• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

NeOak

Holy shit NeOak, I just realized you PMed me years ago. Sorry for missing it! D:
Get on mumble! I'll be there as much as I can now that I finished this semester.

Also on Dragonfall,SomethingTerrable I think it's called will probably win,if you go by the praises but Believe is in the top 10 so do we have a chance at something assured or could the guild come up empty handed?

We're cool. ;)

It's 3,000 gold, and it's not meant for a single person to pay but rather for an entire guild to contribute to get one person elected.

Aeone gave 700g, I gave 1.3k for this round, 350g was already in the guild bank and the rest was donated by Reira and i remember who else. When the website is up (PewPewK is doing a great job) we'll have a structure for that. Gotta write the content.

Ricker

Oh ok lol, 3,000 gold makes more sense then the 30,000 I thought I read hehe...glad to see we will get to Vanarch something at least.

Ken

I dont think a lacer should use his aoe taunts every time theyre not on cd.
He should use it to pull groups that consist of many small enemys (the short cd one) or as a "oh shit" button (the long cd one that guarantees aggro) when you loose aggro.
In most cases you can hold aggro just fine against bosses without it and NOT using it gives you more time/opportunities to block/cc or just to do some damage making the kill so much faster.
Imo those things will make you a way better lancer than just using the shout all the time (even if you just care about holding aggro using the shout will make you vulnerable for the cast time as you cant cancel it with block, meaning you will recive more damage which then leads to the healer having to heal you and therefore might even make you loose aggro)

Soloing as a lancer is pretty easy (you can basically block every attack any mob in the game trows at you so you should never die, even against BAMs or Worldbosses) but it will take quite some time to kill stuff making it a slow process in comparison to the dd classes.

I'm only level 44 so I don't have the second AoE taunt. I like to spam Threatening Shout constantly since it's such a short cool down anyways. I'd rather use it when I am able to than when I need to because chances are I'll be in some other attack or skill animation when I need to use it, which means a second or two for my healer to get killed.

It's also not that I only use Shouts. I do attack during cool downs. Against something like CR boss, I will Shout, block, do some damage skills and debilitate, block, Shout, repeat.

The most frustrating thing about fighting BAM's is the fact that quite a few of them just randomly decide to walk over you ending with a knockdown then one shotting you while you are down or using retaliate.

Loginius

I'm only level 44 so I don't have the second AoE taunt. I like to spam Threatening Shout constantly since it's such a short cool down anyways. I'd rather use it when I am able to than when I need to because chances are I'll be in some other attack or skill animation when I need to use it, which means a second or two for my healer to get killed.

It's also not that I only use Shouts. I do attack during cool downs. Against something like CR boss, I will Shout, block, do some damage skills and debilitate, block, Shout, repeat.

I do understand where youre coming from, but I still think it is wiser to not use the shouts on cd.
When you are in a different attack/skill animation while you loose aggro just block for a moment, canceling the animation and then use the shout instantly.
(doesnt work the other way around since you cant cancel the shouts to block cc or whatever)
You could also use shield bash or 2xleash to get aggro back or at least enough time to use a shout (and time for your heal/sorc to get out of the way).

Using the shouts on cd could, for example, get your sorc killed if he is asking for it and is going all out right after you used a shout (in my experience there is no way to hold aggro when a lvl60 sorc goes all out and you dont have your shouts ready) of corse its his own fault then, but still, people tend to make mistakes or just do stupid stuf :)

My general "rotation" against bosses would be something like:
Start: Challenging Shout - Stand Fast - Riposte - (only now my teammates start hitting him)
Fight: Shield Bash (on cd) - Onslaught - Shield Wallop x2 - Spring Attack

In between some "Combo Attack"s when we dont have a mystik and I need to replenish mana and "Debilitate" before the 3 stacks run out.

Of course this beeing tera it doesnt always work quite like that, but its what I try to do so to speak.

When I loose aggro (happens very rarely, since the healer does not need to heal very much if I and the team no not mess up and when the sorc nows how to hold back and not waste all his mana in 1s) I use shout or cc if necessary and the cd allows for it.

Im not saying your way of doing it is wrong or something just that I think I can do more damage, block and cc when Im not using shout when it is not necessary.

Rinoa

This place is gorg

526068_10151014498742652_508032651_12165048_1228432681_n.jpg

I also wonder how they animated the characters so well sometimes

403563_10151014520532652_508032651_12165087_1388184579_n.jpg

Seems that their is a serious enchanting exploit on the EU servers atm, and Frogster are not going to do a server rollback to fix it. They're in discussions with Bluehole on a patch to fix it, but a lot of people are up in arms about the whole issue.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=91726&page=36&p=1695505&viewfull=1#post1695505

They made an update:

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=91930&p=1696732#post1696732

we welcome players to EME land.

Seems that their is a serious enchanting exploit on the EU servers atm, and Frogster are not going to do a server rollback to fix it. They're in discussions with Bluehole on a patch to fix it, but a lot of people are up in arms about the whole issue.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=91726&page=36&p=1695505&viewfull=1#post1695505

They made an update:

Enchanting sucks pretty bad at endgame. I'm not surprised people would exploit it.

They made an update:

Anybody know what it was?

Insayne

It still works on EU Server, can any american fella try if it works in the US as well?

Edit: Removed howto, dont wish to spread, seems confirmed to work on US

I wish there was a rollback on EU, thinking of rolling on US.

^

They are rolling back anyone that exploited to Sunday but doesn't seem like they are going to do much else.

In my opinion they should be banned or have their accounts suspended. It should be easy enough to find the exploiters by checking those that did it more than once. (e.g. +7 -> +8 -> +9).

Kareha

Did I read correctly that TERA US will be on sale again on Amazon US this weekend, considering getting it so I can play with everyone from here. Currently on the EU servers but got nobody to play with now :(

Insayne

Can someone of you please confirm this exploit is going on in the US ? Or is it just EU? I removed my earlier post detailing it for damage control, but i can share it via pm if you can test.

RSLAEV

You know I did see a fair amount of +9 enchantment announcements last night-I wonder if that was due to the exploit.

Rinoa

I saw a lot last night too, guess it was the exploit.

It seems that EME/Frogster don't want to do a rollback or anything drastic. Maybe they have a better way of handling it than a global rollback?

2San

I think it would've been better if we can keep exploiting(so make it legit). Shit is too expensive anyhow. :p

Can someone of you please confirm this exploit is going on in the US ? Or is it just EU? I removed my earlier post detailing it for damage control, but i can share it via pm if you can test.
Reading the thread I linked it seems pretty much confirmed, but anyone willing to take one for the team?

Insayne

Well someone from this thread did PM me (not naming names for anomisity) and confirmed the exploit working on US Servers. Sad times, not 1 month out and game-ruining exploits found.

2San

Well someone from this thread did PM me (not naming names for anomisity) and confirmed the exploit working on US Servers. Sad times, not 1 month out and game-ruining exploits found.
Nothing less from the creators of Lineage 2(people made a thousands of dollars on that game gold exploits), but we're lucking it got leaked, so it's known exploit rather than a small group exploiting it for all it's worth.

Izayoi

Banned
Yeah, they fixed it in the US. If there were exploiters, there weren't many - no +9s up on the AH or anything like that on my server at least. Good on EME, shame about Frogster.

2San

Yeah, they fixed it in the US. If there were exploiters, there weren't many - no +9s up on the AH or anything like that on my server at least. Good on EME, shame about Frogster.
That was fast o_O, so jelly. So did Bluehole role out a fix or did EME patch it themselves?

We were talking about all the recent +9 notices in guild chat. We thought it was because the Specialty Stores were finally re-enabled on Valley of Titans (everything got disabled after a server crash so no one could go above +6 for a while). I hope they have a way to identify and punish the offenders.

Izayoi

Banned
We were talking about all the recent +9 notices in guild chat. We thought it was because the Specialty Stores were finally re-enabled on Valley of Titans (everything got disabled after a server crash so no one could go above +6 for a while). I hope they have a way to identify and punish the offenders.
EME seems to be pretty on the ball, I'm sure they'll find a way. Haven't seen any +9 notices on my server in the past half an hour, nor are there any on the AH. Another theory is that it only works on PvP servers, which would be weird, but I wouldn't doubt something like that at this point.

2San

EME seems to be pretty on the ball, I'm sure they'll find a way. Haven't seen any +9 notices on my server in the past half an hour, nor are there any on the AH. Another theory is that it only works on PvP servers, which would be weird, but I wouldn't doubt something like that at this point.
You sure it's fixed? No one made any mention about fixing it.

I'm 100% sure that it's fixed. They did it silently, but it definitely doesn't work at least on PvE NA servers.

Is that based on an attempt to do it or the fact that your AH isn't screwed up and filled with +9 items and you haven't seen any +9 notices in a while?

Our AH on celestial hills is clear of +9 items from what I can see... but that doesn't mean someone isn't stockpiling them..

I see. It's odd they are being silent about it though.

It could be that they are preparing a statement to go along with the patch notes.

Izayoi

Banned
Let's just say that I may know someone who tested it extensively using more than one account and several characters. It doesn't work, at least on PvE servers.

Silent fix doesn't bode well. If they just pretend it didn't happen and exploiters get to keep their +9 shit then fuck that, I'll cancel my auto renew and this company can go fuck itself.

Silent fix doesn't bode well. If they just pretend it didn't happen and exploiters get to keep their +9 shit then fuck that, I'll cancel my auto renew and this company can go fuck itself.

I might cancel my sub if they roll back servers and I have to replay like 10 hours of progress because a few hundred people got themselves a decent weapon, boo fucking hoo. Fix it and move on.

Top Bottom