• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Scum

A warning - once you attack any boss in there you got 15 minutes before it goes berzerk and one shot you lol. the whole dungeon is pointless. only get a drop at the final boss.

Ah, I see. Might be a good idea for me to move on then. :lol

Ken

The same armor on the High Elf sure looks a lot different from the Elin version. Also, NT keeps giving me the level 44 superior chest piece. Up to 3 of them now but I need gauntlets and boots. Same with the level 44 superior lances. :(

Izayoi

Banned
The same armor on the High Elf sure looks a lot different from the Elin version. Also, NT keeps giving me the level 44 superior chest piece. Up to 3 of them now but I need gauntlets and boots. Same with the level 44 superior lances. :(
If they're on the AH, chances are the prices are pretty reasonable relative to the money you'll be making at endgame. I'd say just buy it and move on. There's a new set of gear at 50 anyway.

Ken

If they're on the AH, chances are the prices are pretty reasonable relative to the money you'll be making at endgame. I'd say just buy it and move on. There's a new set of gear at 50 anyway.

I just like to grind out dungeons for gear and level since I don't like doing quests alone.

Is Sigil Adstringo worth doing at 45 (or ever)?

Izayoi

Banned
I just like to grind out dungeons for gear and level since I don't like doing quests alone.

Is Sigil Adstringo worth doing at 45 (or ever)?
Never. Any of the down-tuned instances are a huge waste of time. The 45 one, the 52 one, and the 56 one are all worthless. They used to be level 58 instances with some nice gear, why EME tuned them down instead of up is baffling to me.

Ken

Never. Any of the down-tuned instances are a huge waste of time. The 45 one, the 52 one, and the 56 one are all worthless. They used to be level 58 instances with some nice gear, why EME tuned them down instead of up is baffling to me.

So I should just go back to doing quests to...50?

Kareha

Looking at the Amazon US TERA page, it says that you can only buy the download version if you have a US billing address and be located in the US. Is there a way around this as I would like to get the US version if it's cheap enough in tomorrows sale, as I live in the UK.

NeOak

Looking at the Amazon US TERA page, it says that you can only buy the download version if you have a US billing address and be located in the US. Is there a way around this as I would like to get the US version if it's cheap enough in tomorrows sale, as I live in the UK.

Since all you need is the key do download the game, a US gaffer could buy it for you and you could download the game from EME.

vaelic

Banned
Unlock In-Game Prizes by Sharing TERA

Want to unlock in-game cosmetic items for your favorite character? Been looking to introduce friends and guild mates to TERA? Here's your chance to do both! We've published our "True Action Combat" trailer on Facebook and are inviting TERA players to share it on their timelines. As the video post reaches set numbers of shares, we'll release game codes that everyone in the TERA community can redeem.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/...ok&utm_medium=social_media&utm_campaign=promo

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How about, a 7 day trial?

I know people looking into TERA but are not willing to drop the $25-$50 on it without a sample.

Rinoa

How about, a 7 day trial?

I know people looking into TERA but are not willing to drop the $25-$50 on it without a sample.

They already had the betas and the buddy code trials a long time ago.

We need to spam something a million times by June 1 to get an item for our character? ehh

You are the anti-me (haven't been to Frontera).
Poporia have one of the best enemies design ever (the vampyrs, jesters and such) and the desert is a bit of downer because it's just a huge sandbox (specially after Poporia which was so beautiful all around), but I loved the BAMs there. The giants on Tulufan are the best BAMs I encountered so far and the lizards are cool too, with their tail sticking out of the sand and all (also Arena of Terror stands as the only BAM quest to be actually difficult).

Once you've been to the next continent, your tune will change.
I guaranteeeee

some early areas there:
556197_10150937771682652_508032651_12022004_710874081_n.jpg

(the only good part of Frontera)

579354_10150974601122652_508032651_12052204_1425963057_n.jpg

RSLAEV

In hindsight, should not have rolled an Archer Popori. All the leather gear looks horrible on me. I don't know why it took so long to realize this. Grrrr, too cheap to pay for the race change though.

I know what you mean. I rolled an Aman Female Slayer and I hate hate hate most of the leather body armor. My Slayer is 39 and I'm seriously tempted to reroll Lancer or Berserker just so I can get in on the Plate-kini action.

Sblargh

Banned
Ranting ahead:
I hate stories in MMOs; I'm at a part on the storyline where not only I am the hero, but also a kind of prophecy or whatever, man, I hate that shit on a MMO.
There are 3000 guys around me, am I stupid and don't I know that they are all the only one sacred hero that can save us all? How do you roleplay to that? Do you pretend they are just regular folk? So how does it work when there are two people roleplaying that?

I think stories in MMO should be kept to a minimum so you fill the blanks: You are a weak soldier, we are being invaded, you go to this frontline; now you are stronger, we need you on this frontlne, and just that. Let me create my personal story as I get in contact with these other thousands of people that can do exactly the same as I can.

SmallWind

Codes to unlock 2 of the items
Tera Facebook Page said:
The first two share milestones have been achieved!

Black Horn-Rimmed Glasses
- Game Code Unlocked: smarty pants!

Pirate Eye Patch
- Game Code Unlocked: ahoy matey!

To apply these game codes, follow these directions:
https://tera-support.enmasse.com/ap...ok&utm_medium=social_media&utm_campaign=promo

The 5,000 share milestone is not far away!

SmallWind

D: When are you guys gonna get back on Tera?

-----

3rd item code!
Tera Facebook Page said:
And 5,000 shares achieved! Congratulations, TERA community!

Shadowcat Mask
- Game Code Unlocked: I can has mask!

Coolwhip

Banned
IGN slams Tera pretty bad. They rated it a 6.5 because it's quests are dull, story is bad and there is too much repetition. Guess they haven't played other MMORPGS.

Ferrio

Banned
Got an email today with a 25% discount code. Dammit game.. I don't want you. I tried the first 10 levels in beta and the quests were boring boring... don't tempt me with the jigglies!

Izayoi

Banned
Neat, cosmetics we don't have to pay for. All of that shit is premium in Korea.
Is that a tier 13 armor set? Rather are the last row shown for each class/race tier 13 from that site?
Last three on the bottom row are the Tier 13 sets. One from Nexus, one from hard modes, one from crafting.

NeOak

Voting phase is up. If you can support us in Dragonfall, we'll appreaciate it. Our alliance is the following:

• Believe in Northern Shara
  • Heartwood Knights in Southern Shara
  • Fairy Tale in Arun

edit: derp 3 aruns

Xander51

Got an email today with a 25% discount code. Dammit game.. I don't want you. I tried the first 10 levels in beta and the quests were boring boring... don't tempt me with the jigglies!

I got that coupon too. Seriously tempted to pick it up, especially with how clear my summer gaming schedule is looking.

Dicer

Banned
IGN slams Tera pretty bad. They rated it a 6.5 because it's quests are dull, story is bad and there is too much repetition. Guess they haven't played other MMORPGS.

I bet you dollars to donuts they didn't get out of the starter zone....fuck IGN sucks so much

Ken

I bet you dollars to donuts they didn't get out of the starter zone....fuck IGN sucks so much

I'd give it a 6.5 if I never got out of the starter zone. I'd give it an arbitrary score of 9/10 though since I got out of the starter zone.

IGN is paid by NCSoft to rate games how NCSoft wants them rated. I can't wait to see their score for Wow:MOP compared to GW2.

To be fair, I doubt the IGN score would be that much different if they actually played the game all the way to the cap and faced what 'endgame' is in this game. The way the game is amazing from 1-60 and then just completely falls apart at 60 is actually really impressive.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
IGN is paid by NCSoft to rate games how NCSoft wants them rated. I can't wait to see their score for Wow:MOP compared to GW2.

To be fair, I doubt the IGN score would be that much different if they actually played the game all the way to the cap and faced what 'endgame' is in this game. The way the game is amazing from 1-60 and then just completely falls apart at 60 is actually really impressive.

I prefer the end game in this than the leveling

Top Bottom