• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

SmallWind

new battlegrounds for new patch.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/spring-into-battlegrounds

For a limited time starting with the 19.04.04 patch, players can battle to find out who will reign—April showers or May flowers? All month, queue up by selecting the Fraywind Canyon—Equalized option in the battleground matching system.

When you enter the equalized battleground, your gear is converted into spring-colored PvP armor, weapon, and jewelry. This gear is standardized with PvP bonuses and levels the enchantment playing field. Your customization is limited to the crystals you choose. You’ll have the same number of crystal slots and level restrictions as your original gear.

One team will don April-showers blue and the other team will sport May-flowers purple. Your goal is still to turn all the pyres blue, kill your opponent, and reap the Bellicarium rewards.

Nekofrog

Banned
I've pretty much quit my 60 Lancer because tanking is not my thing, quit my 60 archer because fuck the RNG Masterworking, and am exclusively leveling my mystic. Enjoying it a lot... but dreading hitting 60. I'll probably skip out on a lot of the PVP aspect on the mystic and go strictly PVE since I ignored PVE on the others.

Katoki

"Reliable source serving corrupt data"

Edit: How do you turn off P2P on the new launcher? Or is there no P2P anymore to begin with? The upload speed part is grayed out and all that.

Edit 2: Never mind. I got it to re-download the entire patch.

Vade

Well at least I am only being crushed because of the lag, aoe, and class balance; not gear difference.

All joking aside definately want to try and get my fraywind set before this event is over.

DrFurbs

Bah downloaded the game but it .exe crashes after editing my nympho warrior. I see the happy cloud is still downloading. Do I need to wait?

Maid outfits are out. They are banking on this hard.

EME continues to be a respectable company.

I bought outfits. 2 of them. The maid dance and maid bow emotes are the best things ever. I am spending more money on this game than before I had a subscription. Prices on the broker on Mount Tyrannas are actually pretty reasonable right now. No idea when things will stabilize but the emote and head piece were 5K each at one point and the outfits around 20K.

They are claiming the system wide messages for getting maid items from the maid loots boxes were unintentional and will be removed on Tuesday. Riiiiiight......

NeOak

I bought outfits. 2 of them. The maid dance and maid bow emotes are the best things ever. I am spending more money on this game than before I had a subscription. Prices on the broker on Mount Tyrannas are actually pretty reasonable right now. No idea when things will stabilize but the emote and head piece were 5K each at one point and the outfits around 20K.

They are claiming the system wide messages for getting maid items from the maid loots boxes were unintentional and will be removed on Tuesday. Riiiiiight......

And what a coincidence that the Race Change voucher has a 20% discount this weekend... hmmm...

Oh, btw

ibpZPQ5eX0sebc.jpg

NeOak

Stefan™;52745604 said:
I see them ignoring other races. This bias. :mad:

Maid outfits were a request for JTERA. It just happened that WE noticed and demanded EME to get them for us.

They obliged. Obviously at a premium.

My wallet is still hurting lol

Styles

Maid outfits were a request for JTERA. It just happened that WE noticed and demanded EME to get them for us.

They obliged. Obviously at a premium.

My wallet is still hurting lol

Mine still hurts from that last event with those strongboxes. 100+ boxes and all I got were lucky hats.

Just started playing this with some buddies of mine and I'm really liking it. So far I haven't spent any money at all on it, but I don't feel like I'm being heavily nudged to either. Does it keep being reasonably balanced, or am I going to hit a paywall? I'm lv30 mystic right now.

Just started playing this with some buddies of mine and I'm really liking it. So far I haven't spent any money at all on it, but I don't feel like I'm being heavily nudged to either. Does it keep being reasonably balanced, or am I going to hit a paywall? I'm lv30 mystic right now.

There are no pay walls. Enjoy!

Izayoi

Banned
Man, it's amazing how quickly progression in MCHM goes. From wiping constantly at 70% on normal mode to downing the entire instance with 5 minutes left on 30min charms in two weeks. I'm really happy about it, though. It definitely encourages people to get better if they want to make it work. I'm many, many times better at my class than I was before I started running it. I really hope that the next pinnacle endgame encounter is the same way.

Implications.

Hardly P2W when it's only saving him a few hours of grinding.

I find it hilarious that in one post you talk about how it took you 2 weeks to be able to clear Queen HM regularly and then now you talk about a few hours of grinding. So which is it? 2 weeks or a few hours?

Izayoi

Banned
Priest. Yes I know the healer has the easiest role.

It's just frustrating to be at her for 10 mins and sudden laser or triple donut, kills 3, GG debuffs.
Find better DPS to run with. You should never have three deaths from any tell, except maybe if you get unlucky with a double-donut. If anyone ever dies from laser they are just not paying attention (or they wasted their escape on something unnecessary, again their fault).

I find it hilarious that in one post you talk about how it took you 2 weeks to be able to clear Queen HM regularly and then now you talk about a few hours of grinding. So which is it? 2 weeks or a few hours?
Please don't be intentionally dense. Two weeks to clear Queen HM, and then you start getting 20-50k per run, for four runs a day. So you're looking at anywhere from 80-200k in two hours. Hardly grinding.

That's not what I was talking about, though, and you know it. You can farm KN at 6000g an hour and afford meido in less than a day no problem.

So yeah, a few hours of grinding.

Arksy

I just realised I'm still subbed from the pre-F2P conversion. I got the recurring bill today. Gack.

Since I'm subbed I might as well use it.

How has the game been since it's conversion to F2P?

Man it's been months since I last logged in. I think I stopped at around level 52 (Slayer) or so and was in the initial PvE guild.

Thinking about getting back into the game and rejoining the guild but will have to re-download first.

Stubo

I'm really not looking forward to masterworking in the future D: The +10 - +12 failures are going to be horrible.

I think I'll just go for +9 on my Nexus gear until I can pick up some better things to masterwork, what do you guys recommend?

NeOak

I'm really not looking forward to masterworking in the future D: The +10 - +12 failures are going to be horrible.

I think I'll just go for +9 on my Nexus gear until I can pick up some better things to masterwork, what do you guys recommend?

Enchant is super easy now.

Izayoi

Banned
How has the game been since it's conversion to F2P?
Full of life. It feels like there are more people playing now than there were at launch.

What class? If you're DPS skip Agnitor gear completely. At the very least get Abyss and +9 it. If you're planning on doing Queen, you're going to want a Regent weapon and chest (although it can be done pretty easily with Abyss stuff, most PUGs are going to want you to have Regent).

Enchant is super easy now.
Yeah. You're probably going to spend ten times as much actually masterworking the item than you are getting it from +9 to +12.

omlet

Yeah. You're probably going to spend ten times as much actually masterworking the item than you are getting it from +9 to +12.

RNG, etc. Wasn't the case for me, good luck MWing, bad/average luck enchanting. At least I only have to spend money on alk. Dailies and nexus supply all the fodder and MES I need via credits.

What class? If you're DPS skip Agnitor gear completely. At the very least get Abyss and +9 it. If you're planning on doing Queen, you're going to want a Regent weapon and chest (although it can be done pretty easily with Abyss stuff, most PUGs are going to want you to have Regent).
I thought for DPS that Agnitor gloves and boots are fine? I mean the only difference is a negligible amount of defense stat that is unlikely to save you from anything anyway, right? Crit/power/movespeed are the same on agnitor/nexus/qw/regent armors. If you enchant them they all end up with the same potential offensive power so if you're poor and already have +9 nexus boots/gloves you can keep using those no problem. On the flip side, abyss armor is cheap, so it's not like a huge investment (like regent chests are), so it's kind of like a "might as well" kind of thing. I actually survived just fine in things like ACHM and MCNM in a set of +9 nexus armor while I was saving up for regent. Then again, I don't PUG things like that.

Weapon, though, you should pick up abyss unless your nexus weapon is MW'd, they're not that expensive anymore; use that until you can afford something better. I had some scrolls and decided to try a few on my Agnitor lance and if it didn't MW I would buy abyss, but I got lucky so just +12'd that to use until I can afford a Regentip...which will be a few weeks.

For body armor, if you are in +9 nexus body I'd say pick up abyss or, depending on class, grab faction (Jax in Cutthroat or UTI in Allamentheia) armor for 900 creds and use that while you save up for regent (or abyss) since some of them have nice class skill bonuses.

omlet

Thanks for the the replies guys! I'm a sorcerer if that makes any difference.

+9 your nexus gloves and boots.
Buy Unified Theory sorc robe from daily credits for 10% fireblast damage boost (can't enchant).
Buy abyss weapon and try to MW it.

Use this gear while you save up for regent stuff. Once your weapon is MW, MW your gloves next for all the attack bonuses. If you MW your nexus boots and gloves you don't need to replace them with abyss or regent. If you don't MW them, you should probably replace them after getting your abyss weapon to +12. Gloves are more important but don't neglect boots forever; movement speed is important for sorc and it's worth noting that MW'd boots get more movement speed than non-MW, max of +19.5%.

starsky

Guys a little question about the first boss in MCHM. How to avoid death from the jelly? I don't seem to have this problem in normal mode, but I can't seem to avoid getting killed by them in hard mode. I'm an archer btw, all Regents gear.

Cronox

Banned
Is there something going on with the GAF guild on Mount Tyrannis? Looks like a bunch of people left at once a few days ago. Some drama, or what?

Katoki

Is there something going on with the GAF guild on Mount Tyrannis? Looks like a bunch of people left at once a few days ago. Some drama, or what?

I was told that they're taking a break and removed themselves and all their alts from the guild. Everyone else removed was for the April 6 inactivity purge.

I was told that they're taking a break and removed themselves and all their alts from the guild. Everyone else removed was for the April 6 inactivity purge.

As Katoki said, I removed a bunch of inactive players that were long overdue. However, after careful consideration, I have decided to pass control of the guild back to Paprikka/Safflower and will be taking it easy for a while.

The guild has been pretty dead for the past month or so and it's really depressing logging into an empty room, day-in and day-out. We started with about 15-20 active members logging in daily in February and are now down to 1-2 in the past month and not for a lack of trying. We brought many new members into the guild both inside and outside of GAF but many burned out, moved on, got busy with school and classes, or just stopped playing all-together for whatever reason. It became stressful and I began to feel pressured to log in and play all the time, just to keep things going. I wanted the guild to succeed and thought that with the introduction of a F2P model there would be a legitimate chance of that happening, but this appears to be following the typical GAF MO. The current state of the game probably isn't helping much either. As cilonen said, it's a fun romp to 60 but once you get to end game it takes a completely different mindset and level of dedication in order to progress. I still believe you can progress with a small and dedicated group but unfortunately we didn't even have that.

I had a lot of fun playing with everyone and I hope we can play together again. I tried to add everyone to my friends list, but if I missed you, please feel free to add me. I'll be limiting my play time to the weekend mostly and cutting back on the insane 40-60 hours a week that I was playing to something much more reasonable. I have a massive backlog staring at me and there are a lot of other games I would like to play and things that I would like to get out and do.

Izayoi

Banned
Guys a little question about the first boss in MCHM. How to avoid death from the jelly? I don't seem to have this problem in normal mode, but I can't seem to avoid getting killed by them in hard mode. I'm an archer btw, all Regents gear.
As soon as you see jellyfish spawn, RUN AWAY. They will pick a person and follow them, and as soon as they catch up they will begin summoning lightning.

Make sure you have your camera angled so you can get a good view of them. It's up to the ranged classes/healers to call them out, because melee's screen is filled by the boss. Most melee can get out of them fine with i-frames, but Zerks will get trapped pretty frequently so it's important that you call it out.

docbon

As Katoki said, I removed a bunch of inactive players that were long overdue. However, after careful consideration, I have decided to pass control of the guild back to Paprikka/Safflower and will be taking it easy for a while.

The guild has been pretty dead for the past month or so and it's really depressing logging into an empty room, day-in and day-out. We started with about 15-20 active members logging in daily in February and are now down to 1-2 in the past month and not for a lack of trying. We brought many new members into the guild both inside and outside of GAF but many burned out, moved on, got busy with school and classes, or just stopped playing all-together for whatever reason. It became stressful and I began to feel pressured to log in and play all the time, just to keep things going. I wanted the guild to succeed and thought that with the introduction of a F2P model there would be a legitimate chance of that happening, but this appears to be following the typical GAF MO. The current state of the game probably isn't helping much either. As cilonen said, it's a fun romp to 60 but once you get to end game it takes a completely different mindset and level of dedication in order to progress. I still believe you can progress with a small and dedicated group but unfortunately we didn't even have that.

I had a lot of fun playing with everyone and I hope we can play together again. I tried to add everyone to my friends list, but if I missed you, please feel free to add me. I'll be limiting my play time to the weekend mostly and cutting back on the insane 40-60 hours a week that I was playing to something much more reasonable. I have a massive backlog staring at me and there are a lot of other games I would like to play and things that I would like to get out and do.

Alas.

Sorry I didn't stick around longer. In the end, I just wasn't feeling it. Didn't help that gw2 had multiple patches drop that utterly consumed me.

I did get that FFXIV beta key though, if you're ever up for it. I'd really like to start playing with you guys again.

Top Bottom