• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Kammie

In the end this happened

iBVUcQcZ3xeUs.png
ibhaQ3jlTMlTEE.png
Blasphemy. Where are the ears!

NeOak

Stefan™;58284712 said:
That doesn't even load for me either.

Edit: Just checked on FB. It looks like some are still having problems connecting to the website and game.

Oh sorry. Yeah, most likely a dns issue.

cilonen

Kammie

Who the hell is going to spend $100 for EMP?
Some guy posted order confirmations on the official forums when people didn't believe him that he spent $300 on RNG boxes for icegrip skins and got not a single one. There's enough of those out there.

There's also some guy who seems to exclusively buy stuff from the store and sell on broker. About a month back he had about $900 worth of alkahest boxes up in a bundle.

T.O.P

Banned
Well, at least you get douple points and double drops weekend, that's what we get

20% DISCOUNT ON SLEIPNIR MOUNT
This month is filled with the celebration of the 1 year anniversary of TERA in Europe.

From Monday, 27th of May 2013 until Wednesday, 29th of May 2013 we'll offer a 20% discount on the Sleipnir mount in our shop*!

Make sure to use this offer and secure yourself this awesome frosty mount for the hot days ahead in Arborea.

*Please note that the promotion will go live during Monday and will be deactivated late on Wednesday. Check the in-game shop to make sure that the discount is displayed and active, before you buy the item.

we had 1 double drop weekend and the double drop was available for all instances except MCHM, gameforge, u fuckin bastards

also, we had an Eline Special Box in the shop where you could get the maid costumes, fun facts, for about 8 hours after the event started, no server got a single maid costume out of them, game forge then "stealthly" added them without saying shit and without adressing the fact that they didn't put the fuckin costume in the boxes

NeOak

3 Ancient: 3-man instance dungeon called "Ancient Underground"
5 Pirates: 5-man dungeon called "Pirate of the Red Mist"
7 Giant: 7-man dungeon called "Giant" (lol)
10 Magician: 10-man Raid dungeon called "Wizard of the Fortress"
14 Strongest: The strongest new set of gear

It's related the new alliance I think where this new gear are made up from the new materials that was just introduced last week's patch Even though alliance gear are more for PvP, you can actually set these for PvE as well. The information regarding on making them and stats are unknown but they will reveal more of that later on.

bYZ5ish.jpg

PnVqifv.jpg

Noirulus

Started playing about a week ago. It's a fun game with some great production values, really surprised that it's f2p. Even most of the paid perks can be purchased with the in-game currency, I think? I love their revenue model.

The Pegasus flights are really cool! I was stunned the first time I rode it.

Started playing about a week ago. It's a fun game with some great production values, really surprised that it's f2p. Even most of the paid perks can be purchased with the in-game currency, I think? I love their revenue model.

Most MMOs which start out P2P and transition to F2P have pretty good revenue models, because they were never designed to swallow your wallet like Nexon MMOs. Except SWTOR. Fuck that game.

NeOak

Look at those wonderful Elin thighs!

Holy shit! A ghost!

Enjoy the ride! Enjoy it!

the destination, end game, suuuuuuuuuuuucks

Noirulus

Most MMOs which start out P2P and transition to F2P have pretty good revenue models, because they were never designed to swallow your wallet like Nexon MMOs. Except SWTOR. Fuck that game.

Haven't played MMOs in years so I was under the presumption that all F2P games are still out to dine on your money, heh.

Thanks. Sucks to hear about the end-game but I'm only Lv. 40 at the moment so hopefully I still have a ton of content left to explore!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Every unlock for free players in SWTOR can be purchased on the GTN (auction house equivalent) with credits.

daedalius

Wife and I are totally bored of WoW, and Neverwinter is a step up but still not really what I want.

Decided to check this out since I can actually play with a controller (shoulder is thankful), and it looks like it play almost like a CAG... which is incredible.

Downloading it now!

Haven't played MMOs in years so I was under the presumption that all F2P games are still out to dine on your money, heh.

Thanks. Sucks to hear about the end-game but I'm only Lv. 40 at the moment so hopefully I still have a ton of content left to explore!

idk. im enjoying end-game, so far.... :> but i guess it depends on the people you know in-game a lot?

what character are you playing?

Westlo

Every unlock for free players in SWTOR can be purchased on the GTN (auction house equivalent) with credits.

It's still a time investment you shouldn't have to put into the game for something that should be there from the start. It goes without saying that I'm glad RIFT is more like TERA in its F2P as opposed to TOR. The cosmetic stuff for TERA and TOR being on the AH is a good step, things that should be standard being on the AH or behind a paywall is bullshit.

FYC

Banned
I haven't played since January

Time to reap my Founder benefits hehe

Holy shit! A ghost!

Oh, the end game still sucks? That's why I stopped playing in the first place :p Then again I didn't really get into it

cilonen

Stefan™;60354709 said:
I think you need VM gear to craft them? ;)

Yeah, one of the options looks like it'll be a VM upgrade; I'm holding out that the other all new mats option is good. Allegedly VM designs drop from faction / federation events in the new update though, so all is not quite lost :)

Izayoi

Banned
Yeah, one of the options looks like it'll be a VM upgrade; I'm holding out that the other all new mats option is good. Allegedly VM designs drop from faction / federation events in the new update though, so all is not quite lost :)
Unless you're a Lancer or a Warrior it isn't the designs that kills your wallet, it's the horrendous drop rates on Vitriol. Are there new ways to get vits? Another thing to note is that they've steadily decreased the Quill drop-rate over the past few months, and now getting Quills can be a huge challenge in and of itself. I don't think that getting VM is going to be any easier than it is now.

Also, I was under the impression that both the PvP and PvE sets would need VM gear to craft. You select the option you want, and then it consumes your piece of VM. Similar to the way crafting Conjunct works now.

Kit Airwave

Neo Member
I've been on almost every day again. I do really enjoy it although the pvp needs a massive overhaul.

I'm on Mount Tyrannas:

Optimist 60 - Slayer- ilevel 158
Verake 46 - Zerker
Explodey -47 Warrior

Hit me up! and I would love to see more people join so we could do some GvG. Fragmented sentence.

Top Bottom