources which you wish you'd had when getting started?

The OP is huge and full of information and we'll have a thorough look through everything there later, but I'm trying to get a sneaky head start on my phone (can't watch videos right now!)

Are any classes considered weak since the balance (PVE)?

All I can say is to check through the OP and the tutorials listed in the second post when you get a chance. Some guides are outdated but will still give you a good starting point.

I haven't played all of these classes personally, so take this with a grain of salt. For PVE balance, Mystics are still considered inferior to Priests in just about every way imaginable but they do have their good points. Many people are asking for this class to be adjusted. I think Archers are still considered weak in comparison to other classes for PVE which is the complete opposite in PVP, where many consider them to be overpowered. They are getting a decent buff soon (possibly in March) for PVE with a minor nerf for PVP balance. Berserkers could use either more survivability or more mobility. Other than that, everything seems to be pretty balanced.

cilonen

Server go Boom?

Just before Nexus, no warning and it's timing out trying to log in with loads of 'Bad Gateway' errors. Managed to relog once, but it can't find the server list to launch the client.

Edit: seemingly back in now. Reddit said it was a server crash

Edit again: spoke too soon but login seems to be working.

Couple of questions about the final boss of ACHM (Meldita):

What is the best way to avoid the random targeted laser? The one where you get the circle and he tracks your movement. I read that he will start the laser where he first targets you, and that if you stay at a 45 degree angle the lasers should miss. Many say the tank is the one that is usually targeted with this attack (and if DPS stays diagnol and between lasers they should be safe from the follow up lasers) but I have seen some of our other party members targeted with the initial laser and sometimes get one-shotted.

My next question is about the worms. Do they ALWAYS spawn at the same time Meldita is charging his 360 laser? Some say it is at the same time and some say the worms just spawn every 90 seconds. Can anyone confirm? The worms did seem to spawn at the same time but sometimes it seems like they would pop after the laser started or just before.

cilonen

The forums are a mess - there are fishy things going on. Someone posted a thread called "BR's are getting free EMP by hacking s..."and by the time I could click on it it's been purged

teraforums_zpsd1899853.jpg

Norua

Banned
So I finished the 'Sinistral Manor' and the 'Discredit where credit is due' main quests and now I don't have any quest to do(yes I checked the maps and quest log).
I completed the Discredit one by talking to Samael and now nothing. Anyone?

So I finished the 'Sinistral Manor' and the 'Discredit where credit is due' main quests and now I don't have any quest to do(yes I checked the maps and quest log).
I completed the Discredit one by talking to Samael and now nothing. Anyone?

Check the main quest log again and make sure you don't have any story quests (red/orange) that are locked due to level requirement. Some quests do not unlock until you meet that level requirement. If that is the case, you will need to do some more zone quests (yellow), dungeons, or repeatables until you level up enough in order to unlock the quest. I would find it odd that you wouldn't be at the proper level to unlock a quest with the amount of experience you get these days though. Did you skip a lot of stuff?

Other than that, just make sure everything you have is completed and that there aren't any markers on your map leading to more quests. You could also try looking up the main story quest chains to see where the next quest is supposed to be after the last one you completed and check to see if you overlooked anything.

Top Bottom