• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

TGMIII

It's hard to make a PC weigh 50 lb. I have a Core i7 machine with 2x GTX 470s, an SSD, and 2 hard drives inside a Cooler Master HAF 932. It doesn't weigh 50 lbs. and the HAF 932 is like the Hummer of computer cases.

That would be the HAF X.

I have to say, solo leveling a Mystic is painful. Haven't really played the last few days due to it. Might roll something else like a slayer for a bit and see hoqw I feel after awhile.

Ken

What level are you? Sounds like you are probably close to my Berserker's level.

I need any help I can get because taking 15-20 seconds to kill a sabretooth out of 12 compared to the 2 seconds it takes my slayer to kill it is not fun. ;_;

jiien

Welp, I have to work late again today. Going in now, and will be working until midnight. D: You guys are gonna level way past me now.

Wallach

I need any help I can get because taking 15-20 seconds to kill a sabretooth out of 12 compared to the 2 seconds it takes my slayer to kill it is not fun. ;_;

My Berserker is level 35. Let me know when you are going to be on tonight and I'll jump on Metzger for tonight. I have been looking for a leveling partner for him!

We can queue up for CR if we quest up through to get the quests for it (right at 35 it's a bit rough but 36-37 is easy and I already have all the gold items from CR on my 'zerker so you won't have to fight me for loot).

Try a Priest >.>

When I'm questing with Donovan, I feel like it's pretty clear that I kill faster than him. Lancers and Mystics both seem worse off than Priests.

Ken

My Berserker is level 35. Let me know when you are going to be on tonight and I'll jump on Metzger for tonight. I have been looking for a leveling partner for him!

We can queue up for CR if we quest up through to get the quests for it (right at 35 it's a bit rough but 36-37 is easy and I already have all the gold items from CR on my 'zerker so you won't have to fight me for loot).

When I'm questing with Donovan, I feel like it's pretty clear that I kill faster than him. Lancers and Mystics both seem worse off than Priests.

Awesome. I'll send you a FR when I get on in about 2 and a half hours.

I think we can get to at least 36/37 before CR right? I haven't gone to Tulufan yet.

Wallach

Awesome. I'll send you a FR when I get on in about 2 and a half hours.

I think we can get to at least 36/37 before CR right? I haven't gone to Tulufan yet.

There's more than enough to get that high before CR yeah. CR is in an open-world dungeon that has a ton of quests and we have to go in there for the story quest anyway. I was probably 38 before I actually had the quest to go into CR.

Izayoi

Banned

Ichabod

Banned
Aw man, I wonder if that book skin is a tip of the hat to Aion. If they ever put katanas in the game I'm going to roll a warrior stat.

Sblargh

Banned
Well, you know, from an objective point of view or whatever, 10 bucks for a skin is expensive, but when you think you really only have one main, paying 10 dollars for him to have a different weapon doesn't seem much.
But they'll have to do it better than that for me to buy the staff skin. This one looks kind of poor and not-epic-at-all compared to the other stuff.

Izayoi

Banned
The Hammer is awesome. Love that it's just a costume slot too and will work on any weapon with no reforging required.

1rfzj7.png

2ijab6.png

3c0y6a.png

Effect

Hmm. I went on an alt spree this evening. Ended up creating and leveling the following to around level 5.

Female Castanic Archer
Female Aman Warrior
Male Aman Mystic
Male Aman Berserker
Male Human Sorcerer (first character I made)

Still not sure which I want to really tackle first. Wasn't really feeling the sorcerer once I hit level 5/6 but just got a trap spell and that made battle more interesting. Figure as I keep getting more and more powers things will improve. Same happen with Mystic once I got the thrall. Enjoy the others equally as well. No one class is standing out as the worse of the group at the moment. I really like how my warrior and berserker look at the moment as well. Guess I could put them in a hat and pick one and just focus on that until I get to max level. Knowing which might be more in demand for groups later one might help but the game just came out so no way of knowing on that front at the moment. At least it gives me something to think about during downtime at work tomorrow.

NeOak

25$ on Amazon next week for the game.

Source on this?

Edit: nvm, found it:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580 said:
May 19th and May 26th – TERA Online – 50% off both Standard and Collector’s Edition (both come with 30 days playtime).
Standard – $24.99
Collector’s - $29.99

As for the images, they are from the Queen of Argon Part 1 stuff

http://tera.enjin.com/forum/m/3965282/viewthread/2250476-queen-argon-part-1-spoilers/page/5 said:
85e8b8ed21a446cf349114ea4fdac62e.jpg

25cad13906a0cea63822711a6cb21c64.jpg

b9eead3f89aadbc85c4afdc73f0bac22.jpg

These are the ones we got now:
d816b25aaab475ccbb96d5d623425bbd.jpg

The golden weapons:
34acd11be254bb23d13086c80155a8bd.jpg

Armor:
7ff065e876317644d8af0af7f4de1dee.jpg

a2f62fadbcfd97f321fdbed366b0fbe8.jpg

57b97fdc9050ebe0e190591f13736eec.jpg

Some of that armor is nasty as shit but that's only model viewer pics.

Ken

Didn't catch your last message before I exited the game, Wallach. I'll probably play some more tomorrow if you're on.

Arksy

Thinking of making a sorcerer as I haven't tried them before.

I hear they are the highest damage class in the game. Anything else I can expect while playing one?

Ever played Heroes of Newerth? If yes then the Sorc plays a bit like Soulstealers dark hands skill. If you haven't the best way to explain it is that Sorcs have a lot of skills that have pre-determiend ranges, they're fairly forgiving and easy to get used to but the best example is magma bomb. You hit the skill for magma bomb you throw a ball in front of you that explodes in an area from 8-12 meters in front of you, damaging everyone in that area.

Sorcs are a very fast paced class later on and yes they do the best damage of any class in the game when played properly. Sorcs are kind of squishy though and can be one hit if you get caught by a bit crit. Luckily sorcs have some great escapes and CC abilities.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Did my first run of BoL yesterday. I was playing my mystic and had no idea what I was doing but thankfully the team just told me to spam balls, and that I did.

I don;t really like doing group stuff until I know how to really play my class. but all the hoping between characters stopped my bleeding edge skills from being honed ;)

I spend today refining my shortcuts and rotations on some basilisks. I think I have a better control of the mystic core abilities for group and bam fighting. Gonna test it out on another run later.

Also paid close attention to the tank and they had no regard for any positioning or threat holding. I'm not sure if thats just how this game works (monsters naturally just freak out all over the place like monster hunter) or he was just being super lazy.

We didn't wipe so I'm guessing he was either being lax because he was OP or this first dungeon is stupidly easy.

Izayoi

Banned
Any Warriors on PvE servers looking to get some level 60 enigmatic swords (drop off of last boss in Balder's Temple)? If so, PM me and let me know.

Balder's is brutal, though. Very, very tight enrage timer on the last boss.

glaurung

Upgraded my account to CE, mainly because of the faster lion mount. I also got around to snapping some pictures of my archer last night, but instead of uploading them somewhere, I continued playing. The archer is now lv26.

Are there any graphics tweaks for the game? I use an nVidia card at the moment.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sorry I haven't been on the past few days. Between D3, fiancee, and INSANE work deadlines, I've been selective. I don't want to get caught up in instances if I can't commit to a good hour+ of uninterrupted fun!

Top Bottom