• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Vesper73

ugh it's too easy to level in this game!
I'm missing quest because I out level them before I get to them, wth am I doing wrong???

I hate this as well.

I'm going to have to play through missed areas with an alt. But if I complain anymore, it will invoke a distinct 'first world problem' vibe.

NeOak

Btw, i was doing some solo runs with my lv 50 priest in BoL and SM, and I got rare (blue) and superior (gold) items each time. So I'm inclined to call the wild theory that a "higher level character nerfs the drop rate" pure BS.

I've run it quite a few times to get gear for lower level guildies.

Wallach

Btw, i was doing some solo runs with my lv 50 priest in BoL and SM, and I got rare (blue) and superior (gold) items each time. So I'm inclined to call the wild theory that a "higher level character nerfs the drop rate" pure BS.

I've run it quite a few times to get gear for lower level guildies.

It is real, it's just not a flat nerf where you get nothing. It impacts the drop rate up to I think 50%.

Vesper73

Aaaaand all my friends jumped ship to play Diablo III. :(

We're going to do both! I suppose pretending to strike a balance in things seems utterly ridiculous seeing the overload in gaming that will ensue next week. However, I stride forward in full confidence and with great enthusiasm!

The week long 'gaming with the pards' at my place begins Monday night. Many a libation shall be ingested, and too few showers taken. But at then end, we shall all be the better for it!

Paprikka

I don't log out in cites, I think I may be leveling to fast because I turn in all of the available guild quest for each zone.

The guild quests don't give any xp, it's just those guild tokens. I think it's just there are more quests to do than you need so if you're like me and have to complete everything before moving on you end up overleveled.

Of course in my case I'm sure it didn't help either I killed ovoliths for an hour or so to help someone get the achievement and gained an extra level on top of everything else.

Lhexh

Nope. Farm gold, buy Alkahest. You used to be able to get the higher grade Alkahest as dungeon rewards and other quest rewards in K-TERA but not in the NA version.

At 20 gold a piece and it may fail. ><;;

What seems to be the moneymaker right now in the game? I have just been questing my ass off.

At 20 gold a piece and it may fail. ><;;

What seems to be the moneymaker right now in the game? I have just been questing my ass off.

The majority of my money has been from gold dungeon drops, high grade crystals that drop from BAMs like Fine Swift, Fine Carving, some alchemy items, etc.

Some mobs and BAMs also drop a decent amount of gold per kill. There may be more money in alchemy but it seems that a lot of people are doing it right now. Still testing the waters...

I was a little freaked out by these story quests that have you kill BAMs in the Dark Cathedral, but I guess they're easier than normal BAMs or I'm a BAP since I was able to solo them. I think they have reduced health or something compared to normal BAMs. Still feels good to win, though.

I was a little freaked out by these story quests that have you kill BAMs in the Dark Cathedral, but I guess they're easier than normal BAMs or I'm a BAP since I was able to solo them. I think they have reduced health or something compared to normal BAMs. Still feels good to win, though.

Yeah, those BAMs were nerfed to ridiculous levels for some reason.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got from 34 to 36. Although I'm seeing more people than before, it's still nearly impossible to find a priest for something other than dungeons. Oh well, I'm 4 levels above the quests I'm currently doing, so I can safely skip the group ones (or so I hope).

12 new screenshots added to my minus album:
ibagUYwvYScnG9.png

ib1jZReJurTPxq.png

iZuMjKamLlnSS.png

Rokal

Yeah, those BAMs were nerfed to ridiculous levels for some reason.

It seems like all the story quest BAMs were nerfed to be soloable. During the beta the named Kuma for the story quest in Celestial Hills was a bit harder than the other Kumas in the area. However, you could use a special bomb to make the story quest BAMs easier. I think they just split the different in the live NA version of the game: no nerf-bombs to throw, but named story quest BAMs are much easier than they were.

Ken

Got from 34 to 36. Although I'm seeing more people than before, it's still nearly impossible to find a priest for something other than dungeons. Oh well, I'm 4 levels above the quests I'm currently doing, so I can safely skip the group ones (or so I hope).

12 new screenshots added to my minus album:

I was just there last night in the pirate dungeon place. I really dislike multi-level dungeons. @_@

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was just there last night in the pirate dungeon place. I really dislike multi-level dungeons. @_@
Well, at least it didn't have 4 (?) levels like the mine. Plus half of the mobs had surprisingly low hp and gave neat xp.
But yeah, I prefer open fields, too.

Trey

There's nothing wrong with Elins beyond the typical oversexualization in all Korean games. Deal with it.

I find them kind of creepy, actually. I get the oversexed, cute child vibe, too. But I do deal with it by ignoring them when I see them, and never playing them myself.

g23

European pre-madonna
Anyone else play with a controller? I playing my priest with a ps3 dual shock and it feels great. So much more convenient.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They're creepy only from a design standpoint, weird proportions + ugly baby faces.

Everything else is just people being uncomfortable with lolis.

Tess3ract

Banned
Safe Haven Scrolls...I know they're completely random, but is there a "better" place to farm them rather than "You may get one while you quest"? I'm running low.
Go to a low level bam, farm them for an hour.

I've got more res scrolls and safe haven scrolls than I know what to do with -_-

Haly

Use /unstuck. I haven't used a Safe Haven scroll for some 20 levels or so.

Haly

Is there a way to costume boots?

These ugly purple ones are totally cramping my style.

Haly

By costume I mean wear one item but use the model from another. There's a tab for it, but only armor and weapon are available, since I don't think hair adornments or masks are in the game.

Are dye expensive?

Lhexh

Anyone else play with a controller? I playing my priest with a ps3 dual shock and it feels great. So much more convenient.

This was one of the things that drew me to the game I think mouse and keyboard either hit too close to the workplace or they are just too damn clunky for me.

scotcheggz

In dungeons or parties, there is a little number and bar that goes up 1-10 under mobs health, what's this mean? I thought it was emnity at first, but doesn't seem to make sense like that. Am I missing something simple here?

Wallach

In dungeons or parties, there is a little number and bar that goes up 1-10 under mobs health, what's this mean? I thought it was emnity at first, but doesn't seem to make sense like that. Am I missing something simple here?

This should only happen when you have a Warrior in the party, it's their Edge counter. They stack it and spend it on moves (or really pre-60 it's just one move).

scotcheggz

This should only happen when you have a Warrior in the party, it's their Edge counter. They stack it and spend it on moves (or really pre-60 it's just one move).

Ohhh yep, I got ya, that makes sense, thats the reason it only sometimes happened I guess lol. Was freaking me out, thanks!

2San

Argh damn story quest is bugged(Tera precocious apprentice), I did it in a group, but they completed it, but it didn't for me for some reason. The quest is now stuck reset does nothing. Does it matter if I skip it(it seems to be the last of that particular chain)? Can't seem to be able to abandon it.

Paprikka

By costume I mean wear one item but use the model from another. There's a tab for it, but only armor and weapon are available, since I don't think hair adornments or masks are in the game.

Are dye expensive?

There isn't a costume slot for shoes, but you can just remodel them instead, though this destroys the item used as a template and some of the templates can be expensive.

And dyes are pretty cheap, it's like 50s for ones that last a day and a gold for ones that last a week.

mileS

Question about camera options. In the beta wasn't there a slider for how far you could zoom the camera out? If so I assume they removed it? or maybe I'm blind and I missed it. Anyone know?

It seems like all the story quest BAMs were nerfed to be soloable. During the beta the named Kuma for the story quest in Celestial Hills was a bit harder than the other Kumas in the area. However, you could use a special bomb to make the story quest BAMs easier. I think they just split the different in the live NA version of the game: no nerf-bombs to throw, but named story quest BAMs are much easier than they were.

Aha! I abandoned some of those CH quests and I've had that bomb in my inventory ever since with no way to destroy it or sell it. I knew it had to be from some earlier quest but had no idea what... now I know where to go at least.

Unless it's left over from OBT? Then I'm probably screwed and will be carrying this thing around forever.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
lolwut. just found a gold item from a regular enemy. so good.

There is a spot outside of dragonfall where if you are around level 50 you can get about a gold drop every 20 minutes. Once you outlevel the mobs though its over :p My friend made over 2k off that

Top Bottom