• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

2San

I just keep hearing horror stories about the EU version of this game and the company running it. Is it really that bad?
It's been decent till now. The only real problem is that shit start to get fixed when EME steps up. Frogster didn't have the whole payment/subscription fiasco though. People are just wary that it's a gameforge company(rightly so). They made some questionable decisions with censoring and such, but they seem to have reverted that. They do respond to criticism and do act when there is a fan backlash.

No reason not to just get the digital US version and play on these servers. En Masse rocks.
Timezone differences and ping are a pretty important factors to consider and EME are hardly flawless either.

NeOak

Hasn't this problem been around in Korean version for a while now as well? I personally don't have this problem btw(on a 2500k and flashed HD6950 system).

With the UI, i get about 40 fps. Without it, i get 57 fps.

And TERA uses more like 3 cores. I get a performance hit when i go from 3 to 2, but none when i go from 4 to 3 cores using the task manager to set affinity.

2San

With the UI, i get about 40 fps. Without it, i get 57 fps.
The FPS increase I get is pretty minor, I would have to use a benchmark to get proper numbers. I have checked the GPU load though, it's seems to be 60~80% regardless of UI or not.

Kokonoe

Banned
The FPS increase I get is pretty minor, I would have to use a benchmark to get proper numbers. I have checked the GPU load though, it's seems to be 60~80% regardless of UI or not.

It certainly isn't minor. I'll go from 40 to 80 with it off.

2San

And TERA uses more like 3 cores. I get a performance hit when i go from 3 to 2, but none when i go from 4 to 3 cores using the task manager to set affinity.
Wouldn't know, I like to let windows to decide the CPU distribution itself. Tried to change the affinity once though, but TERA and the task manager where both like" Err, nope not going to happen".

I think the biggest problem is as said in the reddit post if your GPU is properly going into performance mode when playing TERA.

It certainly isn't minor. I'll go from 40 to 80 with it off.
Well I'm talking about my personal experience. Have you checked your GPU load? Just put the game to full screen windowed mode and alt-tab to whatever you use to check GPU load.

I hate soloing Fangspawns as an archer. Hard to dodge them.

Those ones are troublesome ! I agree.

Anuxinamon, we took down the nagas smoothly : ) And a dragon-looking world boss at the Maelstrom in Tempest Reach. He was a bit chewy, cuz he's one level above. It was fun, nevertheless. Met a disappointing lancer that left half way through, though. Ah well, ended up killing the monster without a tank anyway. : D

How are you going with your characters? Did you SM yet?

I'm about to go to NT dungeon myself. Quite excited : )

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Anuxinamon, we took down the nagas smoothly : ) And a dragon-looking world boss at the Maelstrom in Tempest Reach. He was a bit chewy, cuz he's one level above. It was fun, nevertheless. Met a disappointing lancer that left half way through, though. Ah well, ended up killing the monster without a tank anyway. : D

How are you going with your characters? Did you SM yet?

I'm about to go to NT dungeon myself. Quite excited : )

Yes!! Finally! I got to run SM a few times yesterday, The first time I was only added for the last boss, but it was cake walk. Then the second time I has my mana ball skill so that was super fun. Though the tank accused me of not healing.. when he was standing right next to a red ball. hahaha
Not sure why but some people don't realise that they need to eat balls to replenish HP and mana. I had one tank who would constantly be at <10% mana and I would drop mana balls right next to him and he wouldn't eat them. Luckily the zerker and sorc knew the benefits of the mana balls :D

I think I need to restructure my glyph's on my mystic to benefit my ball casting stuff. I currently have it on titanic Favour and the cleanse.
Will have to see. I think I use those two skills a lot more in oh shit situations then I do balls.

I did my first tanking run of BoL yesterday but it was with my mates and one of them was a lvl 27 tank haha. It was cool cause it got me used to being on the receiving end and watching the tells better. My chest piece, gloves and lance dropped so I was very happy about that! Got my lance to +5 :D

Let me know hot the NT dungeon went yeah? :D:D:D

Visceir

Ended up making a red haired female castanic archer named Backson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpiD21jtWGA ) on Dragonfall while the pvp servers were down.

I made an archer as my very first character back in CBT3 and back then I used to always start shooting as far as I could and then hope I killed the monster before it got to me. Now I'm just running in up close and starfing around the monster - doing more dmg. Really enjoyed playing a new character even though I do miss the invincibility evasive roll though...and the area damage :(

Will probably get her to lvl 20 so I can give my vote to Believe.

Ricker

So I probably wont be able to be online on the 25th for the elections on Dragonfall...how will this work? can we vote for a week or just on the 25th?

Kit Airwave

Neo Member
What's wrong with the GAF guilds? Or are you on EU?

How is the EU guild doing anyway?

Nah. I'm US. I haven't really browsed this thread to see that gaf had one. In general I like to play with older gamers. Not to say that all older gamers are mature and all younger ones are immature, but it's always a bit more fun for me to interact with people close to my own age.

What's GAF's guild name?

2San

Nah. I'm US. I haven't really browsed this thread to see that gaf had one. In general I like to play with older gamers. Not to say that all older gamers are mature and all younger ones are immature, but it's always a bit more fun for me to interact with people close to my own age.

What's GAF's guild name?
Believe. They're on Valley of Titans [GAF PVP] and on Dragonfall [GAF PVE]

Guild thread

Guild site

2San

Just an FYI, that site is for the VoT GAF PvP guild only. Dragonfall GAF will have it's new site ASAP (as soon as we have our about statements written).
Wasn't aware. I'm playing on EU servers. Why aren't you guys sharing the site btw?

Yes!! Finally! I got to run SM a few times yesterday, The first time I was only added for the last boss, but it was cake walk. Then the second time I has my mana ball skill so that was super fun. Though the tank accused me of not healing.. when he was standing right next to a red ball. hahaha
Not sure why but some people don't realise that they need to eat balls to replenish HP and mana. I had one tank who would constantly be at <10% mana and I would drop mana balls right next to him and he wouldn't eat them. Luckily the zerker and sorc knew the benefits of the mana balls :D

I think I need to restructure my glyph's on my mystic to benefit my ball casting stuff. I currently have it on titanic Favour and the cleanse.
Will have to see. I think I use those two skills a lot more in oh shit situations then I do balls.

I did my first tanking run of BoL yesterday but it was with my mates and one of them was a lvl 27 tank haha. It was cool cause it got me used to being on the receiving end and watching the tells better. My chest piece, gloves and lance dropped so I was very happy about that! Got my lance to +5 :D

Let me know hot the NT dungeon went yeah? :D:D:D

I have faster casting glyph on the red ball at around SM levels, but now I've switched it to faster blue ball : ) Still, cleanse and target heals are must-glyphed skills for me!

LUCKY! What a loot from BoL for your lancer! : D I dont think I've ever lucked out that much myself... There was once that I kept rolling in the single digit for one instance until the party started to notice it and was lolling at me and my lame-ass dice luck.... lol

Will relay how NT goes down once I ran it, for sure : )

NeOak

Wasn't aware. I'm playing on EU servers. Why aren't you guys sharing the site btw?
Um... we aren't? Haven't had the chance to coordinate with jiien and Unknown Soldier never gave us access to the website, so PewPewK did a new one.

Just an FYI, that site is for the VoT GAF PvP guild only. Dragonfall GAF will have it's new site ASAP (as soon as we have our about statements written).
Thats all that is missing? Hmm, gonna get one.

So I probably wont be able to be online on the 25th for the elections on Dragonfall...how will this work? can we vote for a week or just on the 25th?
The voting stage lasts a week.

Ricker

Um... we aren't? Haven't had the chance to coordinate with jiien and Unknown Soldier never gave us access to the website, so PewPewK did a new one.

Thats all that is missing? Hmm, gonna get one.

The voting stage lasts a week.

Ah ok,I will have time to vote then,thanks.

TGMIII

I just keep hearing horror stories about the EU version of this game and the company running it. Is it really that bad?

What have you heard?

EU version is fine, there aren't any notable issues going on right now. The servers went down yesterday for a short bit but the same thing has happened on the US servers multiple times. Maybe you've been getting told the same bullshit people I know were told, for whatever reason, to get them to go to the US servers.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Easiest, lowest damage potential while solo, good in a group because of the debuff. You won't be doing huge numbers, but it's fairly consistent.

Well you don't do BIG hits, but you do about 3 or 4 medium size hits in the time it takes other classes to do their big hits with the exception of when the sorcs haste is up. 16% haste with the death from above haste buff. Makes you a monster.

Kit Airwave

Neo Member
Easiest dps class in the game, and this is coming from a warrior. Just be prepared to deal with pulling agro cause you will more than any other class.

Well That's because you're supposed to be able to tank or DPS. As long as you're in attack stance there's no way you'll pull aggro over a lancer or heals.

The warrior is a fairly easy class, but it's DPS isn't that of a Slayer, Zerker or even a Sorcerer. I've heard this changes at high levels, but I have a 45 warrior and it's very weak in comparison to my slayer. On my slayer, when I run instances with warriors they're still underwhelming at lvl's 50-52. The warrior's AoE is quite small with the exception of a couple skills.

That being said. Warriors are great at stunning, evading and are generally "fast action" and fun.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well That's because you're supposed to be able to tank or DPS. As long as you're in attack stance there's no way you'll pull aggro over a lancer or heals.

I wish this was true, scythe alone scares the shit out of me when I use it and it crits for all the hits. Let alone blade draw deciding to go off cooldown 4 times straight and always criting too. Dat agro pulling damage spam

Sblargh

Banned
Man, look how fabulous what I just tailored (also, higher lvl of what I was using).

tumblr_m4if1sxaMY1qzwaelo1_1280.png

PewPewK

I offered anybody who wanted it access to the site but nobody ever asked me.

And thanks for the offer, but I'm a fan of doing things myself by hand and I kinda went all out making the site super spiffy and cool. If you want, you all are welcome to use the site as well if you wish! Once it's all done and up I'll post a link here, you can check it out, and see if you want to keep your own enjin or merge with our site.

Loginius

And EU srvers down again...
I know they at least anounced the downtime for today, but for gods sake we had quite the long downtime yesterday, what are they doing today that could not have been done then?

Nah, it is 10am over here so its a pretty good time for downtime I guess just my bad luck I have some sparetime right now.

Top Bottom