• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Been awhile since i posted picture.

Sir.Paddington got disconnected at this point lol. I thought at first he was doing that on porpoise.

You can't tell but they are under waterz.

and this is at SA i think.

Owensboro

If I want to make a healing alt, which one is better, Priest or Mystic? I've been hearing that Mystic is better endgame wise but I wanted more opinions.

I was in the same predicament when rolling my main! Through all my research it came down to the following:

Priest - Better at "Oh Shit" healing. Has more healing spells, more utilities to save groups in trouble, better dispels.

Mystic - Better at Support (but still a great healer). The kicker here is mostly skill of the player though. You have to be able to drop healing balls everywhere, drop mana balls near DPS to keep their mana up, and most of all be on top of healing. They are preferred because they help speed run dungeons a little faster (+crit buff). Only has 3 real heals for groups.

Because of the way my normal Tank and I usually play MMOs (reckless, with chain pulls, and pulling way to many groups, and attempting to do things 2 people shouldn't be able to do in the first place) I ended up going with Priest. I've always been a better "oh shit" healer then a super preemptive one (if my healing as Scoundrel on SWTOR taught me anything).

The real kicker for me was that Mystic healing requires everyone in your group to be smart and heal themselves with the Orbs on the ground. Because of my experience in WoW with Lightwell never working in random groups no matter how many times I told DPS to heal themselves, that scared the hell out of me. I would much rather have the power to cover for a stupid group member then suffer for them not knowing what to do. Of course, Guild groups negate stupid group members, but sometimes no one wants to do an instance and the LFG tool is your only option!

Sblargh

Banned
This game is sucking my life big time right now, but I think I'll be able to calm down now that I've done the first dungeon and saw how healing works.
And it's pretty cool, it's very "heal when necessary otherwise nothing in the world will save you from aggro". It's also very tense when you *need* to heal someone and can't find him in the screen, which makes the lock-on mechanic awesome. Anyway, it's very fun.

Also, I did the dungeon without a tank, so it was good to really hammer home that healing is a matter of watching the battle trying to keep up with all the movement and then chasing whoever needs chasing at the right time. If I could wait a DPS get down to 50% health before actively looking for him, I should be fine babysitting a tank.

Ryuuga

Banned
I like Ascent of Saravash. It truly shows the result of great teamwork, patience and effort on behalf of everyone in the party. You can have experience runners mixed in with first-timers and still yield better results and a faster run time then a group of experienced runners who are unwilling or unable to cooperate with the each other. Should be called Ascent of Solidarity.

elwes

I swear the Alienware troll circlejerks in every chat channel are worth the price of admission for this game alone.

The Area chat in general is hilariously bad. It's like someone bottled up 4chan, sans any iota of rational, intelligent thought, and made them all talk at once about only three topics.

T.O.P

Banned
Loot for today, reached lvl42, orange weapon + armor <3

ibtdrwN3WcXCTm.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

That's a BAM?

Wat.

When does this game become Metroid prime?

Tess3ract

Banned
I saw a video of one of the endgame dungeons where when one of the bosses moves around it looks like it becomes a mini starship, lol

Haly

Well we know they're not trying to build the greatest fantasy world of all time. They just want to make fun things.

Fun things are fun.

Scum

Sweet. I've been away from TERA for a few days. Just got back and got to lvl 42 and just picked up Backstab. Awww yeah! Time to wander off and put it to the test. :3

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sweet. I've been away from TERA for a few days. Just got back and got to lvl 42 and just picked up Backstab. Awww yeah! Time to wander off and put it to the test. :3

Congrats you unlocked warrior

Also god damn this game's music is so constantly good. This has to be the only mmo I haven't muted after this long.

Scum

I just need to get my gear sorted out now. Anyone got any good ideas as to what I should be doing or visiting to get decent stuff?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dat Backstab! :O

This is now how you will level when it's up. equip an enrage bonus crit damage, and bonus damage on crit from behind to normal and the anything one. Combative strike, backstab, pounce, traverse cut, blade draw, combative strike, rain of blows, death from above, vortex slash.

Haly

Interesting rotation, mine is:

Pounce -> Rain of Blows -> Combative Strike -> Traverse Cut -> Blade Draw

If Blade Draw Reset:
Rising Fury -> Blade Draw

If Not:
Pounce ->Rain of BLows

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Interesting rotation, mine is:

Pounce -> Rain of Blows -> Combative Strike -> Traverse Cut -> Blade Draw

If Blade Draw Reset:

If Not:
Pounce ->Rain of BLows

Huh. Why not start with combative strike? it goes off cooldown by the time the pounce->blade draw combo ends and rain of blows gets haste off of combative strike as well.

Haly

Deals less damage than Pounce and has less range.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Deals less damage than Pounce and has less range.

wut it's like a 2 or 3 yard difference and doing it in that order nets you more damage in the same time frame. Your goal when dpsing or soloing and such is two things. Land a blade draw when ever its up, and land with combative strike when ever its up.

Scum

Rip & Snarl [lvl 44] - 76gold
Primed Hairath's Tunic [lvl 42] - 55gold
Primed Harayan's Royal Boots [lvl 42] - 27 gold

What do you guys think?

This is now how you will level when it's up. equip an enrage bonus crit damage, and bonus damage on crit from behind to normal and the anything one. Combative strike, backstab, pounce, traverse cut, blade draw, combative strike, rain of blows, death from above, vortex slash.
*grabs pen & notepad*
Uh huh....yeah....cheers. Thanks. :D

Haly

wut it's like a 2 or 3 yard difference and doing it in that order nets you more damage in the same time frame.
Over 40 or so hours that range difference adds up :3

Also ever since I reached 40s HP conservation has been a small problem. I prefer not to use combative strike as often as I did at lower levels.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Over 40 or so hours that range difference adds up :3

Not when you are mounted and can just run straight up to a mob o_O If I wasnt playing alts and stuff to wait for my friends to level I would of been 60 ages ago :(

Just trust me and try it out and watch how much faster stuff dies.

HP is an issue? o_O go to the specially vendor and stock up on 4 hp regen crystals and spec the glyph that cuts hp cost in half on combative strike.

Haly

I run 3 vigorous runes and I have the Combative glyph.

Also I'm not sure why you use Death from Above, it doesn't deal that much damage and it's really slow, for me it's just dodge.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I run 3 vigorous runes and I have the Combative glyph.

Also I'm not sure why you use Death from Above, it doesn't deal that much damage and it's really slow, for me it's just dodge.

It deals almost as much damage as vortex slash it also has a 50% chance to proc a 15% attack speed buff. Which in return makes killing the next mob go even faster and so on.

I usually do Combative Strike > Traverse Cut > Blade Draw > DFA for speed boost.

If Blade Draw doesn't reset, then Pounce + Rain of Blows.

If Blade Draw resets Charging Strike > Blade Draw

Then Rising Fury > Blade Draw if it resets again.

Death From Above or Evade > Vortex > Blade Draw if it resets again.

Haly

I don't use the attack speed glyph for Death from Above so!

For me it's just a numbers problem. Our two highest DPS moves are Blade Draw and Rain of Blows, every second those skills are on cooldown and we're not using them is a loss in DPS. Stacking Transverse to 13 is a waste of time because regular mobs don't last long enough for the endurance debuff to really make a difference.

My other rotation starts:
Pounce -> Rain of Blows -> Dodge -> Vortex Cut -> Blade Draw

If Blade Draw resets:

If Not
Combative Strike -> Transverse Cut

Then repeat.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't use the attack speed glyph for Death from Above so!

For me it's just a numbers problem. Our two highest DPS moves are Blade Draw and Rain of Blows, every second those skills are on cooldown and we're not using them is a loss in DPS.

lol It doesnt work quite like that. But whatever it's up to you to do and actually try out the stuff Im saying. I've tested this shit for hours already -.-

I find fucking ripping off over 70% of a mobs life from behind with a 60k crit blade draw cause of traverse cut going through to be worth stacking 13.

Also a series of crits off travers cut does about 32k plus damage for me right now

Torraz

Any advice on berserkers on how to achieve these insane crits? I'm frequently in groups with another zerker who constantly go "whoa xxxxx crit lolz", but it seems at the same time my crits are only around 1/3-1/2 of theirs... Should I look at specific glyphs? What gives?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Don't buy anything off the AH unless you're really really behind on gear. You get really good gear from completing story missions.

But in some cases, I would disagree. There's a lance at 38 that outshines anything but the gold lance from CR by miles.

Always gotta check what's available!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I always recommend getting weapons off the ah if they are with'n your budget and dont leave you flat ass broke. Skip the 54 ones though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Which crit bonus crystals are you referring to?

- crit when behind
- crit when monster is enraged

What's the third one?

Third one is a rare crystal that is split into different types. Boss/Normal monster, it stacks with the anyone from behind one.

It's called Backbiting for the normal monster one and Acrimonious for the boss one

Don't buy anything off the AH unless you're really really behind on gear. You get really good gear from completing story missions.

I gotta disagree here. I always check AH for the next available WEAPON only upgrade and its cost.

I got a 38 rare axe that cost only 3g and was 300+ Attack than the axe available from story-line quests.

My tip would be to always keep checking AH for weapon upgrades, especially rare and above as those will be much better than the quest rewards.

Top Bottom