• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Xilium

Do I need to be lvl 35 to join the guild (Dragonfall)? That's what the notes say anyway.

Also, how do you vote?

Edit: I figured it out.

Azzurri

Hmm. so I tried to install Tera from the CD and it won't let me? I click on install and I get nothing? I DL'ed the client and I got to make a folder and all and it patched a bt, but when I go to click the launcher I get nothing. I checked the folder and I get Tera-Launcher.bat?

Izayoi

Banned
Hmm. so I tried to install Tera from the CD and it won't let me? I click on install and I get nothing? I DL'ed the client and I got to make a folder and all and it patched a bt, but when I go to click the launcher I get nothing. I checked the folder and I get Tera-Launcher.bat?
Run setup as administrator.

Azzurri

Run setup as administrator.

I got it to work by using my computer and right clicked on the CD and "opened" the disk and clicked setup from there and it worked. Pretty weird.

NM, I installed it but I can't get it to run from the launcher even when I run admin, no clue what's wrong. I get Tera-Launcher.bat in the Tera folder.

Rinoa

Hot, hot hot hot.

410868_10151024846197652_508032651_12195530_360393706_o.jpg

I like that you can wear more than one thing on your head

mileS

Well that was fun. Wait 3 straight hours in the instance finder (on a friday night no less) to get into Lab of Terror to do my story quest. I'm party leader, thats great.. until I d/c for 30seconds in the middle. Come back and finish, new party leader kicks us out the second loot is finished. I guess its my fault for not rushing to the quest item as soon as the boss was dead but shit... what the hell.

Also, the first boss and the last boss of Lab or Terror kills my framerate. I normally get 50-70, but the last boss? as low as 16, 24 for most of it. GRRRR

Kareha

With TERA US being 50% off on Amazon US atm, how would I go about getting a US Gaffer to get me it? I don't have a Paypal account but I do have a credit card, maybe get something from Steam for the equivalent value or is there a way to pay someone via Paypal without an account?

UPDATE:

Lol, my order at Amazon US went through, used a US billing address when i set up another account and it processed it on my UK credit card :) Now I just have to download the damn thing, although I have read somewhere that you can change the EU client into the US one so that should save some time.

Protocol7

Hey guys, just wanted to know if there are still spots left for the PVE and PVP guild? And who do I have to contact in game? Are there any restrictions?

Thx ^^

Hey guys, just wanted to know if there are still spots left for the PVE and PVP guild? And who do I have to contact in game? Are there any restrictions?

Thx ^^

Just go to the guild search, look for 'Believe', and let them know in the application your a gaffer. There's no limit as to how many guild members can join. Only restrictions I can think of is that any alt characters have to go to 'Disbelieve', but that's about it.

My system has:

AMD Athlon II X2 235e
6GB RAM
Nvidia 8800GT

Would that run Terra?

Should be okay at Low-Med settings.

PewPewK

Just go to the guild search, look for 'Believe', and let them know in the application your a gaffer. There's no limit as to how many guild members can join. Only restrictions I can think of is that any alt characters have to go to 'Disbelieve', but that's about it.

Guilds are capped at 300 members, which we (the Dragonfall PvE guild) have been at for some time. We're constantly kicking inactive players to make room for new players though, so we usually are sitting at ~298 members, which means there's usually room for more.

PewPewK

We seem to be doing ok on the elections, but our allies not so much. :p
But I think everyone will get *some* vanarchy.

Fairy Tale is in 3rd on their continent; that's not bad. We're in second on ours. Our ally for Southern Shara though is 6th, doesn't look like they'll make it.

Halvie

Banned
To each his own, I suppose. I really enjoy the PvP. Duels and deathmatches are great.

it is as lazy as humanly possible. I don't get how all these games come out with pvp systems that aren't a fraction of the best pvp mmos. Zero risk reward. Basically a game that caters to people that like griefing others, which would be fine if there was something more to the system. Kill noobs but then be in danger of losing xp or gear or something. Can't fathom how people smart enough to actually make the games can't comprehend this. Trash pvp system, well enjoy your game dying in a couple months.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
With TERA US being 50% off on Amazon US atm, how would I go about getting a US Gaffer to get me it? I don't have a Paypal account but I do have a credit card, maybe get something from Steam for the equivalent value or is there a way to pay someone via Paypal without an account?

UPDATE:

Lol, my order at Amazon US went through, used a US billing address when i set up another account and it processed it on my UK credit card :) Now I just have to download the damn thing, although I have read somewhere that you can change the EU client into the US one so that should save some time.

How were you able to do this? My gf has a US Amazon account but we don't have US credit card anymore and when I put in my Canadian Visa it won't accept it without a matching US address.

Izayoi

Banned
it is as lazy as humanly possible. I don't get how all these games come out with pvp systems that aren't a fraction of the best pvp mmos. Zero risk reward. Basically a game that caters to people that like griefing others, which would be fine if there was something more to the system. Kill noobs but then be in danger of losing xp or gear or something. Can't fathom how people smart enough to actually make the games can't comprehend this. Trash pvp system, well enjoy your game dying in a couple months.
Looks like someone got ganked a few times, eh? There's always PvE servers. You'll still be able to do all PvP (eventually) except open world FFA.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think I'm going to join you guys in this game. Is the Collectors Edition worth the extra $5?

I was going to go PVP like all other MMO's I play, but the PVP system looks kind of lame in this game.

Halvie

Banned
Looks like someone got ganked a few times, eh? There's always PvE servers. You'll still be able to do all PvP except open world FFA.

is the point really that hard to understand? I don't mind being ganked, but going red having zero impact on anyone is lazy and at this point inexcusable. Wasn't the code for this game supposed to be stolen Lineage 3 code? Great job, take all the good shit out of that game and then release it, bravo.

I mean they don't even have a fucking pk / pvp counter. That would have taken an entire hour or two to implement.

and by your response, looks like someone has never played a good pvp game, eh?

as an example... in L2, have a rival guild pk guild members farming. They go red. Have guild members all log out around low level members grinding. They come back again and kill those players. Have guild members log in, kill the other guild, and take high level drops from them dying while red. Infinitely better than anything this game offers pvp-wise.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I guess the game has been out for almost a month now? How's it holding up? I've been a bit curious about it, but haven't had time to dive in, and it often seems with new MMOs that there's that initial rush when it launches, and then things putter out as that first month comes to a close. Does it look like a decent number of people are sticking around for at least a few months? Tempted to take the game for a spin, but want to know how the community is looking right now.

Izayoi

Banned
I think I'm going to join you guys in this game. Is the Collectors Edition worth the extra $5?

I was going to go PVP like all other MMO's I play, but the PVP system looks kind of lame in this game.
CE is definitely worth the $5. Second fastest mount in the game for free, plus some really good (for the level) jewelry.

The open world FFA doesn't work quite as EME would've liked, I think. The penalties were obviously there in K-TERA for a reason. PvE servers will eventually get everything that PvP servers have sans open world FFA, so that's probably your best bet.

is the point really that hard to understand? I don't mind being ganked, but going red having zero impact on anyone is lazy and at this point inexcusable. Wasn't the code for this game supposed to be stolen Lineage 3 code? Great job, take all the good shit out of that game and then release it, bravo.

I mean they don't even have a fucking pk / pvp counter. That would have taken an entire hour or two to implement.

I understand you're flustered, but you're making yourself look ignorant. The code was not stolen, BH was caught up in actually developing the game as opposed to playing childish legal games with NCSoft so they paid the paltry settlement fine and moved on. I've been playing MMOs for over a decade, I have experienced good PvP, and even experienced it in this game! I won't continue to indulge your thread-shitting, though. Enjoy whatever games you endeavor to play in the future. :)

Does it look like a decent number of people are sticking around for at least a few months? Tempted to take the game for a spin, but want to know how the community is looking right now.
Even if Dragonfall and the PvP servers lost over half of their populations they'd still be very busy, so I'd wager you're fine.

Azzurri

SO I setup my subscription last night, but it still tells me; Status "expired" although i entered my CC already and got an email last night?

Well, I guess they're having trouble with sub payments right now, great, Lol.

Kareha

How were you able to do this? My gf has a US Amazon account but we don't have US credit card anymore and when I put in my Canadian Visa it won't accept it without a matching US address.

All I did was use a US address I found (Googles HQ), put my card details in and it went through. It took a bit longer to process than normal but it worked, got my serial code and the code for the mask to.

Kareha

Wow, the TERA CE digital download is apparently only 30 on Amazon. Tempting.

Yup I got it earlier today so I can play with all the Gaffers on the US servers (I'm in the UK). I'm going to keep subbing to my EU account as well as I've nearly got my Slayer to level 60 on that.

PewPewK

I guess the game has been out for almost a month now? How's it holding up? I've been a bit curious about it, but haven't had time to dive in, and it often seems with new MMOs that there's that initial rush when it launches, and then things putter out as that first month comes to a close. Does it look like a decent number of people are sticking around for at least a few months? Tempted to take the game for a spin, but want to know how the community is looking right now.

Dragonfall guild averages about 30 people online at any given point. We're pretty healthy right now and about to win the vanarchy (political system election) in Northern Shara (level 50-60 continent).

Tess3ract

Banned

The PVP servers are considerably more populated, jsyk

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Just bought the game. Didn't realize the second I added it to my account so I could start downloading the game, it would start counting down my free month :(

So which server has the more active NeoGAF guild? The PVP or PVE Server?

2San

as an example... in L2, have a rival guild pk guild members farming. They go red. Have guild members all log out around low level members grinding. They come back again and kill those players. Have guild members log in, kill the other guild, and take high level drops from them dying while red. Infinitely better than anything this game offers pvp-wise.
As a former L2 player, while not better than L2 pvp(system wise), it's pretty decent. Ganking is suprising low and there's definitely fun to be had. Till now world pvp has been blast, I am worried about the end game pvp though. The risk factor here is increased chance of breaking crystals. All of that is beside that though, there's world pvp and it's good what more do you want?

While some stat tracking would be nice, but it's hardly important, unless you are someone that takes part in dick waving competitions.

Arcticfox

I was waiting for today knowing Amazon would have it for half price. I am enjoying it so far. I will join the guild once I have played a little and gotten used to the gameplay.

Is there any way to autoloot? Even the early creatures seem to drop 4 things each kill and it is slightly annoying to pickup up each one individually.

Finally raged. I keep trying to force myself to like this game and give it a chance but I can't. The quests are boring, it's hard to find groups, and I still can't play a Sorc for shit after wasting so many hours.

Gave up after a stupid mob killed my Sorc since it's hard to run away as you enter combat because it slows down and you can't summon your mount, and even if you dodge their bullshit fire attacks, they lock onto you, and other mobs gang up on you while you're running half speed.

Gonna try out the melee classes, but I don't think I'll be playing after the free month is up. Just not having fun. Shallow as the battle system in Vindictus may be, the combat feels a 100x better.

Isn't that kinda unfair logging out and then logging back in to fool the system and steal people's loot or am I misunderstanding something here? I do sorta agree though, the PvP system could have some kind of Reward/Punishment system. If you're gonna gank under certain conditions, it'd be interesting to run the risk of someone stealing or losing all their loot.

Tess3ract

Banned
Berserker is pretty good.

To be honest I don't really like sorc either.

Warrior
Lancer
Archer
Berserker
Slayer
Sorc
Mystic
Priest

In that order imo

Jackl

Gonna try out the melee classes, but I don't think I'll be playing after the free month is up. Just not having fun. Shallow as the battle system in Vindictus may be, the combat feels a 100x better.

Do either Slayer or Zerk.

Warriors are late bloomers and I couldn't stand the first twenty levels.

Halvie

Banned
Isn't that kinda unfair logging out and then logging back in to fool the system and steal people's loot or am I misunderstanding something here? I do sorta agree though, the PvP system could have some kind of Reward/Punishment system. If you're gonna gank under certain conditions, it'd be interesting to run the risk of someone stealing or losing all their loot.

Don't go red in good gear if you aren't willing to drop something, or only do that when you are backed by your guild.

IDK maybe it was just the time it came out. Server wide fights between regular players and the farmer bot clans were also something that won't ever get replicated. Should probably stop trying to find something that will match the experience. Not like I have the time to sink into a game with that grind level again anyways.

edit: combat in this game is really fun, and the graphics are outstanding. Probably why I wish there was a bit more to the pvp.

Ken

So I've kind of lost motivation to keep going since I'm kind of clueless as to where to go. I just hit 45 after grinding NT a few times. I guess I'm supposed to go to Frontera now. Would it be best to just get back on and start doing those quests or just do NT to 46. I like doing instances since I have a group killing things for me; I hate doing quests alone as a lancer since it takes forever to complete "kill x" quests.

I'm guessing the risk of wiping in SA greatly outweighs the experience gained from the repeatable/time it takes to run through it?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I've kind of lost motivation to keep going since I'm kind of clueless as to where to go. I just hit 45 after grinding NT a few times. I guess I'm supposed to go to Frontera now. Would it be best to just get back on and start doing those quests or just do NT to 46. I like doing instances since I have a group killing things for me; I hate doing quests alone as a lancer since it takes forever to complete "kill x" quests.

I'm guessing the risk of wiping in SA greatly outweighs the experience gained from the repeatable/time it takes to run through it?

I hope you are not single pulling mobs and at least fighting 5 things at a time when soloing

Visceir

Did some random pvp/ok with my guild today. Mystic and I were just roaming around killing whatever got on our path in the lvl 60 areas. We killed a priest, she returned with 2 more people (sorc and lancer) while I was alone. Obviously they wanted to get revenge, but by the time my outlaw status had gone back to normal. So they flagged outlaw but as they did that I just took out the sorcerer and half way into the fight my mystic friend got back to me and we killed the priest again while the lancer just ran off. With them being red I'm sure they lost a crystal, haha.

A bit later while we were killing a lancer the sorcerer from before randomly showed up again and wanted to attack, but I had just used my In Cold Blood and Overpowered skill to take down the lancer, but instead directed my attacks against the sorc and two-shot him.

We also ran into a party of 3(priest, lancer, zerker) killing a BAM. It was fun fighting 2vs3 with the BAM being aggroed on them.

From what I've seen berserkers seem to be really awful in pvp, it's so easy to dodge their attacks.

Top Bottom