• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

NeOak

As Katoki said, I removed a bunch of inactive players that were long overdue. However, after careful consideration, I have decided to pass control of the guild back to Paprikka/Safflower and will be taking it easy for a while.

The guild has been pretty dead for the past month or so and it's really depressing logging into an empty room, day-in and day-out. We started with about 15-20 active members logging in daily in February and are now down to 1-2 in the past month and not for a lack of trying. We brought many new members into the guild both inside and outside of GAF but many burned out, moved on, got busy with school and classes, or just stopped playing all-together for whatever reason. It became stressful and I began to feel pressured to log in and play all the time, just to keep things going. I wanted the guild to succeed and thought that with the introduction of a F2P model there would be a legitimate chance of that happening, but this appears to be following the typical GAF MO. The current state of the game probably isn't helping much either. As cilonen said, it's a fun romp to 60 but once you get to end game it takes a completely different mindset and level of dedication in order to progress. I still believe you can progress with a small and dedicated group but unfortunately we didn't even have that.

I had a lot of fun playing with everyone and I hope we can play together again. I tried to add everyone to my friends list, but if I missed you, please feel free to add me. I'll be limiting my play time to the weekend mostly and cutting back on the insane 40-60 hours a week that I was playing to something much more reasonable. I have a massive backlog staring at me and there are a lot of other games I would like to play and things that I would like to get out and do.

So it happened again.

That sucks :/

cilonen

As Katoki said, I removed a bunch of inactive players that were long overdue. However, after careful consideration, I have decided to pass control of the guild back to Paprikka/Safflower and will be taking it easy for a while.

The guild has been pretty dead for the past month or so and it's really depressing logging into an empty room, day-in and day-out. We started with about 15-20 active members logging in daily in February and are now down to 1-2 in the past month and not for a lack of trying. We brought many new members into the guild both inside and outside of GAF but many burned out, moved on, got busy with school and classes, or just stopped playing all-together for whatever reason. It became stressful and I began to feel pressured to log in and play all the time, just to keep things going. I wanted the guild to succeed and thought that with the introduction of a F2P model there would be a legitimate chance of that happening, but this appears to be following the typical GAF MO. The current state of the game probably isn't helping much either. As cilonen said, it's a fun romp to 60 but once you get to end game it takes a completely different mindset and level of dedication in order to progress. I still believe you can progress with a small and dedicated group but unfortunately we didn't even have that.

I had a lot of fun playing with everyone and I hope we can play together again. I tried to add everyone to my friends list, but if I missed you, please feel free to add me. I'll be limiting my play time to the weekend mostly and cutting back on the insane 40-60 hours a week that I was playing to something much more reasonable. I have a massive backlog staring at me and there are a lot of other games I would like to play and things that I would like to get out and do.

Really sorry man. Hopefully you don't burn out too much. We've all been through periods of intense frustration.

If you get a second wind, come see what life is like on the carebear side sometime.

cilonen

are the pets in game yet? If they are, what are their prices?

They are now, yes.

The dragonette is the most expensive at 1500-ish EME Points or about 1300 with Elite discount (its the only discounted one I think). The candyspinner is an RNG loot box win and the rest are around 1000 EME points.

Broker prices were crazy, but the market on TR was crashing the last couple of hours. It was still more economical to buy with EME points than in game gold though as the in game broker prices were still too inflated as of an hour or so ago.

Cronox

Banned

I suppose I've been busy or just focused on leveling so I hadn't paid much attention to what was going on with the guild. Of course there are many other games and you shouldn't feel obligated to do anything. I'm actually looking forward to level 60, though maybe I'll be disappointed when I get there.

Still not sure why active people decided to leave, unless it was to find another, more active guild. Surely the act of logging on doesn't oblige you to hang out with guild people? Anyway, I suppose I'll be seeing how things pan out when I reach the endgame.

cilonen

Lonely if you're not in an MCHM static :x

There's more to life than MCHM :) It's like FoK and BT all over again, get stuck in a mode of thinking and burn out.

We do need new content quite badly though.

EDIT: now I'm getting the really evil looks from the other half wondering why I haven't turned off the computer yet....

Coverly

They are now, yes.

The dragonette is the most expensive at 1500-ish EME Points or about 1300 with Elite discount (its the only discounted one I think). The candyspinner is an RNG loot box win and the rest are around 1000 EME points.

Broker prices were crazy, but the market on TR was crashing the last couple of hours. It was still more economical to buy with EME points than in game gold though as the in game broker prices were still too inflated as of an hour or so ago.

Thanks. I'm not really crazy about any of them visually but I really like loot pets so I'll just pick what's cheapest, glad they are not as expensive as the maid outfits.

omlet

There's more to life than MCHM :) It's like FoK and BT all over again, get stuck in a mode of thinking and burn out.

We do need new content quite badly though.

EDIT: now I'm getting the really evil looks from the other half wondering why I haven't turned off the computer yet....

Oh, I know there's more than MCHM... and I enjoy doing the other stuff too like CoF and even other stuff like MCNM, AC on either mode, chillaxing with some dailies or zerging nexus, etc. It's just that it's hard to even do those other things sometimes.........because so many other people are focused on MCHM and I haven't been able to make any traction on finding time/people to learn it with because when I'm on others are doing their own runs, etc.

Edit:
It's ok, we'll have that week long GvG to spice things up.

Oh yeah, I guess I better gquit for the week so I don't cost you points all week since I still have no PvP gear.

Lonely if you're not in an MCHM static :x

Pretty much. There is literally nothing to do in Tera unless you want to run Queen all day, and you need a static for that. Plus there's the small wrinkle of spending your first 20+ MCHM runs wiping horribly. You need a small but dedicated group of friends to be an MCHM farmer who all start the same time as you and are willing to die with you over and over again until you all "get" the Queen's patterns and timing because no one who has suffered through the learning process wants to teach someone new as it's pretty awful.

Some classes have it much harder than others too. Izayoi is one of only 3 Zerkers who I personally know that can clear MCHM with any consistency, there are 2 other Zerkers in TFT who also ran MCHM a lot but one burned out and quit and the other only logs on to chat now because there's nothing for him to do now that he's in VM. I can chat with him on Steam just as well without having to log in. I've tried MCHM myself on my Zerker and I'm sure I could learn it if I died enough times but I need 4 other friends who want to die with me every night for 2 weeks and that's pretty hard to come by in Tera, a game which is only really played at endgame by the hardest of the hardcore MMO grinders. Going F2P hasn't changed the fact that Tera is incredibly Korean at endgame and quite frankly it's not very fun to play a lot of the time.

I still log in once every few weeks because I love being a cute Elin.

Izayoi

Banned
Some classes have it much harder than others too. Izayoi is one of only 3 Zerkers who I personally know that can clear MCHM with any consistency, there are 2 other Zerkers in TFT who also ran MCHM a lot but one burned out and quit and the other only logs on to chat now because there's nothing for him to do now that he's in VM.
I got pretty lucky and joined my guild right when they were starting up MCNM runs, that's true. MCHM is really rough on Zerkers, but you'll learn fast if you can find someone who's willing to be patient (which is admittedly rare unless you have a good guild). I went from being terrified of even getting near her to i-framing stand to do more damage in about two weeks. You'll die a lot but once you learn it Zerker is by far the best DPS in the game for Queen.

Sadly, Archers and Warriors are pretty mediocre in MCHM. Zerker/Sorc/Slayer rule it DPS-wise right now, and usually you end up carrying the lacking DPS (unless they do gathering buffs).

If you're on MT I'd be happy to run with you in a bit when we get a few more VM in JFW. I want to start learning runs, probably in about two weeks I'll be taking anyone and everyone who's interested in going (if I know them).

Alas.

Sorry I didn't stick around longer. In the end, I just wasn't feeling it. Didn't help that gw2 had multiple patches drop that utterly consumed me.

I did get that FFXIV beta key though, if you're ever up for it. I'd really like to start playing with you guys again.

No prob! I'll try to catch you on Steam. Not sure how much of this phase we'll be playing since it's just the same as the others with controller support added. I'm really looking forward to phase 3 which will supposedly feature a lot of revamped class abilities and a bit more content.

I got pretty lucky and joined my guild right when they were starting up MCNM runs, that's true. MCHM is really rough on Zerkers, but you'll learn fast if you can find someone who's willing to be patient (which is admittedly rare unless you have a good guild). I went from being terrified of even getting near her to i-framing stand to do more damage in about two weeks. You'll die a lot but once you learn it Zerker is by far the best DPS in the game for Queen.

Sadly, Archers and Warriors are pretty mediocre in MCHM. Zerker/Sorc/Slayer rule it DPS-wise right now, and usually you end up carrying the lacking DPS (unless they do gathering buffs).

If you're on MT I'd be happy to run with you in a bit when we get a few more VM in JFW. I want to start learning runs, probably in about two weeks I'll be taking anyone and everyone who's interested in going (if I know them).

I'm definitely interested. Let me know when you start doing this.

My Lancer was in JFW for leveling but I don't know if they've kicked her by now or not, it's been like 3 weeks since I logged in. My main is still in TFT but I haven't logged her in since before Meido dropped.

I would like to get into some training runs but at this point I would probably want to restart on MCNM and get pretty good at that before I would even think of doing MCHM. Naturally now that you mention it, I'll be out of the country for about 3 weeks in about a week or so and therefore won't be playing any games during that time. Timing is everything in MMOs and I have the worst.

Izayoi

Banned
I'm definitely interested. Let me know when you start doing this.
Sure thing. She's pretty much on farm now, we're doing four runs a day consistently with no wipes. It's just a matter of getting a few more Quills before we bring people who aren't in the guild.

would like to get into some training runs but at this point I would probably want to restart on MCNM and get pretty good at that before I would even think of doing MCHM. Naturally now that you mention it, I'll be out of the country for about 3 weeks in about a week or so and therefore won't be playing any games during that time. Timing is everything in MMOs and I have the worst.
Well, for what it's worth, I definitely won't be quitting anytime soon. I'm leveling a Sorc and a Slayer with the intent of getting them VM as well.

Izayoi

Banned
coloncaratrightparentomuk8.png

Finished it last night, now to make Acuity.

Cronox

Banned
I'd say it's been a week since I've seen anyone but myself logged into Tera in the NeoGAF guild on MT, and I've been online during primetime (nights 7pm-1am pacific) every day. Who is this guild leader Safflower? I'm level 57 now, so I suppose when I get to 60 I'll review the situation.

Edit: taking a look at last online people I see a few have been around.

Izayoi

Banned
I'd say it's been a week since I've seen anyone but myself logged into Tera in the NeoGAF guild on MT, and I've been online during primetime (nights 7pm-1am pacific) every day. Who is this guild leader Safflower? I'm level 57 now, so I suppose when I get to 60 I'll review the situation.

Edit: taking a look at last online people I see a few have been around.
What are you planning on doing at endgame?

Yup.

Izayoi, congrats on your axe, that's awesome :)
Thanks!

Cronox

Banned
What are you planning on doing at endgame?

Ostensibly hit the armor/weapon grind. I'm a lancer so I'll be learning the dungeons intimately. Would be good to have guildmates I could group with semi-regularly. 58 now, doing argon war quests.

Izayoi

Banned
Ostensibly hit the armor/weapon grind. I'm a lancer so I'll be learning the dungeons intimately. Would be good to have guildmates I could group with semi-regularly. 58 now, doing argon war quests.
Add Yinwaru to your friend list. I'll help you out if you like. Also, your gear is going to be very expensive, just a heads-up.

Can Warriors competently tank nowadays?
Yep, Warriors can tank anything in the game except SjG (no leash).

Stubo

That global chat image is brilliant :D There always seems to be stupid (and funny) stuff being said in it all day long.

I used 50 MES today trying to get my first item Masterworked...50 fails in a row. This game is trying to break me D:

Izayoi

Banned
I used 50 MES today trying to get my first item Masterworked...50 fails in a row. This game is trying to break me D:
I know people who have spent 300+ MES with no Masterwork.

I would recommend selling the MES and buying CES instead, math says that if MES is more than 280g ea on your server it's cheaper to use CES to Masterwork items.

NeOak

Yup, it's a problem with ScaleForm. They would have to completely rewrite the UI from the ground up which is not going to happen.

It is listed as a critical bug for BHS to fix according to Knox, but that's the most we've gotten from EME atm.

SmallWind

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/foru...he-Dark-Side-Weekend-Event?page=1#post-855695

Along with putting dark side items on Valkyon Outfitters, we’ve added some great ways to celebrate the dark side of TERA. This weekend, from maintenance on Thursday, April 25 to maintenance on Tuesday, April 30, players can purchase masterwork alkahest boxes from general merchants in all three major cities.

Also during this time, all strongboxes gain the chance to drop either 200 master enigmatic scrolls or the special dark mark head slot accessory.

Masterwork alkahest boxes guarantee 16 masterwork alkahests and offer the chance to win up to 16 more. But hurry! They’re only available this weekend!

omlet

I wonder what the price on the boxes is going to be. I'm ready to sink some gold out of circulation to stock up a bit if they're not unreasonably priced. I'm one enchant away from full +12 regent on my lancer and not expecting to get VM any time soon if ever so it'll be nice to be able to get that finished soon and be able to save up for some spellbind and throw some resources at my alts.

Nekofrog

Banned
Sorry guys, the masterworking shit broke me and Eviction. We've moved on. We wanted to keep playing, but the RNG is too much bullshit to deal with. He was upwards of 200 or so scrolls with no MW, I was around 100.

Top Bottom